A18

Started by RimworldOx, June 03, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrshilka

Well, notably v17 brought us the bowler hat. What could possibly top that?
[/quote]

A Top Hat?;)

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

lllMWNlll

New objectives to "end the game" - not only get off the planet. Like is the worst planet you could be.
* Like reach a certain milestone consolidating your place in that world.
* Destroying all enemy pirates bases, bringing peace to the world.
You know things like this.

Stelios Stamatis

Dream: RimWorld, but it's Sid Mier's civilization+Rimworld+FPS (Controlling the pawns in a first person view and making them shoot, which i'm 99% sure is right next to impossible, but one can dream, right?) Rimworld, with borders, expansions, vehicles, mad-max-style vehicles and tons of optimization (All of these are right next to impossible...)
Realism:
Minor optimization, new disease system, crates for storing items outside, iceboxes and a bit of expansion for the tribe start.

Bolgfred

no more nececcarity for killboxes.

lesser ressources and dynamic animal spawn on the map, so travelling for collecting ressources gets more relevant.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

lllMWNlll

A better in-game interface would be good.

FrodoOf9Fingers

Multi-Threading/optimizations, particularly for pathfinding (quick fix would be good for wandering, make it use a simple random direction + 1 movement rather than a call to pathfinding. Animals bring a lot of lag into the game).

Manned Turrets, Better melee combat, world road building, mountain tunnel building (That acts like a road, but removes the mountain terrain penalty), much better rewards from traveling and trading. Better stay-game content, in essence, IE once optimizations are finished adding more for those of us who work towards conquering the world rather than flying away like sissys :P.

MUCH more granularity into the work tab, maybe enabled by option. I'm talking that each bench type should be potentially given a work type, allowing me to really coordinate work. A fifth priority number would be nice.

General automation of certain user tasks, such as making colonists not get in the way of a fire fight. Maybe a "no-combatant zone" that is temporary that I can place.

Better time restriction controlling as well. For instance, I'd like to see a "meal time" time slot. Allow 2 types of time restriction: Interrupt current task for time restriction and 2 "Suggest" activity time restriction (which does not interupt, so a person will finish thier joy activity for another hour before going to bed).

Finally, prisoners using joy objects, and factoring defensive options/times failed to escape into their escape eagerness (It'd be nice to see a large prison instead of having to separate prisoners out).

Dannyrulx

Implementing something like the Psychology mod, and overhauling the bollocks relationship system.

Bakar

Adding psychology mod would make the game a lot better and it fits with the theme
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Vlad0mi3r

How about not going and "relaxing socially" at the table inside the enemy base when conducting an attack.

Had two of my team wander off to the base to sit down and have a chat. Obviously the raiders thought this was not a good idea.

Table was in a hidden area as well. Sigh.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

MajorMonotone

Quote from: Bozobub on July 11, 2017, 04:13:48 PM
Quote from: hiepbg on July 11, 2017, 03:19:54 PM
Tank or any armored vehicle with big gun for raid is great idea to destroy every killboxes at the late game. Defense will be more harder. Like the modern warfare, both raiders and tanks will come together, provide protect for the other. There is Only big mortar/mine/ or anti-tank missile can stop them at the gate.

And we can have some tank battle, 1vs 1 or 1 vs2 when our colonists can "crafting" a tank, or take it from the raiders.
I am not a dev, but I can pretty confidently assure you that's never going to happen, outside of one or more mod(s).
I don't see why not, what the game needs in its end game is more interesting and harder to kill enemies that can work alongside your typical raider. I can see some form of makeshift tank working pretty well, it'd require certain tactics or weaponry to stop it and it would pose a significant threat when backed up by supporting infantry.

corestandeven

I'd be happy with small changes and improvements to the gameplay for A18. There are a large number of frustrating gameplay mechanics that either slow up the gameplay or not make the experience fun. For instance:

Pawns who are sowing areas will sometimes move between fields to sow other crops elsewhere rather than focus just on the one field they were on. Also true for plant pots. e.g. Pawn goes in a room with 2 empty plant pots, sows one and then runs across to other side of base to sow another empty one before returning to the first room to sow the second. Just a waste of time.
I have a field of crops that need harvesting early, as it is now winter. That is the priority. So you click 'prioritize harvest' and a pawn just harvests one plant, then tries to move away to sow in my greenhouse half way across the base. You end up micromanaging by having to click each and every time to harvest the area I want. If I have told a pawn to prioritize something I kind of expect them to do that area. Introducing a 'prioritize area' option would solve this.
Like above, pawns often leave jobs when you tell them to prioritize. For example I want a sniper rifle, which takes pawns ages to make, I get my best crafter on the job and less that 100 work time into the build he has left to do something else. If you click prioritize it should be what you said. Micromanagement by baby sitting pawns to do what you tell them is not fun. Oddly this works for cooking/butchering, where pawns will do the task until they collapse or starve, but crafting doesn't seem to follow the same mechanic.
On the subject of micromanagement, deconstructing floors is frustrating. Unless there are absolutely no other construction tasks present if you ask a pawn to deconstruct a floor they will just do one section and walk away. Again if you could prioritize a pawn to deconstruct an area that would be good.
Pawns who can haul harvesting crops and leaving them there. Food producers should both sow and return the crops to a stockpile IMO, just as hunters bring back their kill.
Breakdowns of pawns are still too punishing IMO, even with the catharsis effect. They occurs way too often when it comes to traveling, and actually it puts you off traveling if you know one or two pawns will break when they arrive, especially just before arriving to the mission to attack an outpost/base.
On that subject it is not fun or a great gameplay mechanic to have pawn mentally break when on a mission and is it often stupid (e.g. just attacked and destroyed an enemy base, that is why we went there, and pawns break because they are in a 'ugly environment' or they 'saw a corpse', duh). Will post more on one recent attack separately to highlight how frustrating and dumb this is.
Limbs come off far too frequently in battles. Every raid seems to result in one pawn having there limbs fly off. Unless you have the bionic parts mod where you can at least do something for injured pawns it is just crippling and slows the game further. Yes limbs should fly off in battle, but the frequency needs looking at.
Caravan food consumption is just insane and again puts me off traveling. Also I have found I leave with well over what I need for the trip and back, but on the return trip you suddenly don't have enough. Yes I appreciate the weather/season does change, but there is no way you can prepare for this. Now I'm sure you'll say the solution is to hunt or pick berries at the location, but given simple meals and berries last almost zero days traveling it isn't possible.  The MRE mod helps a little, but I think vanilla should look into and resolve the matter.
To address the changing travel time estimates can we not have a figure for best possible speed (i.e. during summer) and worst estimated time (i.e. assuming winter and snow)? You can then play caravans better.   
What is the point of attacking enemy bases? Outposts you get a reward, but bases seem to have zero value or reward. In my recent attack of a pirate base I got a few crap weapons, some new clothes to sell and some meds. I had two pawns with arms shot off in the attached, they all have diseases because of their wounds, and two have mentally broken by not having any joy. War, what is it good for? In this game absolutely nothing.

I'd also be very happy with little to minor new improvements for A18, which I'm sure devs can add quickly:

New mechanoids that players can make. Basic ones can haul, advanced ones can fight.
Wheelbarrows – I know they have been suggested to death but they would help reduce some of the monotonous game play allowing players to concentrate on more interesting things.
Bridges to cross rivers
A one click 'sell-all deadman's apparel' button in the trade screen.
A scanner than can scan rock formations. You can scan under the ground, and scan kilometres away, but seems mad that the only way to find resources locally in rock formations is to just randomly dig? Should be a late game tech.
Prisoners in enemy bases that you can free, ask to join, or steal for yourself.

Misquoth

Kinda a new player, just started with A17. Here's a list of things I think would be cool. Yes, I know some are probably impractical.

- Power generation from water (dams / water mills)
- Fishing
- More developed multi-settlements (just stuffed in right now)
- Kids!
- Embrasure / crenelle (those things in castles where they shoot arrows through. Can't walk through, but can shoot through.
- Walk to the next cell via edge of map

That's all I got for now...

Serenity

Misquoth

agree. Also: putting lights and other small crafted things / decorations on tables / shelves.