Drug Storage?

Started by DrKrieger, July 21, 2017, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrKrieger

Is there a way to safely storage drugs so that no one can take it without my command?

Maybe without mods^^ and using walls to blockade the storage.

But if no other way i can use mods^^

Greetings aul1999 :)

Lys

Well you can forbid them and/or set the drug policy to "No drugs" for all colonists. Only chemical interest/fascination pawns will go on binges to take drugs then.
That said, the only way to make them unacessible for even those is to wall them in, as you already wrote.
Not sure if there are mods for it otherwise.

asanbr

I had the same problem, someone went on a binge and became addicted. It didn't occur to me to simply wall in the drugs. Thanks!

DrKrieger

Yeah and thats the Problem , the guys with the Chemical Interest i have 4 of them XD

DrKrieger

Is there a way to remove the trait with the developer tool? or something else?

Bozobub

Quote from: DrKrieger on July 21, 2017, 12:17:34 PM
Is there a way to remove the trait with the developer tool? or something else?
...Burgers and fashionable eveningwear.  Problem solved.
Thanks, belgord!

Kozmo

Create room, create zone RestrictedArea1 over room, invert RestrictedArea1, click all pawns except doctor from unrestricted to RestrictedArea1.

Would that work?

AngleWyrm

There's a mod called Nerve Staple that is a sort of corrective surgery. It's supposed to deal with negative traits like drug fascinations, but it's also hampered by causing other damages to the pawn that make it unlikely to be a useful mod.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Lys

Quote from: Kozmo on July 21, 2017, 06:29:53 PM
Create room, create zone RestrictedArea1 over room, invert RestrictedArea1, click all pawns except doctor from unrestricted to RestrictedArea1.

Would that work?
I'm fairly certain that pawns with any mental break don't care about restricted zones. Else they would be extremely easy to handle.

mcgnarman

I would be curious if putting them in a room and forbidding the door would be enough. Then someone on a binge would have to break the door down first.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: mcgnarman on July 21, 2017, 08:24:06 PM
I would be curious if putting them in a room and forbidding the door would be enough. Then someone on a binge would have to break the door down first.
They simply walk through the door, no ducks given whatsoever, trust me I've tried it, it's like trying to forbid the drugs themselves
Claims to know most things.

Ekarus

I suppose you could just wall off the room and break down the wall every time you want access to the drugs. Are there any objects that block pathing but can be "uninstalled" if so might be best to use that as a "door"

DrKrieger

Shurp

No need to perpetually wall off the room.  Just put a stockpile of bricks next to it, and as soon as you see the "chemical binge" message have someone run over and build a wall. 

Well, I guess this depends on how strong of drugs you're working with.  The binger might get one; if it's smokeleaf that's not a problem.  Luciferium is :)

Also, don't forget that beating down a colonist with logs immediately ends binges.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Or you could use the industrial roller mod.
A underground belt transport the drugs into the room without doors.