UNKNOWN WORLD (UW)

Started by jamieg, April 23, 2014, 01:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfirephoenix

Gee that looks soo nice! From stone age to Space age? Any plans for further techs in that matter? Because even the Space age isn't the maximum of stuff you can achieve. Space age Tech is more like this: Do the best you can with the given, then manipulation and transforming. Examples: We are slowly getting into space and will establish bases on the Moon and Mars, but we will be confined to our small bases and/or Suits with the conditions we need (O2, pressure etc.), this is the phase where we will start to use what is given to us and change the environment to our needs on a small scale. Later we will start to Terraform, visit other planets (wich of them happens earlier remains to be seen) and change Flora, Fauna and even ourself to be able to colonise more and more areas in space. (Genetic manipulation to increase Radiation/Heat/Cold-immunity, change our structure, change breathable Gases etc.)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3199.0 Here are some ideas by me, but mostly more High end stuff and I have no problems of others using them, just ask/inform me beforehand. You can ask me questions if you need more ideas and/or help with yours! ;)

jamieg

some really good ideas but i think it would be easier to make a new game than to make a mod with some of the more complex ideas :p
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: jamieg on April 26, 2014, 01:38:57 PM
some really good ideas but i think it would be easier to make a new game than to make a mod with some of the more complex ideas :p
You can implement far more stuff into games than you think, if you know how, but yes some ideas would require some improvements/changes to the main game. And besides I haven't found anyone who wanted to make an game with my ideas yet, I fear it would go into the direction of Aurora, but hopefully with an easier access to the game for new players. :P ;)

jamieg

Well keep throwing ideas at us by all means :) it helps to keep the mental rhythm flowing ;) and gets us to the release quicker, which I cannot wait for, especially now we have a quest log as such implemented check out the new pic.
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

jamieg

NEW PICTURE UP :) hope you guys like what you see!

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: jamieg on April 26, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
I like the Picture and the contained "story". So to conclude: You have crashlanded (who knew?! :) ), the area is relatively save, you can get food even from those alien-plants and you have Nano-construction paste. ... Maybe make the Nano-Construction paste an limited resource until you have means to make it yourself and you have to work with more "low-tech" stuff untill you get that far in the Techtree.
Is my idea untill now correct?  :)

jamieg

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 26, 2014, 06:41:59 PM
Quote from: jamieg on April 26, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
I like the Picture and the contained "story". So to conclude: You have crashlanded (who knew?! :) ), the area is relatively save, you can get food even from those alien-plants and you have Nano-construction paste. ... Maybe make the Nano-Construction paste an limited resource until you have means to make it yourself and you have to work with more "low-tech" stuff untill you get that far in the Techtree.
Is my idea untill now correct?  :)

All i will reveal is that you basically cannot build anything at the beggining and the nano gel is at limited supply and also emergency rations and should be used wisely, you can only research 1 thing at the start but that sprouts to 3 more and so on and yes you basically start just before the stone age (sort of like rise of nations) and work your way through, the quest log is continuous throughout the whole game, so you will have a great (reading) adventure to go along side everything.

Evul

jamieg

jamieg

Updated news for those who are wondering how we are coming along :)

Viceroy

Is it possible to spawn automated "turrets" into the map along with generation? It could be awesome if you made like electrically charged fungal shoots that attack colonists until you remove them or avoid them? Nothing massively dangerous, just a slight area-denial and to add to the hostile and alien atmosphere of the world.

Also, what is the planet called or designated as?

Aaaand regarding the edibility of the food and plants on the planet, because you did not evolve for the climate or the specific proteins found within this world, it is incredibly likely that you would have an allergic reaction to almost everything, including the very air you breathe because of what is floating in it. I would suggest taking a pro-active stance on this and including some kind of nano-medical treatment (like nano bots in the circulatory system.) to increase survivability. If possible it could even be that every colonist loses health at a very slow rate unless they are "innoculated" or whatever you wish to call the treatment. For flavour it might even be named after a scientist or the whole process can be called something like (Rapid Artificial Nanobot Acclimitization) or R.A.N.A. for instance. Also the potato power is a bit cheesy, although I have had many arguements against potato power on the Project Zomboid forums sooo... I am biased lol.

As always this mod captures my attention and I look forward to seeing the next update on development.

Kind Regards
-Vic
Dog goes moo!

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Viceroy on May 03, 2014, 08:03:52 AM
Aaaand regarding the edibility of the food and plants on the planet, because you did not evolve for the climate or the specific proteins found within this world, it is incredibly likely that you would have an allergic reaction to almost everything, including the very air you breathe because of what is floating in it. I would suggest taking a pro-active stance on this and including some kind of nano-medical treatment (like nano bots in the circulatory system.) to increase survivability. If possible it could even be that every colonist loses health at a very slow rate unless they are "innoculated" or whatever you wish to call the treatment. For flavour it might even be named after a scientist or the whole process can be called something like (Rapid Artificial Nanobot Acclimitization) or R.A.N.A. for instance. Also the potato power is a bit cheesy, although I have had many arguements against potato power on the Project Zomboid forums sooo... I am biased lol.
This! Maybe it is even an planet without breathable atmosphere? That would make things REALLY fun. The newest post in my thread has some ideas about it: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3199.0

Imagine an mostly Methane / Carbondioxide or so atmosphere and plants wich are based on these gases, wich would result in  some problems (nausea, [weak] poisoning etc.) and as mentioned above it would take some research to counter it, or an special machine wich prepeares the food for Humans to eat.

jamieg

To both the new replys, we have though about both the ideas of some danger on the planet and needing airlocks into your base ect but atm Unknown World is very early so nothing is definet.... I have messaged 2 you-tubers with a demo of this mod and 1 has DL it already, so now to wait for the sneak peak showcase and you can see how the start of Unknown World has come along, were about 5% complete :) and as for the name of the planet.... ITS UNKNOWN LOOL ;)

zelldot

Hello everyone, as I'm taking a day or two break, I have come to the forum post to see all the nice ideas.
Vicory: I love the plants being able to attack idea, I might have to look into that one and you don't have to worry about the potato power thing all you can make with potatoes is a nano potato lamp, which is a very weak light, mainly for just surviving.

TimMartland

As has been mentioned, it would be awesome if the planets atmosphere was infact poisonous. Your colonists might have rebreathers, but having to use them would make them very unhappy and there would be a chance they could fail if they were damaged, resulting in pain, despair and death. You could use atmosphere generators to make the air breathable within areas, but to work the area would have to be sealed completely and if the seal was broken the gas would escape. This would result in some cool airlocks where the gas escapes and is refilled to protect the larger indoor areas of the base.

Maybe you could add prefab walls too? Like a wall that is super-flimsy but can be made really cheaply from a material called 'Prefabricated panels' found in the wreck or bought from traders
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman