[1.3] Megafauna (v1.4.4) - More cenozoic beasts! - (21.07.2021 - Update #9)

Started by Spino, July 15, 2017, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Titanis are cool :)
Giant Combat Dodos. I tamed 2 Myself.  But I turned the animal density up another mod.

The only wee beasties missing for now are the snake, the monkey and the handbag.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: EpicFox on July 16, 2017, 06:48:57 PM
Quote from: doctercorgi on July 16, 2017, 05:20:34 PM
Dire wolfs and saber tooths would be awesome! Definitely downloading.

Those already exist. I'm not 100% sure  but IIRC they're even in vanilla(a17).

pics or it didn't happen
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

EnricoDandolo

Holy hell, whats their leather like?
Seriously, if their leather gives 300% sharpness resistant im on that shit.

moonra

IMO predator spawn needs to be lowered a bit, I have 3 Titanis and 3 Entelodonts on my map that have a tendency of getting ever so closer to my base and keep killing all the big animals.
Other than that the mod is great, the sprites look amazing, although the Gigantopithecus looks a bit silly sliding around, a lot sillier than most things in vanilla since most [all?] animals don't have visible legs.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: moonra on July 18, 2017, 05:31:56 AM
IMO predator spawn needs to be lowered a bit, I have 3 Titanis and 3 Entelodonts on my map that have a tendency of getting ever so closer to my base and keep killing all the big animals.

This looks like a predator/prey balance, where they eat everything and then starve to death. Since there is a spawn rate for the prey, an ideal arrangement would be a spawn rate for predators that puts just enough of them into play to not starve to death.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

doctercorgi

quote author=EpicFox link=topic=34432.msg352557#msg352557 date=1500245337]Those already exist. I'm not 100% sure  but IIRC they're even in vanilla(a17).
[/quote]

There are wargs which are like wolfs but Genetically modified. But we don't have saber tooths or other megafauna cats.

doctercorgi

Quote from: doctercorgi on July 18, 2017, 02:56:16 PM
quote author=EpicFox link=topic=34432.msg352557#msg352557 date=1500245337]Those already exist. I'm not 100% sure  but IIRC they're even in vanilla(a17).

There are wargs which are like wolfs but Genetically modified. But we don't have saber tooths or other megafauna cats.

Warforyou

Megabeasts have their wight set wrong. I.E. Paraceratherium weighs only 10 (!) kilos. BTW he gives you insane amount of meat (1700)! And his dead corpse weighs 0 wich makes farming them off-colony too much profitable.

Also I think that their leathers should be rebalanced. Right now they have the same stats as basic (hare, etc) leathers. I guess it should be kinda tougher at least!

Loki88

Does this work with the hard working animals mod? or do none of these beasts have advanced inteligence?

moonra

Quote from: Warforyou on July 18, 2017, 05:07:13 PM
Megabeasts have their wight set wrong. I.E. Paraceratherium weighs only 10 (!) kilos. BTW he gives you insane amount of meat (1700)! And his dead corpse weighs 0 wich makes farming them off-colony too much profitable.

Also I think that their leathers should be rebalanced. Right now they have the same stats as basic (hare, etc) leathers. I guess it should be kinda tougher at least!

In my game they weight 700kg, dunno about their corpses, though, my tribe is nowhere strong enough to take one of them down.
Totally agree about the leathers, the ones I've seen all had no special stats, IIRC, just different colors.

Quote from: Loki88 on July 19, 2017, 10:55:29 AM
Does this work with the hard working animals mod? or do none of these beasts have advanced inteligence?
The gorilla, boar, mammoth and Paraceratherium have advanced intelligence, the rest has intermediate.

Loki88

Quote from: moonra on July 19, 2017, 12:53:45 PM

In my game they weight 700kg, dunno about their corpses, though, my tribe is nowhere strong enough to take one of them down.
Totally agree about the leathers, the ones I've seen all had no special stats, IIRC, just different colors.

Quote from: Loki88 on July 19, 2017, 10:55:29 AM
The gorilla, boar, mammoth and Paraceratherium have advanced intelligence, the rest has intermediate.

I wound up going to check myself and set the Arthro to advanced in my copy. Very unrealistic I know, but I have the image in my head of giant centipedes with a pack pack on and I needed to make it a thing.

Spino

Quote from: Hydromancerx on July 16, 2017, 01:33:11 PM
Awesome mod!!  :)

Please make ...

- Ambulocetus
- Aurochs (I have made one if you want to add it)
- Australopithecus
- Brontotherium
- Colombian Mammoth
- Diatryma
- Diprotodon
- Irish Elk
- Macrauchenia
- Moa
- Short Faced Bear
- Sivatherium
- Thylacosmilus
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll consider them whenever I get to work on an update for this!

Quote from: moonra on July 18, 2017, 05:31:56 AM
Other than that the mod is great, the sprites look amazing, although the Gigantopithecus looks a bit silly sliding around, a lot sillier than most things in vanilla since most [all?] animals don't have visible legs.
The spawn rates of all the animals will be lowered in the next update. Also, there actually are a few animals in Rimworld with visible legs and I wanted to give the Gigantopithecus a bit of a resemblance to the regular Rim-monkeys.

As @moonra said, Paraceratherium weighs 700 kg, are you using any other mods that could mess with something like this?
It's also supposed to give you a lot of meat as it was an animal bigger than a Tyrannosaurus, but I guess 1700 might be a bit of an overkill, lol. Will be lowered in an update.
And oh yeah, right now only the mammoth wool has unique stats because it's way harder to obtain than all the leathers, but I suppose I could make their stats better when I lower the spawn rates of the animals themselves.

tobe

how should i put it in mod list for a dog said ?
after dog said and dog said easy patcher?
or before them??

Spino

Quote from: tobe on July 20, 2017, 01:31:01 PM
how should i put it in mod list for a dog said ?
after dog said and dog said easy patcher?
or before them??

It should go like this, with ADS being the first one installed:
A Dog Said --> A Dog Said Easy Patcher --> Megafauna/any other animal mod

tobe