Luci heals more!

Started by svc_bot, July 06, 2017, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svc_bot

Luci heals more!

Description:
Ever wanted that your brain injured colonists, whom you have administered luciferium, heal a bit faster, so that they can take care of them self's? Or maybe you had some one with bad back, so you were very tempting to prescribe him/her luciferium, but could not decide to do it?

This mod changes how healing from luciferium works. First of all, it makes the healing event happen more often, every 4 to 6 days, instead of 15 to 30 in vanilla. To keep things a bit balanced the healing power is reduced to 10 - 30 % limb max hitpoints. Next new feature is that luciferium now heals chronic diseases, similar to permanent injuries. Last feature is the reduction of the biological age, until the optimal age, and accelerated maturity if the unit hasn't yet reached the optimal age. Colonists optimal age is set to 25 years, animals optimal age is beginning of adulthood (0.45 years in wargs, 0.8 years in bears, 4 years in thrumbos and so on)

Update mod version v 0.9.1

New message added that will notify you about the age reduction every time it happens.

Update mod version v 1.0
Every species has its own optimal age, so now all animals can experience age reduction. Species younger than optimal age will mature faster under luciferium effect with nearly double speed. Age reduction notification from non colonists is suppressed now, as initially intended.

Update mod version v 1.0.1
Now blindness is cured as well (thanks agiber).
For some reason vanilla luci doesn't increase hearing stat. Now it is increased by 10 %.

Update mod version v 1.1.1
Update to B19
I also did experiment with mod setting. There are now two option: enable/disable aging related messages and debug healing speed. This will give me more possibilities for future features.

Update mod version v 1.1.2
If you add this mod to a save, where pawn already have luciferium effect, ticksToHeal will be set to 4-6 days, if this value is more than 6 days, so you don't need to wait half a year for my mod to take an effect.

Update mod version v 1.1.3
Bugfixes and refactoring. Better mod compatibility

Update mod version v 1.1.4
Migration to game version 1.1

Update mod version v 1.1.5
Migration to game version 1.2

Update mod version v 2.0.0
Healing happend much more often: every 4 hours
Additional toggles in the options
New experimental feature: Regrowing bodyparts. It can be used, body parts will get restored, but some times exceptions will be thrown when the regrowing hediff is applied (it can be ignored), and hunger rate calculations is buggy.

Update mod version v 2.0.1
Fix bug while removing hediffs without bodypart.

Update mod version v 2.1.1
Update to 1.4
Remove age reversal demand on age reduction

Author
svc_bot (who_stole_my_name on Steam, since svc_bot was already taken)

Download
Github: https://github.com/svcbot/Luci-heals-more/releases
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=965087548
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axn725ya01mfo3x/AABub5YcCNhkZc2as6tlOO33a?dl=0
See attachment

Licence:
Every one is granted the right to use the mod and its source code without any obligations.
Logo by Reiskeks

[attachment deleted due to age]

SpaceDorf

Hail Lightbringer, Lord of Temptation :)

also you should put a zipfile in your dropbox folder, not the modfolders themselves ..
it is easier to download and less dirty when unpacking, because I can just mass-unpack without having to
unpack into folders.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

svc_bot

player99zyzy

Mr svc_bot,I really like and need your mod,but the China goverment has banned dropbox,so will you please upload the file directly if possible? Thank you very much
(please forgive me for my English if any mistake)

Ratvar

Here you go, ennnnnjoy. Svc_bot, forgive meh

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

player99zyzy

Quote from: Ratvar on August 14, 2017, 06:25:24 PM
Here you go, ennnnnjoy. Svc_bot, forgive meh

Thank you very much!!!! :)That great!

geojak

hey,

there is a new mod around that adds some other nanites to inject. mechanite forge

one of them is able to regrow hole lost libs under a lot of pain
another adds something like a personal shield but increases hunger.

would it be possible to make luci regrow limbs with the their source code?
p.s. i am trying to combine your two mods but i am not very capable of understunding the code

edit: i managed to do it myself. quite cool. now my luci is able to heal everything except for death itself.
Added it as download (only visible when logged in)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

lwki

Quote from: geojak on August 18, 2017, 06:32:21 PM
edit: i managed to do it myself. quite cool. now my luci is able to heal everything except for death itself.
that's dope, thanks!

svc_bot

sorry guys, i wasn't reading this thread for quite a long time.. (the whole time i was checking my messages tab, instead of clicking "new replies to my posts"... i don't use forums very often..)

@player99zyzy are there popular cloud services that i could use, that are available in china? I would like that people who are not logged in are also able to download the mod from this forum.

@Ratvar thanks for the help. It was my fault that i wasn't reading the forum.

I am currently working on an update. I am going to rebalance healing so that it is balanced for animals as well. I was also thinking about to make luci mature faster until "optimal age" is reached. And there are some bugs that need to be fixed.

The concept of the mod was to stay as vanilla as possible, so i am not sure about adding the suggested changes with limbs, because this will definitely alter the balance, and i know there are plenty of people who will not like this.

svc_bot

Update to version 1.0!
* Animals have their own optimal age,
* heal % of limb max hp, instead of 1-3 hp. This change should provide better experience with mods that alter limbs hp (like combat extended)
* Accelerated maturity
* Suppressed notifications from non colonists

Evillee

I'm debating whether or not to use this mod. On one hand we have the idea of luci basically turning people into liches, on the other we have how op it is. hmm

svc_bot

I think the best way to decide is to try it out ;-)

svc_bot

agiber

Quote from: svc_bot on November 18, 2017, 07:32:52 AM
Recompiled for Beta 18!

It seems there are some new things to heal in b18 - Blindness and Psychosis.

svc_bot

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm not playing very often lately because of too much work irl. Blindness definitely needs to be cured, but i am not sure about resurrection psychosis. It is a nasty thing, but it is also designed that way. I'll fix blindness asap, but i will need some time too think about the psychosis hedif.