[A17/B18] Simple Slavery v0.5k (updated 2018/1/29)

Started by Thirite, June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolty

Another excellent mod from you Thirite. Love this!

Grillbye

Yes, however, his GitHub got deleted or he deleted it, so we cannot download it anymore..
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Lucky_D20

I have a copy of it with the shackle.png I haven't actually used this mod because I use prison labor and 150+ mods. But I have been thinking about using both. But I'm still on the fence.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Grillbye

@Lucky_D20 ,In your signature  there's a SimpleSlavery for B18 but it's marked as unstable in the title. Still, can I hope to be able to use it until Thirite finally decides to bring his mods back on any other downloading plateform ?

ptx

Quote from: Grillbye on June 13, 2018, 07:59:01 AM
@Lucky_D20 ,In your signature  there's a SimpleSlavery for B18 but it's marked as unstable in the title. Still, can I hope to be able to use it until Thirite finally decides to bring his mods back on any other downloading plateform ?

v0.5k is quite stable, even though it is written as unstable. I haven't had any problems with it, except for that one NSFW mod. If you don't use that exiled mod, v0.5k should be fine.

Grillbye

Yep, got it and installed it on my very only save file since Rimworld's update and tested it with devMode. It works fine but there's one thing I don't' understand : Why do we need to make another room for the slaves ? Can't they stay in the cells ? Because I feed my prisoners with nutrient paste meal by not giving them any food - it means my wardens doesn't feed them, the prisoners feed themselves- and that would bother me if the slaves would stop feeding on the nutrient paste meals because then, it would use too much food.

ptx

Quote from: Grillbye on June 13, 2018, 12:06:11 PM
Yep, got it and installed it on my very only save file since Rimworld's update and tested it with devMode. It works fine but there's one thing I don't' understand : Why do we need to make another room for the slaves ? Can't they stay in the cells ? Because I feed my prisoners with nutrient paste meal by not giving them any food - it means my wardens doesn't feed them, the prisoners feed themselves- and that would bother me if the slaves would stop feeding on the nutrient paste meals because then, it would use too much food.

If you want in prison workforce, use Avius' Prison Labor.
If it's just nutrient paste problem, use WM Smarter Food Selection or PawnMenu.

Grillbye

I used PawnMenu and fell against a rare glitch that the creator has supposedly fixed, I don't even know if I need to reinstall it now. But it kind of work I suppose.. XD

waris

Grillbye

Quote from: waris on June 16, 2018, 06:15:20 AM
The link of download doesn't works

No it doesn't, because Thirite deleted his GitHub account. I saw in the comments on this post, in a signature, a link to another Slavery Mod Version, marked as unstable but it works fine for me. It's easy to find. ^^

Thirite

Makani

Come across this while searching for an old pirate mod. Neat idea... but I noticed some bugs that while they can be worked around, are a bit troublesome still. 2nd bug is only apparently because of the first.

This is on B18 using SimpleSlavery-B18_unstable.zip install (v0.5k).

1. Sometimes a warden will do the enslave action, but the pawn will still just sit in prison doing nothing. Prisoner tab is no longer present. Waiting even for several days, they still do nothing. Work around: Emancipate and then re-enslave, and it works.
2. If the above happens and you have more than 1 collar... the warden will repeat the enslave action over and over, spamming you with notification messages about how the target can now be put to work. But the above condition remains in effect, with the target pawn pseudo-paralyzed. Work around: Set other collars as forbidden, emancipate target, then re-enslave.

Without seeing the code, it seems like both of these might come from some status not being set correct until you free them and redo it.

Also some suggestions...
3. could a pawn making a break for it have a notification letter? Similar to a prison break notification from vanilla.
4. Break risks, particularly major+ don't seem to mean much of anything? Not sure if this is intentional. Perhaps they could at least refuse to work, or maybe backwards progress on their way to stockholm syndrome, or something.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Thirite on June 15, 2017, 05:57:52 PM
Quote from: Rimrue on June 15, 2017, 03:29:02 PM
Ah, okay, thanks. And you can buy and sell slaves as usual? Is there a mood debuff for the colony? Is it the same as selling a prisoner?

Ah, that is part of why this is in the unfinished section. ^^, For now purchasing/selling slaves hasn't been modified to work with this system. I also need to add tutorial lessons to explain in game how to enslave/emancipate- as it's not exactly obvious.
is this still the case? One thing I never liked about this game is that the mood debuff affects all colonists. Even ones living in separate settlements half a world away

Ruisuki

How is this compared to prison labor? Do they work well together or would it be too redundant running both? Seems like they do the same thing except...you control the slaves, or do they work like animals do similar to what the author of GOT slavery mod did?

Rocket_Raccoon

Got some errors aswell.
When i am clicking on the colonist bar and selecting the slave, the game throws me an error:
,,could not load Unity engine Texture 2D at UI/commands/shackle in any active mod or in base resources"
This stops immmediatly when i am selecting a regular colonist. However, it does not seem to affect the game at all. Slave continues to do his work etc