Alpha 4

Started by Zemaus, April 22, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zemaus

Any eta? Im still new to the game and am wondering.

Tynan

I'm going to Europe for half of May (holiday) so it may actually be in June.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

porcupine

Quote from: Tynan on April 22, 2014, 09:05:23 PM

Are you sure it wouldn't be a better idea to release it a few days *before* you leave for holidays, even if it's shorter on features then you want it to be?

That way you get peace on the holidays, feedback when you return, and fresh ideas to work with/tweaks to apply

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: porcupine on April 22, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

Are you sure it wouldn't be a better idea to release it a few days *before* you leave for holidays, even if it's shorter on features then you want it to be?

That way you get peace on the holidays, feedback when you return, and fresh ideas to work with/tweaks to apply
yes sure release Alpha 4 without even having a new feature yet! GREAT IDEA!
EDIT: BTW i'm being sarcastic...
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Tynan

More like: if there is a bug in A4, I would either have to leave it until my return (awful) or somehow try to fix it on vacation (also awful).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

renwold

Also, didn't A3 JUST come out? I think 'June' is pretty exciting considering the gap between earlier versions (though I know a lot of back-end work was done to delay those)
RimWorld Let's Play Collection
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)

ItchyFlea

Wait, are you saying you're a real human being and not some kind of robot that sits in a darkened room programming all day long?! (Totally not something I've done. )

Enjoy your vacation.  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

renwold

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 23, 2014, 01:39:22 AM
Wait, are you saying you're a real human being and not some kind of robot that sits in a darkened room programming all day long?!

Hey now, he never said THAT!  :P
RimWorld Let's Play Collection
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)

Darkfirephoenix

I'm pretty sure that he IS in fact a robot and only uses this "vacation" to hide it! :D But I have no problem with the next release in June, the only question is: Begin, middle or end of June (1-10, 10-20, 20-30)?

Coenmcj

"It's done when it's done" - Some guy, 2013
The month is generally just a rough estimation, especially with indie titles such as rimworld, could come sooner, could come later.

Just be patient. it'll come eventually
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

jamieg

coming to the UK?? dunno why ya would.... weather sucks :p
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Nasikabatrachus

June? Well, I guess if it's six months sooner than the next Dwarf Fortress update, you're still doing pretty good.

Ermantis

Yeah, or you can manage to become tester so you have the minor-releases #ProTip

Renham

on the other hand we could do a long period of testing on the alpha 4, while you are out for vacation so we have a more precise report, as we can still play for fun if we want the more reliable alpha 3 for fun. and alpha 4 be a sort of experimental pre release.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

Neone

I don't think it's a good idea. Game released to the public is a game released to the public - nobody cares if it's called alpha, beta or final release. If someone new will download A4 and won't be able to play it because of some bug or gameplay would be seriously lowered because of bug, do you think, that he will still be interested in such a game?

Early release is maybe good for current community, current players, but imho it's a bad move if we are talking about new players. And this tread shows, that Tynan is interested in new players: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3082.0