[1.1] Prison Labor

Started by Avius, July 16, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeeper

PrisonLaborException: encountered problem with SeedsPlease mod. Failed to patch. Error message:
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Reflection.MethodBase,System.Byte[]].TryGetValue (System.Reflection.MethodBase key, System.Byte[]& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.GeneralExtensions.GetValueSafe[MethodBase,Byte[]] (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, System.Reflection.MethodBase key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonySharedState.GetPatchInfo (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.HarmonyMethod prefix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod postfix, Harmony.HarmonyMethod transpiler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PrisonLabor.CompatibilityPatches.SeedsPlease_WorkDriver_Patch.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PrisonLabor.CompatibilityPatches.SeedsPlease.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Tried to switch their load order, same error.

Heni

I have one bug here, the "force to work" and the "work and recruit" dont work here, the warden can still recruit the prisioner, but cant force them into work. the other bug is that the "motivation" bar is on the animals, not in the prisioners. thanks for your work and sorry my bad english.

YvesRenard

Not quite a bug report or anything, but an amusing observation of things that may happen with this mod. The prisoners don't respect forbidden items, that is known (and was discussed at length in an earlier post). I'm using the Locks mod, so I have no problems restricting prisoner access to parts of my compound, thus keeping them away from valuable items. But I just got an infestation spawn in an empty cave outside my compound, and now the prisoners are starting to get lured in by the siren call of the delicious insect jelly. I haven't had trouble keeping the prisoners in line before, so there were no fences or anything to keep them from wandering around, and now they keep trying to go on a suicide march into the mandibles of some megaspiders. I'm not sure if anything can actually be done mechanically to curb this behaviour. For the time being I'll just have to lock the prisoners in their cells and stop them from working until the infestation is dealt with.

Avius

Okay I'm back, and here some changes that will be added based on community feedback:

Treatment

• I will add new need "Treatment" or "Treatment happiness"(by default hidden, changeable via settings if possible). It will indicate "how good" prisoners are treated. This will make boost to mood, and will reduce chance of revolts.
  • Free time, or joy time will now give very little motivation boost, but instead it will give treatment happiness.
  • Treatment will be reduced when pawn is working, when he's been hit, or when it has been forced to live in bad condition (human meat, bad food, no bed etc.)
  • Low treatment will provide mental break BONUS. Keeping prisoners on low treatment can be beneficial too.
Recruiting

• On high treatment there will be chance of letter with offer from prisoner to join colony. This option can exclude wardens as recruiters.
  • Low treatment can reduce chance of recruiting.
Forbidden items & Hypothermia

• Prisoners will be respecting forbidden items, but only nearby colonists. You still need to control where prisoners can go, and where not, but it will be easier to micro-manage some exceptions.
  • Prisoners will seek safe temperature, if not being supervised. If so, they will be icon above head indicating that you're forcing prisoners to work in cold.
  • Prisoners will occasionally pick up laying weapons and try to fight on their own. May cause revolt. High treatment can reduce chance.
Bugs

• Top priority is for now bug with no-working colonists/prisoners. I'll take some actions to fix as many cases as possible.
  • Currently I'm not aware of any compatibility issues expect Cleaning Area (which is lost case)
  • The loading save bug with "OnGui()" message in error log.

Those changes will be implemented in future versions, and I need some time for them. But letting you know, on what I am currently working on.

Avius

New treatment need:

IWannaChaos

This mod almost feels like it could be a finished product, nice work. I did notice that prisoners stop working when they aren't getting food which is normal. I also noticed that my wardens wouldn't deliver food to my prisoners when the prison was entirely in a prison labor area, which was weird but easily fixable. I didn't notice anything in the log if that isn't expected behavior.

Kori

Quote from: Avius on March 20, 2018, 05:29:59 PM
Okay I'm back, and here some changes that will be added based on community feedback:

That sounds awesome! Thank you so much for your hard work!

Kori

Avius, could you please also have a look at the problem with Dub's Bad Hygiene? :)
Right now prisoners can only use showers, tubs and toilets that are directly integrated into their prison cell and only while the prisoners are inside their cell. As soon as there is an unlocked or even open door between their cell and the bathroom, they won't use it anymore! And even if their cell is close while being forced to work, they won't go back there to use the toilet but will try to do it in the outside (mood penality) instead.

So when you want to have a separate bathroom in your prison or prisoners that can walk around freely in your colony to do some jobs (while they should use the bathrooms of the colony) it won't work, giving them a bad mood.

Avius

Quote from: Kori on April 24, 2018, 01:46:41 AM
Avius, could you please also have a look at the problem with Dub's Bad Hygiene? :)
Right now prisoners can only use showers, tubs and toilets that are directly integrated into their prison cell and only while the prisoners are inside their cell. As soon as there is an unlocked or even open door between their cell and the bathroom, they won't use it anymore! And even if their cell is close while being forced to work, they won't go back there to use the toilet but will try to do it in the outside (mood penality) instead.

So when you want to have a separate bathroom in your prison or prisoners that can walk around freely in your colony to do some jobs (while they should use the bathrooms of the colony) it won't work, giving them a bad mood.

Sure, but main problem with Prison Labor right now is that fixes will come alongside with major patch. I will ensure next hotfixes could be uploaded separately when some big issues come up (It's actually silly mistake I've made).

EDIT: So unfortunately you need to wait for it

Kori

That's not a problem, thank you very much! :)

Sonsalt

is it possible to reach a better compatibility with No Water, No Life mod ?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284196239

Avius

Quote from: Sonsalt on May 04, 2018, 05:54:11 AM
is it possible to reach a better compatibility with No Water, No Life mod ?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284196239
No Water mod have exactly same issue as Dubs Hygiene. I'll look into No Life mod

SirDarin

"No water, no life" is the name of the mod, it isn't two separate mods.

Avius

Quote from: SirDarin on May 04, 2018, 11:02:39 AM
"No water, no life" is the name of the mod, it isn't two separate mods.
Oh silly me, sorry

Avius

HOTFIX v. 0.9.3
- fixed compatibility with No Water no Life
- fixed compatibility with Dubs Bad Hygiene Mod
- fixed error with loading old saves

This is update out of dev branch that is aiming at critical bugs. It took me some time actually :/