[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Liandri Corp 1.3 - (Unofficial A4 Update on Pg 6)

Started by Austupaio, April 26, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiritedCanine

Quote from: Austupaio on May 24, 2014, 11:17:59 PM
:D Feasibly, I don't play it a ton though so I'm not overly familiar with most of the firearms. Did you have anything specific you wanted?
An assault rifle, I think it's called Kraken (I haven't played it in awhile) and a machine-pistol, Dex Furis
[Edit]The assault rifle is called Karak, Kraken is a heavy pistol
If anything you NEED to add the Cernos. I stress this cause there's alot of guns being added by other mods but I haven't seen a bow added yet.  ( IDK how to post images )
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

SSS

Quote from: Austupaio on May 26, 2014, 01:34:48 AM
Double-post.

Not specifically related to Liandri, it'll be a separate mod; I just wanted to preview it, maybe get opinions.
If it's not obvious, it'll simply be a mod to update the vanilla weapons a bit. I know an old mod did it once but I was unable to find it and IIRC, it didn't quite work properly.

Looks cool to me. My vanilla weapons look so dull now. Lol.

Would you just be updating the textures, or would you be editing their stats too?

mrofa

They look very nice exept the energy and fire weapon.

Btw do Liandri crop works without ship trader ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Austupaio

Quote from: SpiritedCanine on May 26, 2014, 02:59:10 PM
An assault rifle, I think it's called Kraken (I haven't played it in awhile) and a machine-pistol, Dex Furis
[Edit]The assault rifle is called Karak, Kraken is a heavy pistol
If anything you NEED to add the Cernos. I stress this cause there's alot of guns being added by other mods but I haven't seen a bow added yet.  ( IDK how to post images )
Hm, I'll look into those specific suggestions. Something that's problematic though, is that I can't access the items to get a good look at them for graphics, or how they work for stats.

The bows are a good suggestion, seeing as the only only native bows are the ancient ones.

QuoteWould you just be updating the textures, or would you be editing their stats too?
Uncertain right now, I believe that I'd only be making two changes. The L-15 LMG in the game is... not much of a LMG. It's just a semi-crappy M16, so I think I'll be buffing it. Also, I didn't realize until after I sprited the MP9 for the SMG that there is, in fact, no SMG in game. So I'll be adding that in as a slightly modified Uzi. All other weapons will only have their name, description and graphic improved.

I'll be putting a thread up for the mod soon.

Quote from: mrofa on May 26, 2014, 11:34:41 PM
They look very nice exept the energy and fire weapon.

Btw do Liandri crop works without ship trader ?
Yeah, I'm not super happy with the R4 and T9 because I just wanted to touch them up without getting too creative, so that they stayed true to the originals.

The mod works perfectly without the trader, I'll probably even remove the trader since it conflicts with mods with their own traders and the Liandri trader isn't really unique in any way.

SSS

Quote from: Austupaio on May 27, 2014, 12:21:16 AM
The mod works perfectly without the trader, I'll probably even remove the trader since it conflicts with mods with their own traders and the Liandri trader isn't really unique in any way.

I haven't had any problems with using the Kompression mod, and it changes traders around. I tried forcing some traders after installing it and both worked properly.

However, (except when forced), slavers still don't tend to show up in the current savefile. No idea why.

Oh, and the improvised turrets use the LMG afaik. Won't editing that affect turret balance?

Austupaio

QuoteOh, and the improvised turrets use the LMG afaik. Won't editing that affect turret balance?
Not at all, the turret uses it's own proprietary weapon.

Also, I've noticed that the older versions of the mod are still getting semi-regularly downloads... anyone know why? ???

mrofa

Quote from: SSS on May 27, 2014, 02:07:27 AM

I haven't had any problems with using the Kompression mod, and it changes traders around. I tried forcing some traders after installing it and both worked properly.

However, (except when forced), slavers still don't tend to show up in the current savefile. No idea why.

This is dependable which mod load first, if its compression mod you will get liandri trader def, and if its other way around you will get compression trader def.

Dev incident buttons sometimes dont work, trader limit at once is 4 or 5 so you wont be able to summon more than that even with dev console.
Try to push it several times :D
All i do is clutter all around.

SSS

Quote from: mrofa on May 29, 2014, 02:22:03 PM
Quote from: SSS on May 27, 2014, 02:07:27 AM

This is dependable which mod load first, if its compression mod you will get liandri trader def, and if its other way around you will get compression trader def.

Dev incident buttons sometimes dont work, trader limit at once is 4 or 5 so you wont be able to summon more than that even with dev console.
Try to push it several times :D

The problem with no slave traders was there before I installed the Kompression mod. Install order doesn't seem to make a difference, as either way your traders show up, yet Liandri's don't (unless, of course, I force a slave trader to show up via dev console). I took a peek at the xmls and I don't see any reason for Liandri's trader to no-show, though. :/

And yes, I've had fun playing around in dev mode in the past. Maxing out the traders was one of the first things I did. xD

Goatlike

I love UT, especially UT2k4. I want this mod, but it work on alpha 4?
Sorry for my English.

Austupaio

Not sure if it works on Alpha 4, I'll be testing it out and updating it fairly soon.

benramit

I like the extra trader. also i like this mod very much, would love to have this for the new alpha.  Hook that shit up!! ;D
thanks in advance

Evul

Here is a list of some new things that have been changed:
- <interactSound> changed to <soundInteract>
- <purchasable> changed to <tradersCarry>
- <damageType> changed to <damageDef>
- New names on the existing sounds.

Austupaio

Oh, thanks, Evul. I'll change those right away and test what else needs to be reworked. :)

Evul

Quote from: Austupaio on June 05, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
Oh, thanks, Evul. I'll change those right away and test what else needs to be reworked. :)

There are some more but i don't remember them all ^^

Garen

Quote from: Austupaio on June 05, 2014, 10:07:27 AM
Not sure if it works on Alpha 4, I'll be testing it out and updating it fairly soon.

any news or teasers about the update?

will the planned Mil-bots be mid game mechanoids?