[A17] FuckFriendlyFire

Started by venner, July 14, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venner

(This mod has no requirements)

Don't you just hate it when a colonist shoots another accidentally?
With this mod, you can change the chance of pawns' and turrets' bullets from hitting each other accidentally.
You can change this in a 0-99% chance in the Mod Settings. 0% disables friendly fire completely.

It can stop bullets from hitting:

• Your colonists
  • Your animals
  • Friendly factions

It doesn't stop bullets from hitting:

• Enemies
  • Anything you specifically target

Downloads:

Dermeseti

Awesome mod and I'm really tempted to use it but part of the story drama are these "accidental" shootings. Like was it really an accident when Dizz shot Kit Kat when everyone knows they didn't like each other lol

I'm gonna DL it just to have it as an option. Thanks!

lorebot

Does it remove friendly fire from other factions as well?

Meaning that Raiders won't shoot each other while shooting at your colonists?

Will it stop you from shooting friendly visitors or traders if they're at your colony during a raid?

venner

Quote from: lorebot on July 14, 2017, 09:56:31 PM
Does it remove friendly fire from other factions as well?

Meaning that Raiders won't shoot each other while shooting at your colonists?

Will it stop you from shooting friendly visitors or traders if they're at your colony during a raid?

It will stop raiders from shooting each other while shooting at your colonists. That's fair, right?

And thanks for bringing that up. I will update it to stop your colonists from shooting friendly visitors/traders during a raid accidentally.

lorebot

I only asked cause I once annihilated a group of friendlies totally by accident when they showed up to 'help' me with an infestation...the bugs killed about half of them, but I killed the rest cause I couldn't stop them from going into the room with the bugs even tho I had embrasures to shoot through....

venner

Quote from: lorebot on July 14, 2017, 10:29:37 PM
I only asked cause I once annihilated a group of friendlies totally by accident when they showed up to 'help' me with an infestation...the bugs killed about half of them, but I killed the rest cause I couldn't stop them from going into the room with the bugs even tho I had embrasures to shoot through....

Yup. One of the many things that angered me frequently during my time playing. I hope this mod prevents a lot of that in the future :D

edit: updated on GitHub, Workshop and Nexus Mods (v1.1)

moonra

What do you think would be the best way to configure this to make a skilled shooter be unlikely to shoot a friend without making this an OP mod?

Oblitus

Making friendly fire less likely for skilled shooters would make perfect sense.

BTW, what about turrets?

PreDiabetic

Friendly fire is normaly good thing BUT not in this game. Colonists are more stupid than unicellular organism. So Fck yea.

venner

Quote from: moonra on July 19, 2017, 03:19:48 PM
What do you think would be the best way to configure this to make a skilled shooter be unlikely to shoot a friend without making this an OP mod?

I've just updated the mod to have support for this.

Here's the mod settings menu:

That should give you an idea of how it works.

venner

Quote from: Oblitus on July 19, 2017, 04:45:29 PM
Making friendly fire less likely for skilled shooters would make perfect sense.

BTW, what about turrets?

Turrets will be coming in the update I'm about to push.

Oblitus

Will it work for non-vanilla turrets?

Soupy Delicious

Schwartz

Ran into a problem with this coupled with the Hospitality mod. A berserking visitor was impervious to bullets. I'm pretty sure he was punching my guys to death just fine though.

AngleWyrm

Maybe present the settings like a sound system equalizer, with ten 'band' settings for chance to hit and height is the adjustable friendly fire chance.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh