Started by Himkey, July 12, 2017, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himkey

TITANIUM+
Download
A mod that adds Titanium.
But you cant forget about the +.

Updated to 1.1!

Titanium+ for B19 has been greatly rebalanced and some textures have been improved, Titanium is a rare end-game material used to make all kinds of things, from turrets to armor. there have also been plenty of changes for 1.0.

1 Titanium is made from 15 Plasteel and 15 uranium in a smithy, or mined from titanium ore.

10 Titanium Weave is made in the electric tailoring bench from 3 Titanium, it's durable and incredibly strong.

T-AR 4, Titanium Assault-Rifle model 4. It's a semi-automatic assault rifle with a moderate fire-rate, but it packs a punch. It comes at a price however, 50 titanium and 12 advanced components

Titanium Turret, a military grade turret designed after the success of the T-AR 4, it shoots 2 projectiles at the same time with its dual barrel design. It has a high up-front cost with 80 titanium and 20 advanced components, but no later cost due to making its own ammunition.

Treated Cloth
Download

Not yet updated, but should still work.

Have you ever had the trouble of cloth clothing getting 'tattered' before? Well; trouble no more with the new Treated Cloth mod!
Clothing made from treated cloth doesn't degrade from wearing it (and it's also stylishly black).
Strength-wise it's roughly inbetween devilstrand and cloth, leaning more toward cloth.

Treated Cloth is made from 10 neutroamine and 20 cloth.

Himkey's Embrasures
Download

Not yet updated, but should still work.

For a better (and up-to-date) mod that adds embrasures, i recommend Combat Extended, it has done embrasures (way) better than any mod i have seen so far. But it also basically changed everything about combat so...

Adds 2 different kinds of embrasures, metal ones and stone ones both with different textures. For if you want something that looks good.

Metal embrasures made out of any kind of metal with textures that fit into normal walls, 94% cover rating.

Stone embrasures made out of any kind of stone with textures that fit into normal walls, 94% cover rating.

viperwasp

I just put together my own personal mod pack for myself only of over 25+ mods. This mod look awesome and I can't wait to try it out. If I run into issues or have suggestions I will let you know? As far as you can tell does it have any known conflicts? Sometime in the next 24 hours I will be playing this mod. Thanks!
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Himkey

Quote from: viperwasp on July 13, 2017, 10:42:30 AM
I just put together my own personal mod pack for myself only of over 25+ mods. This mod look awesome and I can't wait to try it out. If I run into issues or have suggestions I will let you know? As far as you can tell does it have any known conflicts? Sometime in the next 24 hours I will be playing this mod. Thanks!
Thanks dude!
As far as im aware there should be no conflicts, i use a few mods myself and it works just fine. Even when i loaded Glitter Tech to see what would happen my Titanium just replaced theirs, all recipes still work and stat-wise the highest in the loading order overtakes the one under it. Oh, and i would definitely appreciate any feedback!

viperwasp

Yes your right depending on which mod is loaded first it's going to use that mods version of Titanium. So your right there should be very low possibility for conflicts. I use panda's alloy's mod and they add like almost 15 new types of metals or alloys into the game. Panda's mod is good but it's also my first time using his mod too. But the good news to anyone reading neither of you made each others mod redundant. His mod offers a variety of materials with varying stats. And this Titanium of yours has the highest HP for blocks and other things even over panda's alloys. This is a fairly powerful material. However I don't consider it broken at least not completely. I have see mods with materials that have like 5,000 to 20,000+ HP and I feel they are often way to strong. So you have good balance in my opinion.

I do have a question though? When it comes to making weapons out of your Titanium how much input do you have to choose the outcome of how strong stuff will be? Or do you mainly just pick the base stats for "Titanium" and the game is going to use a calculation for various weapons etc?
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Himkey

Quote from: viperwasp on July 14, 2017, 01:38:57 AMI do have a question though? When it comes to making weapons out of your Titanium how much input do you have to choose the outcome of how strong stuff will be? Or do you mainly just pick the base stats for "Titanium" and the game is going to use a calculation for various weapons etc?
I can only fill in the multipliers for what the weapons will do, like
<SharpDamageMultiplier>1.6</SharpDamageMultiplier>
<BluntDamageMultiplier>1.4</BluntDamageMultiplier>
<MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>1.2</MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>

viperwasp

Thanks for the information. I'm not a modder but sometimes modify certain things in exiting mods. However I consider yours balanced enough. Actually I don't modify to many mods but sometimes it's needed. 
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Himkey

Just updated the mod to version 1.1!

Himkey

Quote from: viperwasp on July 14, 2017, 02:39:05 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm not a modder but sometimes modify certain things in exiting mods. However I consider yours balanced enough. Actually I don't modify to many mods but sometimes it's needed.
i fully agree, as a matter of fact thats how this mod started!

viperwasp

Interesting. Thanks. I have a question is this possible to add in the middle of a current game? If it's not that's still great but I'm just curious if I can update your mod mid game?
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Himkey

Quote from: viperwasp on July 15, 2017, 10:49:16 AM
Interesting. Thanks. I have a question is this possible to add in the middle of a current game? If it's not that's still great but I'm just curious if I can update your mod mid game?
Vanadium and Aluminium spawn as ores (they should spawn on newly generated tiles actually). You will be able to get them off of traders but not in bulk easily. Besides possible trouble obtaining the new ores it should work just fine.

viperwasp

I should mention that KuproPanda's mod quarry.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32190.0

Seems to be giving me Plastic and Titanium. Yet when I search his mod for reference to those Materials they are not listed. So his mod must be able to sense materials that exist within the game and give them at random. Also his alloy's mod has aluminum but I imagine these mods will still be compatible but probably will have to use mod order to decide what aluminum will be the one used. So if I do update your mod your right I can still trade for it and probably mine it via Quarry.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Ideal

Hi, I really like your mod so far. The resources provided are very well balanced except for plastic. The problem here are plastic weapons especially clubs. They have only a 0.42s cooldown and a excellent club has a damage of 18 what makes them totally op. I would suggest that melee wapons are not craftable from plastic or only have a very low damage.

viperwasp

Thanks Himkey great mod still. Let us know if you plan to update to B18. I don't know if your still active here. Take your time though.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Himkey

Sorry for the late response, i thought this thread was dead.
At this moment i am actually working on bringing Titanium+ v3 to B18, it has updated quite a lot, i even tried adding a faction but im unsure if it is worth it. A while after i took a break from Rimworld and came back i split up all the titanium versions, in the end there were like 4 different mods doing entirely different things, 2 of which werent related to titanium whatsoever and another one that i recently deleted (the one with the plastic, i liked the idea but it was far too OP).

So right now, Titanium+ has a turret, a basic faction, a custom weapon, a custom clothing material, a custom crafting/building material and you cant forget the floor!

viperwasp

Cool it sounds great. When I eventually play B18 I will grab your mods probably. Thanks.

If you have links to other mod pages you have made can I have them or more so could you post them here.  I assume this page has them all?
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS