21 (91.3%)
Neutral
2 (8.7%)
Nay
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

JadedApprentince

Mod Description:
A simple mod designed to add onto Combat Extended with the addition of new emplaced cannons. This adds a 50mm, 75mm, and 105mm cannon to the security tab that are similar to the stock 90mm cannons with their own uses. 50mm cannons have access to APHE, HE, and APCR shells, just like the 75mm cannon, while the 105mm cannon has access to a powerful HE shell. Each cannon is different and even in late game they can still be useful to some degree.

Important Note(s):
Version 2.0 is being worked on, here's the full list of changes and planning if you haven't seen it already:
(7/18/17) - Ammunition has been completed, next will be weaponry, then any other defs, and finally any remaining art/graphical/audio stuff.

(7/19/17) - Coding work has been finished, all that's left to do is all the graphical and audio items, which should take some time, but it should be ready within a week or less.

(7/20/17) - New audio for each cannon has been recorded, put together, and finished. I recorded them from the same caliber guns, so they should sound relatively realistic. All that is left to do is some graphical textures and any beta work and everyone should be able to enjoy the overhauled version of CEA. As a secondary note, this may break saves due to some changes that remove certain items from the game, rename items, or otherwise change them in a way that alters the save game, so keep this in mind. I'll have an entire changelog of everything that's been done posted as the update goes live, so do be excited for v2.0.

Also in other news, I will be hosting a meeting a week or two for ANYONE after release who wishes to attend on the Rimworld Modding discord; the purpose being to discuss how the mod has been working, take suggestions, and other things that are related to this mod. Thanks especially to those few on this post that have been extremely helpful such as TA1980 and admiralKew and for your support.

(7/24/2017) Graphical items are still being worked on, and bug fixing is underway. No ETA for when this will be released, but if you want to see something in the mod, now would be a good time to suggest it.

(8/7/2017) Progress on the mod has slowed since summer is ending and school will be starting back up for many in the US. As such, development of this mod will be slowed or halted. However:

I plan to release version 2.0 with not only new content, but reworking the entire mod from scratch so that it is completely balanced, and most importantly completed. This phase of planning is random I know, and I understand that many of you might be disappointed by this, but understand that I do this in my free time. I want to see this mod come out with its first (second if you want to count version 1.3) major update strong and do it justice so that it can be much more enjoyable than before.

Download Link:
Github : https://github.com/JadedApprentince/Combat-Extended-Artillery/releases

Mod Requirements:
Requires Combat Expanded to function properly : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.0

Credits, License, and Special Thanks:

CE Team - Reuse of sounds (v1.1 to v.1.31), modification of textures, and basis of code.
Gaijin Entertainment (War Thunder) - Reuse/Modification/Recording of sounds for cannons (v2.0)

Special thanks to:
- NoImageAvailable : Helped me with attempting to solve the ammunition errors that were appearing before v1.3 released, also guiding me along the way to solving other errors.
- TA1980 : Suggestion of content for CEA.
- admiralKew: Suggestion of content for CEA.

Update Log:

Version 1.31
- Fixed 75mm HE having huge blast radius, value was incorrectly set to 3,5 instead of 3.5.

Version 1.3
- Refined shell textures some more, fixed a slight graphical error that made the outline look white instead of black in some cases.
- LOTS of slight improvements and changes to cannon and shell stats
- 75mm cannon: Uses 75mm APHE, HE, and APCR shells.
- New 50mm ammunition: HE and APCR
- APCR ammunition will create a tiny explosion (1 damage and 0.1 radius) in order to create fragmentation.
- 105mm cannot indirectly fire anymore (broke the targeting system for some reason)
- Many other minor improvements and changes.

Version 1.24
- Fixed 50mm sight efficiency,  0.9 to 1.1.
- Adjusted warm-up time for 50mm, reduced from 3.5 to 3.
- Fixed 105mm sight efficiency, 0.9 to 1.2.
- Adjusted warm-up time for 105mm, reduced from 5 to 4.5.
- Fixed 105mm range, increased from 100 to 200.
- Updated descriptions of items with the v1.3 descriptions.
- Fixed 105mm steel cost, was 500 when it should have been 600, components are the same.
- Adjusted 105mm bulk value, changed from 575 to 700.
- Fixed sway factor for both cannons, was 0.75 when it should have been 0.25.
- Fixed 105mm not being able to indirectly fire at targets, just like the mortar.
- Refined all textures with shading, general improvements, etc. I hope you like them!
- Various other small changes and improvements.
- Download changed from Nexus Mods to Github.

Version 1.23
- New change-log system for this post.
- New textures for turrets and ammunition; A new texture was also added for shells fired, before it was CE's HEAT shell projectile by default.
- Balancing of ammunition: Silver value, mass, bulk, etc. will roughly match the values given by the materials they were made from:
> 50mm APHE is FAR lighter than before, allowing you to carry 5 shells in place of 1 when compared to the old values.
> Ammunition costs for both calibers got cheaper and much more balanced.
> 105mm HE got lighter, but also more powerful and lethal.
> 105mm shells are now made in pairs instead of single shells.
- Balancing of turrets: Just like ammunition, turrets were also balanced considerably and the 50mm got far lighter than before, having 300 mass and 200 bulk, allowing it to be semi-portable.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.

Version 1.22:
- Fixed mod errors with the new ammunition in version 1.2, had to remove 50mm APCR and 105mm HEAT rounds due to the errors they caused.

Version 1.2:
- Reworked textures of shells and turrets.
- Balancing of weaponry
- Added two new ammunition types for 50mm and 105mm.
- Announced 75mm cannon and future rocket systems.

Version 1.1:
- Initial upload of mod.

Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0

rambo

I feel like there should be stuff like cars jeeps and tanks ext because 90mm bullets are huge (ive seen them on the internet)  they look like they are meant to destroy vehiclies and air crafts not on infantry a bullet will shred them

JadedApprentince

These cannons are also useful for taking down ancient dangers, particularly HEAT shells through walls. Also able to be used against enemy bases with the right equipment unlike mortars which aren't very viable.

This will be improved with new textures, balancing, and content as time goes on, so I'll account for any problems that come up later on as time passes and this mod matures. Even the 105mm HE shell can blow down most walls in a single shot at the point of impact, so it serves the role of anti-infantry very well with a large explosion and large amounts of fragmentation for such an expensive shell.

Keep me posted on anything that needs to be fixed/balanced or you want to see added and I'll look into making it reality.
Mods I've made:

Rexaurius

Quote from: rambo on June 23, 2017, 08:38:40 PM
I feel like there should be stuff like cars jeeps and tanks ext because 90mm bullets are huge (ive seen them on the internet)  they look like they are meant to destroy vehiclies and air crafts not on infantry a bullet will shred them

someone is, or at least, was making a mod that add vehicles to the game

JadedApprentince

Got some new textures for both the 50mm and the 105mm cannons, they look great and are now complete, next I'll be doing the shells and possibly adding a couple new round types to the 50mm cannon.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Mods I've made:

TA1980

Dear JadedApprentice,

thank you for this nice addition!

Regards

JadedApprentince

Version 1.2 released on Nexus Mods.
Steam workshop is being annoying and won't update correctly, so in the mean time download the file directly while the workshop page is hidden. Sorry about that!

Here's what's new:
- Texture redesigns, not exactly final, but will probably be better than what I have before.
- Slight balancing done.
- 50mm Cannons got a new APCR (sabot) round!
- 105mm Cannons got a new HEAT round!

- Plans are going ahead for a 75mm cannon in the near future, keep yourselves posted to see when it comes out!
Mods I've made:

Exoray

Update has completely broke the mod, was fine before.

says it recovered from incompatable or corrupted mod errors whenever I turn it on

JadedApprentince

Quote from: Exoray on June 26, 2017, 12:29:16 PM

says it recovered from incompatable or corrupted mod errors whenever I turn it on
Will look into it now, I'll try and fix anything else I find.

EDIT: Unlocked the Steam workshop page that contains v1.1. Until this is fixed, this is the only one that isn't broken.
EDIT 2: I believe this is a compatibility error between CE and CEA, which shouldn't be happening. I'll look into reworking/fixing the code so that I can pinpoint what, if anything, in CEA is causing the problem. From the error log it seems to be related to texture mapping.

EDIT 3: Errors have been fixed, I believe it had to do with the new APCR and HEAT rounds for each cannon respectively, so they've been removed until I can get them to work properly. Otherwise the mod is back in working order.
Mods I've made:

Exoray

Quote from: JadedApprentince on June 26, 2017, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: Exoray on June 26, 2017, 12:29:16 PM

Will look into it now, I'll try and fix anything else I find.

EDIT: Unlocked the Steam workshop page that contains v1.1. Until this is fixed, this is the only one that isn't broken.
EDIT 2: I believe this is a compatibility error between CE and CEA, which shouldn't be happening. I'll look into reworking/fixing the code so that I can pinpoint what, if anything, in CEA is causing the problem. From the error log it seems to be related to texture mapping.

EDIT 3: Errors have been fixed, I believe it had to do with the new APCR and HEAT rounds for each cannon respectively, so they've been removed until I can get them to work properly. Otherwise the mod is back in working order.

Very much appreciated, Thank you

GargoyleZoo

Is this going to be reuploaded to steam at some point? Without it, my save is broken

admiralKew

More heavy artillery is always a plus! I'm downloading this now.

Have you considered making 'pack' versions of the guns to make sieging enemy bases easier/make sieging your base easier for raiders? What about autocannons of the 20 and 37mm flavor?

JadedApprentince

Quote from: GargoyleZoo on June 28, 2017, 11:35:26 PM
Is this going to be reuploaded to steam at some point? Without it, my save is broken
Yes, I will reupload this to the Steam Workshop at some point once I understand the updating system, but you shouldn't have a problem. Just download the file version, unzip it, and put the mod folder into your Rimworld/Mods folder. Then when you boot up Rimworld, place the mod under CE and/or CEG. Both the steam workshop and direct file are exactly the same.

Quote from: admiralKew on June 29, 2017, 06:11:11 AM

Have you considered making 'pack' versions of the guns to make sieging enemy bases easier/make sieging your base easier for raiders? What about autocannons of the 20 and 37mm flavor?

I had originally planned to release a 30mm autocannon in version 1.1, but in the end I couldn't finish it in time and just wanted to get the mod out here to start. Of course you'll see some autocannons added into the mix later on, most likely after/during version 1.3 with the new rocket systems.

Balancing will also probably be done, so with the right equipment you could possibly haul a 50mm cannon and some shells in a caravan. I'll have to test that though, so until then it might be a little too bulky/heavy.
Mods I've made:

JadedApprentince

Quote from: admiralKew on June 29, 2017, 06:11:11 AM

I'll point this out now since I've been trying to finish update 1.3.
50mm cannons are now MUCH lighter, and the shells have the same base mass and similar bulk compared to the materials used to make the shells. So you could effectively take a couple of muffalos and carry a 50mm cannon and ammunition to different places.

Not only that, but they'll also be getting some new ammunition types for 50mm most notably.
Mods I've made:

admiralKew

Oh, that's absolutely lovely then! I eagerly await the release.

Regarding the issues with the ammunition patch, have you checked with the people on the CE Discord server? They may be able to offer some help.