[1.0] Don't Shave Your Head! - v1.0.0

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, November 03, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

I did not rename anything, just copied one's hairs into the other's hairs and it just works

Tenshi~Akari

When I mention the renaming, I'm talking about the texture file names in the subfolders where the edited hairs go in. ("UpperHead" & "FullHead" in order for the mod to draw those hairs specifically when headgear items tagged accordingly are equipped.)

I'm beginning to think it might have to do with Harmony references... I have the most recent available version of Harmony enabled on my modlist now (July 31st 2020 update), so that might be my problem? I don't know if DSYH references the old version still or not, but I'm realizing now that's really one of the main things that has changed in even my "barebones" setup test...

Naiyasfury

@gaberad, You can go ahead and add my updates into the main download file.

I've updated a few textures I found problems with. I have also included compatibility for the Vanilla Hair Expanded mod. I've included a preview pic with hairs from VHE so you can see what they look like. Let me know if anything is weird. You can always add the files manually yourself. Here's the new link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4Q-R5LrvrKjl9hnthrsLOFAgUj

@gaberad, I'm also getting an error w/ the newest update ( https://pastebin.com/mSnXWyX3 ) . It seems the game doesn't like one of the characters used in the LoadFolders.xml file. I'm not sure if I can ignore this or not. I compared the file to some of my other mods' loadfolders.xml files and in yours I removed the stuff that looked like it was commented. For example I removed the <<<<<<HEAD line, and now I've got no error and the mod seems to work just fine. Hopefully I didn't break my save game XD

~Sorry for the late reply I have a lot going on irl lol

gaberad

I just checked and those "<<<<HEAD" lines are git merge markings, something must have messed up when I merged last time. I'll look through and clean up the files. It shouldn't screw anything up with your save file.

I'll look into the other issues from "recent" posts. I'll update everything (harmony etc) and see if it's still working on my end.

I might actually see if Kiame wants to try and merge this into their 'Show Hair with Hats' mod. Like I mentioned last time, I'm not really playing rimworld anymore, so it might be better if someone more active looks after this mod.

gaberad

@Naiyasfury
Ah ok I see what happened. There was a git merge issue last time, and I uploaded a fixed file, but didn't create a new release. So the release you downloaded was still referencing the old file, and why you had the corrupted LoadFolders.xml file.

That won't effect your save file. All the LoadFolders.xml file does is tell the mod where to look for certain files. So yeah, what you did by deleting the <<<HEAD line was the correct fix.

Naiyasfury

gaberad

I've uploaded a new version: 1.2.1 https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/releases/latest

This includes Naiyasfury's textures (thanks!), and I decided I'd make some minor changes to the code while I was at it.

It worked as expected in my limited testing, but as always let me know if you run into any issues.

Just a reminder to check the mod settings and make sure that Use Fallback Texture is turned on. Otherwise, if the hair doesn't have a custom texture, that hair style will just default back to how rimworld normally works.

Madame Hardy

The first post still links to the old github repository, NoImageAvailable/DontShaveYourHead .  Similarly, the Nexusmods link is to the first release.  Is it possible for you to change the github link to https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/releases , so that it always shows the latest release first?

Thank you, and thank you for the mod.

Flimflamshabam

This update doesn't seem to be working for me, I go into Prepare carefully and give a pawn a hat and cycle through all the hairs and they're still bald.
Quote from: gaberad on January 17, 2021, 03:24:55 AM
I've uploaded a new version: 1.2.1 https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/releases/latest

This includes Naiyasfury's textures (thanks!), and I decided I'd make some minor changes to the code while I was at it.

It worked as expected in my limited testing, but as always let me know if you run into any issues.

Just a reminder to check the mod settings and make sure that Use Fallback Texture is turned on. Otherwise, if the hair doesn't have a custom texture, that hair style will just default back to how rimworld normally works.

Nvm just found the settings thing, sorry.  :o

BerserkOlaf

I like this mod very much. It's an elegant solution, and unlike Show Hair With Hats, it's working well even with mods that rescale pawns (so children mods, for example).

I have a question though. Let's say I'd want to try making new replacement textures for a hair mod that is not supported yet. Is there a template that I can use with the right bounds for all the textures, so I am sure they align with hats and look about right? Should I just use one of the base game head texture as a guide? (like the [gender]_average_normal_ ones?)

Kiborgs

Sadly, all hats that covers any of Combat Extended head's layers are invisible with this mod. Even if hat cover both the vanilla layer (outer) + CE additional head layer (like middle head or strapped) hat still does not render on pawn.  Though, headgear that only cover outer works fine.

qux

Hi ! there is an 1.3 version please ?

Kiame

Quote from: BerserkOlaf on April 19, 2021, 04:09:17 AM
I like this mod very much. It's an elegant solution, and unlike Show Hair With Hats, it's working well even with mods that rescale pawns (so children mods, for example).

I have a question though. Let's say I'd want to try making new replacement textures for a hair mod that is not supported yet. Is there a template that I can use with the right bounds for all the textures, so I am sure they align with hats and look about right? Should I just use one of the base game head texture as a guide? (like the [gender]_average_normal_ ones?)

Show hair does correctly scale and has for a while (year+). I'll verify that children still work.

ultra4