[A17][WIP] Industrial Revolution - v0.0.7 (September 2nd)

Started by Inverness, June 02, 2017, 08:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daman2501

Aight, found a a way to get Prepare carefully to work with it. The problem arise when i use the Base MOD, the button doesn`t seems to appear, then i tested with only the Base Mod and the incopatibility/corrupt message appeared in my screen, so then i wrote the message you replied, but later an idea came to me, "lets try only the weapons MODS without the Base MOD" and it worked now the thing that kills me is that i don`t get te cloths nor the furniture (which is less of an annoyance since i use the industrial times MOD from Jecrel)  so that would be the problem

PD: do you plan to do a 19th century/ early 20th century factions only? i think it would be a great idea and as far as i know its only eliminating the files of the vanilla ones and putting yours (i think only a few errors will appear that says something like "tribal/outsider factions not encountered and thats it" (as explained by the creator of the tribal planet MOD)
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Inverness

Quote from: daman2501 on June 06, 2017, 04:22:43 PM
Aight, found a a way to get Prepare carefully to work with it. The problem arise when i use the Base MOD, the button doesn`t seems to appear, then i tested with only the Base Mod and the incopatibility/corrupt message appeared in my screen

PD: do you plan to do a 19th century/ early 20th century factions only?

Thanks for the information, I was able to discover some code in the base that was causing issues and fixed it. In regards to Prepare Carefully, I've found you must load it under my mods or it won't function.

I had a plan to create new factions, likely with their own weapons and pawns much like Rimsenal, except the theme would be more old-worldy. This will take time as I have to make lots of sparkly brand new textures.

daman2501

Great, thanks for the information, will start testing, really Hope your MOD reach Rimsenal Level of recognition since this has the material and the look it will be a great MOD, cannot wait for full release :3
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

daman2501

Hi again, i come from testing and i find the Flintlock Pistol very underpowered. Since a flintlock pistol is a musket with MUCH less range (but for balancing reasons off course it won`t be a 40 like the musket) maybe cut in half. make it to be 20 damage (25 if you see it possible) another thing is that the Great war rifles are really underpowered as well, all of them IMO should be between 15 and 20 except for the C96. The Maxim should shoot 8 shots instead of 10 (kinda overkill in my opinion). those are some of the things i found to be un-balanced.
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

daman2501

oh, and the revolver rifle should get its damage buffed up a lil bit, and i forgot to tell, but the Maxim seems to have too much range.
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Inverness

Thank you for the feedback, I haven't really had a chance to playtest my mod, so having someone to identify possible imbalances is great. I will upload a new version with some balance tweaks. Let me know what you think.

koaniil

Quote from: Inverness on June 07, 2017, 04:03:08 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I haven't really had a chance to playtest my mod, so having someone to identify possible imbalances is great. I will upload a new version with some balance tweaks. Let me know what you think.
Fix not helped with Prepeare Carefully.

IHateRegistering

There's still vanilla replacements found inside your mod. For example, the faction_misc.xml lists the vanilla outlander, tribal and pirate factions. This will increase incompability for no reason because this mod will overwrite any changes made by another mod.

It's the same with the GreatWar_Weapons_Guns def - you have a lot of stuff that seems copypasted from Rimworld's core folder, which will also do the same as mentioned above. It will overwrite any changes made by another mod for no reason. Also you don't need to include the Vanya_Headgear.dll because this will cause issues for people already using that mod.

Inverness

Thanks for the feedback! Will release an update that fixes these issues soon.

Source

Loading data... 》」►〉┊〔】
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Translating data...D8ODN5E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Done...

Only left a Steampunk Theme battle and it's the best historical old mod that i fought.

New data installed, closing database...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Soupy Delicious

I gaped at how beautiful the artwork is.  Nice, man

Xnope

Wow! Love the art so much. It seems like it aligns perfectly with the idea of my mod. I might want to make a texture patch in the future to mesh better with your mod :) (with your permission of course)
My W.I.P. mods:
Carnivale: GitHub | Forum Post
XnopeCore: GitHub

Inverness

Update
-8/09/2017 (v0.0.5) - Fixes, tweaks, and balancing. New locomotion pack which adds a functional airship and biplane. New weapons: Truncheon, Arc Rifle. New apparel.
Should now have no issues with Prepare Carefully.

Sorry it took so long folks!

SpaceDorf

Awesome .. the Zeppelin was something I wished for in general :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.