Absurd traits and dumb limitations

Started by GUTB, June 19, 2017, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatley

Quote from: wimpb on June 22, 2017, 02:58:06 AM
Quote from: dburgdorf on June 21, 2017, 12:42:29 AM
Quote from: 1FSTCAT on June 20, 2017, 08:29:40 AM
Maybe instead of disabling skills all together, they could get mood penalties for doing things they don't want to do?

Pawns Are Capable! by RimRue replaces "incapable of" restrictions with a set of traits that provide work speed and/or mood penalties when pawns are stuck doing tasks they don't like.

I think one of the easiest ways to make a soft penalty is to make an opposite of the Interest/Passion for skills. Disinterested/Hating a task gives a mood malus and penalty to learning, the exact opposite of a passionate pawn.

Isn't it already only 33% learning for anyone without passion? I've always interpreted this as disinterest. A malus value to learning would make it almost impossible to improve at all.

Stormfox

Quote from: Tynan on June 19, 2017, 11:51:04 PM
I'm adjusting some of the work disable proportions for next update.

Thanks. The concept was never the problem, the amount of them was.

Topper

Pawns are humans? from a distant future..you cant apply current values and motivations to them. These restrictions enhance the story and you are free to completely remove certain traits with the scenario editor. I usually increase the the possibility of a pyro because forest fires are cool. 

BetaSpectre

I agree the proportions were the issue. Instead of 25% of people being unable to lift a stick IRL it's more like 10%

And these people even when they hate it will do it to save their lives 99.9% of the time.

Maybe a new stat buff could come into play if starving or bleeding moderate + where a pawn is now unrestricted in all regards.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO