Can we have another category in this forum?

Started by Sion, April 19, 2014, 03:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Can we have another category in this forum?
By category I mean for example: Genaral Discussion, Suggestion & mods...
I would like something like "Tips and tricks" where posts like this relay should go:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3169.msg29834;topicseen#msg29834
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

ITypedThis

I definitely agree with you on this.

I myself have created something similar to the reference, but I'm sure that there are tons more little things like that that would be quite helpful to know and share.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

keylocke

ditto.

apart from survival, the other half of the game involves combat strategies..  so yea, agreed.

Sion

Quote from: Tynan on April 19, 2014, 11:58:07 PM
So a "Strategy" subforum perhaps?

I was debating with myself about what would would be best: Tactic or Strategy.
Then I saw the definition on Wikipedia:

Swedish (original): En vanlig definition som belyser skillnaden mellan strategi och taktik �r "strategi �r konsten att vinna ett krig, taktik �r konsten att vinna ett slag".
English (my translation): A common definition that highlights the difference between strategy and tactic is "Strategy is the art of winning a war, tactic is the art of winning a battle"

So I think yes strategy is a good name.

longbyte1

"Strategy" sounds good, but I personally think it should sound broader, like "Guides" or "How-to and Tutorials".

renwold

RimWorld Let's Play Collection
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)

Sion

Quote from: Sion on April 20, 2014, 04:39:43 PM
...English (my translation): A common definition that highlights the difference between strategy and tactic is "Strategy is the art of winning a war, tactic is the art of winning a battle"...
Quote from: longbyte1 on April 20, 2014, 04:46:44 PM
"Strategy" sounds good, but I personally think it should sound broader, like "Guides" or "How-to and Tutorials".
Quote from: renwold on April 20, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Or the ever-popular "Tips and Tricks"

I'll just brainstorm a little here:

Extracting words from comments:

Tactic
Strategy
Guides
How-to
Tutorials
Tips and Tricks

Some combinations of the words above yields:

* Tactical Tips and Tricks?   <--- I like this one
* Strategic How-To Guides and Tutorials?
* Tricky Tactics and Tipsy Tutorials?  ;D :P
* Guiding How-To Tutorials and Tricky Tactical Strategic Tips?  (uses every word)

keylocke

strategies and tactics often goes hand-in-hand with each other (strategies often involve logistics, killzone layout, recruitment screening, back-up plans, etc.. while tactics usually involve choosing the right equipment for the situation, character placement, knowing when to retreat and when to hold your ground, etc.)

so yea, reiterating what others said.. strategy involves the preps you do to win all of the upcoming battles, while tactics involve the on-the-spot thinking of how to win a single fight with what you currently have.

the addition of factions on alpha3, means the colony is often at war against 1-2 hostile factions. while the other non-hostile factions can be bribed into neutrality. nevertheless, "war" is expected especially for the tougher storyteller AIs.

Quote from: renwold on April 20, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Or the ever-popular "Tips and Tricks"

yea, simple is better.

plus it can also involve survival tips (for the phoebians) completely unrelated to fighting.  ;D

Celthric Aysen

Sorry if this is an old post but, i also want another category called
Media
with chilled boards called:
Art
Player Creations
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Bodog999

Quote from: Tynan on April 19, 2014, 11:58:07 PM
So a "Strategy" subforum perhaps?
yeah, that would be nice.