[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

How are elections supposed to work? I thought you'd always get them after a year, but I haven't see any so far

Madman666

Got a weird bug tied to a person that has anxiety hediff. Such a person just bugs out completely endlessly picking up and dropping a meal he wants to eat, while standing in place. No errors in console. I have crapton of mods though so its very likely for it to be an incompatibility with something. Deleting anxiety hediff from a person with dev mode fully fixes the issue.

Ruisuki

obvious question but just want to make sure. For prepare carefully when adjusting psychologys values moving the bar to the left means less of the attribute (compassionate, emotional etc) and to the right means more yes?

System.Linq

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 03:10:42 AM
obvious question but just want to make sure. For prepare carefully when adjusting psychologys values moving the bar to the left means less of the attribute (compassionate, emotional etc) and to the right means more yes?

Yep. Feel free to double check in the Psyche tab afterward.

Quote from: Madman666 on October 15, 2018, 01:08:07 AM
Got a weird bug tied to a person that has anxiety hediff. Such a person just bugs out completely endlessly picking up and dropping a meal he wants to eat, while standing in place. No errors in console. I have crapton of mods though so its very likely for it to be an incompatibility with something. Deleting anxiety hediff from a person with dev mode fully fixes the issue.

They are having an anxiety attack.

crusader2010

Quote from: Madman666 on October 15, 2018, 01:08:07 AM

Having the exact same issue but didn't notice any anxiety. Just that the pawns that do that are at the extreme break risk. Drafting the colonist and moving him around a bit helps to pass the time so that you can make him do his job again.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Madman666

Yeah, after a while of experimenting i think its isn't just the anxiety (although in my case there wasn't a break risk at all and the problem got fixed as soon as i deleted the anxiety hediff for some reason). But i can't pin point as to what the cause is for now. If i get it again, i ll try catching some errors, logging them and posting here if it has any relation to Psychology.

Ruisuki

ive had the anxiety idleness since b16. wont move for hours, eventually does. i always assumed it was because of anxiety lol

Madman666

Nah, its not as simple as just staying in place. Its behaviour was way more obviously buggy in my case. It was literally spamming picking up and dropping down a meal on high speed. Otherwise you could tell them to go do stuff and they'd do it. But as soon as it required to pick something up - it d turn into ultra bugged pick-drop state. It might be a mod that has to do something with picking stuff up (i do have Pick up and Haul), but it didn't bug out until the anxiety hediff was present for some reason.

valentinevierra

Quote from: Madman666 on October 16, 2018, 07:45:45 AM
Nah, its not as simple as just staying in place. Its behaviour was way more obviously buggy in my case. It was literally spamming picking up and dropping down a meal on high speed. Otherwise you could tell them to go do stuff and they'd do it. But as soon as it required to pick something up - it d turn into ultra bugged pick-drop state. It might be a mod that has to do something with picking stuff up (i do have Pick up and Haul), but it didn't bug out until the anxiety hediff was present for some reason.
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 07:30:44 AM
ive had the anxiety idleness since b16. wont move for hours, eventually does. i always assumed it was because of anxiety lol
Quote from: Madman666 on October 16, 2018, 07:16:26 AM
Yeah, after a while of experimenting i think its isn't just the anxiety (although in my case there wasn't a break risk at all and the problem got fixed as soon as i deleted the anxiety hediff for some reason). But i can't pin point as to what the cause is for now. If i get it again, i ll try catching some errors, logging them and posting here if it has any relation to Psychology.
I'm fairly sure your pawns were having panic attacks, they happen with anxiety sometimes.

Madman666

Panic attacks making a pawn repeatedly pick and drop an item? like 20 times a second pick-drop? Looks more like an epileptic seizure to me, lol. Or a bug.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Linq on October 16, 2018, 06:42:50 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 03:10:42 AM

Yep. Feel free to double check in the Psyche tab afterward.
Oh snap... speaking of that I dont see the psyche tab when i click on my characters. Thats odd given I was able to assign these values with prepare carefully. I only see log, gear, social,bio, needs and health. Only thing I can think of that might interfere would be rimhud maybe?

Hm...I even tried starting a new game with the prepare carefully pawns I had already saved and loaded same deal. Both times were on a new game.

Also a guest from hospitality just arrived and they dont have the psyche tab either.

publicuser

waiting 1.0 update to start a new game

Ruisuki

Not sure why the psyche tab is gone

bigheadzach

Curious to see if Linq might find a means to harmonize Psych's implementation of the Kinsey scale with Rainbeau's Rational Romance. There's a wonderful opportunity in both fixing the romance mechanics AND retaining the more complex social interactions this mod provides.

Devlishcow

Hey Linq, been playing with this mod and I am really loving it. One question though, is there a way to edit out the new mental breaks introduced in this mod? I would ike the mental breaks to be more punishing than what's in this mod. Thank you