[A17] Rimshire Music - LOTR-themed tunes

Started by Bombadil, June 27, 2017, 10:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombadil

Rimshire - Music

Description
A Rimworld mod that removes the vanilla space-themed music and replaces it with LOTR-themed music by Vladan Zivanovic. It also changes some of the in-game notification sounds.
This mod works best with Erdelf's Don't Stop the Music mod - it removes the long gaps between songs in vanilla Rimworld. The load order of the two mods is not important.

Keep an eye out for some more Rimshire mods from me in the future that will give your Rimworld game a LOTR feel. If you are keen to help out (I have a lot of stuff planned), PM me. If you are a coder your assistance would be much appreciated!

Save compatible. You are free to add and remove this mod at any time. 

I hope you enjoy my first ever mod!
Bombadil

Author
Bombadil

Downloads
Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kd3xg7k5kvjz58y/RSHMusic.7z?dl=0

Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=957746339

Change Log
v1.0 Release

Credits
Vladan Zivanovic - Composer of the delightful music. See Steam Power Studios for Vladan and his wife's other creative endeavors.
Nancy Lorenz - Creator of the Hobbiton Brushhand font. See Nancy's webpage for her other LOTR fan works.
The Last Days Mod Team - Sound effects. An open source mod for Mount and Blade that made their content available for use. See here for more details.

License
Music and sound files - see license here.
XML files - CC BY-SA 4.0

sidfu

if u change it to not replace it would be better. there already a mod to disable base game music and leave mod music working

The-Eroks

:D Perfect!

I have been looking for something like this for awhile. For own purposes (which is a medieval-fantasy based mod composition), a mod that disables the standard music and replaces it all with fantasy themed music is absolutely great.

You might consider a "Rimshire Lite" that adds those same tracks to the base game, instead of removing them outright. It'll likely have a bit more appeal to a greater audience that wants to expand their musically selection instead.