[A17/B18] Simple Slavery v0.5k (updated 2018/1/29)

Started by Thirite, June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinclair200

Hey great mod! thanks a bunch just have a question. I had a slave with a collar than removed it, somhow it does make my colonist add the color on him again... is it a one time thing and then he cant be slaved again?
thanks

Archadeas

Quote from: Sinclair200 on September 01, 2017, 12:04:22 PM
Hey great mod! thanks a bunch just have a question. I had a slave with a collar than removed it, somhow it does make my colonist add the color on him again... is it a one time thing and then he cant be slaved again?
thanks
They must be stripped and reslaved, the issue is the slave collar being easy to remove from other mods like Dubs Hygiene. There needs to be a more permanent method like a brand suggested earlier, otherwise this mod becomes useless/dangerous. Already had a raider slave(16 shooting), take a shower, break into the armory, steal a minigun, kill 2 babies and the doctor before my guards that were working outside the base could get back, one of which died from his wounds due to the doctor being a little headless... I use prison labor for most of my stuff now with slave labor as a much later option.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

MrWeeGee

Any plans on updating this to B18? Would love to continue using it on my next colony!

auamoti

Quote from: Archadeas on November 18, 2017, 12:30:39 AM

They must be stripped and reslaved, the issue is the slave collar being easy to remove from other mods like Dubs Hygiene. There needs to be a more permanent method like a brand suggested earlier, otherwise this mod becomes useless/dangerous. Already had a raider slave(16 shooting), take a shower, break into the armory, steal a minigun, kill 2 babies and the doctor before my guards that were working outside the base could get back, one of which died from his wounds due to the doctor being a little headless... I use prison labor for most of my stuff now with slave labor as a much later option.

Dubs hygiene does not remove clothing,  that function belongs to the unpopular hygiene mod.  Im confused by your need assessment regarding something other than collars,   why is the collar coming off?  Unless i strip a slave or command them to remove their own collar - how does this even happen.   Use dubs hygiene instead!

Tenshi~Akari

^^ What they're talking about is that stop-gap when pawns are washing... all apparel is indeed removed when they use the shower and bathtub of Dub's Bad Hygiene. (If you check their equipment/gear tab while they're bathing, everything disappears until they're finished. That's the time the issue of revolt triggers.)

RayRaytheBayBay

I love this mod and I want it for B18 so can you please do a man a favor I can't play with out this.

Papa Borov

Quote from: RayRaytheBayBay on December 02, 2017, 07:53:02 PM
I love this mod and I want it for B18 so can you please do a man a favor I can't play with out this.
They must be stripped and reslaved, the issue is the slave collar being easy to remove from other mods like Dubs Hygiene. There needs to be a more permanent method like a brand suggested earlier, otherwise this mod becomes useless/dangerous.
Hay, guys, look what i have for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcouptwm18vntm3/SimpleSlavery-master.zip?dl=0
This is my little patch for mod to work fine on B18. Also I solved some compatibility problems with Dubs Hygiene, too. This is work draft, so if you see any error, please, let me know. If there is any objections from side of author of original version - please, let me know and i will delete file from link and pass all sources with comments to you.

Thirite

I'm not going to complain about someone updating/fixing my mods haha. If you send me the source I can push the changes to the repository and add you as an author.

Papa Borov

Quote from: Thirite on December 13, 2017, 10:31:48 AM
I'm not going to complain about someone updating/fixing my mods haha. If you send me the source I can push the changes to the repository and add you as an author.
AFICR, the sources is in the archive.
There was some changes ingame made by me: emergency letter for escaping prisoner and avoiding of apparel removal with dub's bad hygiene mod. Thank you for this mod, it makes me available to play role of Soviet Union Military Commissar lurking around for fresh conscripts.) ;D   

AllenWL

Quote from: Papa Borov on December 13, 2017, 12:24:30 AM
Quote from: RayRaytheBayBay on December 02, 2017, 07:53:02 PM
They must be stripped and reslaved, the issue is the slave collar being easy to remove from other mods like Dubs Hygiene. There needs to be a more permanent method like a brand suggested earlier, otherwise this mod becomes useless/dangerous.
Hay, guys, look what i have for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcouptwm18vntm3/SimpleSlavery-master.zip?dl=0
This is my little patch for mod to work fine on B18. Also I solved some compatibility problems with Dubs Hygiene, too. This is work draft, so if you see any error, please, let me know. If there is any objections from side of author of original version - please, let me know and i will delete file from link and pass all sources with comments to you.

When I use this, everything works fine, except the 'enslave' option in the prisoners tab doesn't have any text. It's still there, and you can still enslave prisoners, it just doesn't have any text.

auamoti

enslaving a prisoner gave my game the lags had to roll back to a save point.  other people enslaving and still have a smooth running game?

Feindflug

Is there already a compatible version for B18? The version Papaborov provided is for A17 and not compatible with B18. Mod concept sounds pretty interesting though.

Thirite

I'll probably get around to updating it after C&P is in a stable state for B18.

Feindflug

Quote from: Thirite on December 21, 2017, 02:22:46 AM
I'll probably get around to updating it after C&P is in a stable state for B18.

Ah cool! Take your time. C&P is a lovely mod. Looking foward to give this mod a try when C&P is ready.

IValerian

Definitely itching for a B18 update to this mod.