[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conred

Also could you fix the C.H.E.S.T? I put 900 metals inside it yet when i wanted to craft a metal drill no one was using the metal inside the chest and i coudnt force them to use it. They were just waiting until fresh metal appear on the gorund or until i took out metal from the CHEST which made it useless and only take power.

Also probably my opinion but those static charge power plants seem very cheap and after upgrades seem too powerfull to even bother with oil and solar power. I think theres should be some parts available only by traders to build them or they should have some side effects

minami26

Quote from: Conred on August 24, 2014, 09:20:27 AM
Also could you fix the C.H.E.S.T?

Also probably my opinion but those static charge power plants seem very cheap and after upgrades seem too powerfull to even bother with oil and solar power. I think theres should be some parts available only by traders to build them or they should have some side effects

the C.H.E.S.T is already fixed, the static charger is getting a big bad nerf! also making the gas generator buildable early game with a nice little boost to oil consumption duration time. Expect the fix and a whole new TTM tomorrow!
-- I'm still making the banners and v2.8 tech tree image and i'm still finishing my play test!

Kitsune

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 07:22:50 AM
can everybody post if they want all the 'Hats' craftable? if yes reaches to 5 or more then ill make all of them craftable, else if *BIG FAT "no's" reaches 5 then they'll be collectibles as intended Huzzaaah!!

Huzzaaaaah!! Oh eh... i mean NO. ;D

Looking forward to this "best update". ;)

Edit: Hm i think with that update it's time to delete the patch files on my upload sites. :'( It makes me a little bit sad... ;_;

Conred

Thank you man, i m really enjoing this mod so far. I like this more realistic approach. It would be cool if you were applying more things from "superior crafting" mod since you already process metal. It would be fun if in the future cloth was introduced to create cloth and to sell them to Rat traders and also probably replace iron ore entirely with smelted bars since no one is using raw iron in real life to built anything espcially modern tools or power lines. Oil could also use oil refinery so you dont have to constantly click on oil puddles and have it haul to your stockpile and it just refill you tank automatically

minami26

Quote from: Kitsune on August 24, 2014, 09:33:35 AM
Hm i think with that update it's time to delete the patch files on my upload sites. :'( It makes me a little bit sad... ;_;

Awwwwww, don't be sad Kitsune! you can always make compatibility patches for other mods and new mods. Combining Clutter with TTM is a long time coming and you made me realize it's time to combine the mods. Thank you so much for your help Kitsune!

Quote from: Conred on August 24, 2014, 09:45:06 AM
Thank you man, i m really enjoing this mod so far. I like this more realistic approach. It would be cool if you were applying more things from "superior crafting" mod since you already process metal. It would be fun if in the future cloth was introduced to create cloth and to sell them to Rat traders and also probably replace iron ore entirely with smelted bars since no one is using raw iron in real life to built anything espcially modern tools or power lines. Oil could also use oil refinery so you dont have to constantly click on oil puddles and have it haul to your stockpile and it just refill you tank automatically

Thank you for liking my mod!
-- Clothes making will be introduced starting on the next patch since I have added Apparello which adds a heck of a lot nice clothes and armor. I outdid myself and added Cotton - Cloth and Leather from Raw Meat to be processed in Apparello's Tailoring Machine.
-- The only problem I have with extending the crafting line was because it takes a lot of time and "Micro-Management" becomes an issue.
I have this plan of making factories where you only need Raw Materials on a Hopper and you just set the [Factory] to build a specific Manufactured goods.
I'll be continually updating the mod and hope that you will still be here for more versions to come!

Kitsune

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 09:50:53 AM
Awwwwww, don't be sad Kitsune! you can always make compatibility patches for other mods and new mods. Combining Clutter with TTM is a long time coming and you made me realize it's time to combine the mods. Thank you so much for your help Kitsune!

:-[ Ok but it was fun. ;D Maybe i found other mods that would be nice to have with TTM and work on them till you merge them again. ;D

Edit: Oh yes if you dont actualy thinking about it, make the clothes somewhat "useable", cremate them or trade them away. Because if you dont have something to manage the pile of cloth your colonists one day, drown in a ocean of cloths. ;) Somewhere it exists an mod that alow to burn cloths, maybe like to look into it?(At the actual day i never used the apparello mod so i dont know if it have a option for this^^)

Scribblon

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 07:22:50 AM
{snip}

Thank you for replying, hope you also got the reconnect issue I described earlier.

But I am posting with some more interesting (un)intentional features, this time all about events.

First of all: "the mutant from space" (imagine cheesy echoey film announcer voice), where the radio crackles a sinister message and three pods land with two survivors and one who thinks (s)he made it. Mentioned here before, upon defeating the monster it will spam explosives seemingly every simulation tick. I jumped into Dev-mode to see if I could delete it, but was only met with a massive error-log and no entity to destroy. I, unfortunately, forgot to copy a save or the log to a safe location... So I don't have anything. But I remember it failing to do something with setting a value in entity Monster? Maybe, as there wasn't a monster entity there visually in the simulation, a Null Pointer?
Will try and reproduce this event.
Secondly: the "Risk/Reward"-events. In which our hero finds a treasure, but at what price(ice-ce-e). The event description says it (can/)will kill our hero, or be lost forever. However, it will not. Yes, it will hurt them very, very badly. But they all survived being lost in mines or trap explosives. A little bit of medicine and they are walking happily again... With a few less limbs, eyes, or noses...

EDIT-addition: If you suffer from the "the eternally exploding monster from space" bug, just save your game and reload it. The explosions will end, leaving a big bloody hole.

Also, loving the missiles. Especially in the late game, where raiding parties become massive (lagging) 300+ entity parties all flipping off your CPU. (Or at least I imagine so). Just drop a few missiles and your CPU will be thanking you.

thefinn

Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 09:25:39 AM
the C.H.E.S.T is already fixed, the static charger is getting a big bad nerf! also making the gas generator buildable early game with a nice little boost to oil consumption duration time. Expect the fix and a whole new TTM tomorrow!
-- I'm still making the banners and v2.8 tech tree image and i'm still finishing my play test!

Awesome, I'd love to see some easier play for the start of the game with power - I really want to add zombie hordes but... game is hard enough in this mod.

Conred

Quote from: thefinn on August 24, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
Quote from: minami26 on August 24, 2014, 09:25:39 AM

Awesome, I'd love to see some easier play for the start of the game with power - I really want to add zombie hordes but... game is hard enough in this mod.

I played with zombies and this. You just need to set Random Randy into a casual mode or rough story teller. When you build up you can set him again for 100% challenge in options without reseting the game for hordes of zombies and pirate siges. Although until blast doors are not nerfed you will have a walk in the park in this game since for now they treat them like inpenetrable wall and wont attack it

Saberia

Hello minami~

I just want to know the names of incedents.

Thanks a lot ;D

( Tchey )

Hi,

I have some troubles to start a game with this mod.

First and only thing i can build is a workbench to make planks, in order to build the work table. But then, i'm stuck. One missing ingredient is "Make do Tool". What is it !? I can't understand how to start my colony.

I play with a fresh install, on a new world, with Minami Craft + Minami Events + Animal Rugs, nothing else.

Can you help please ?

Iwillbenicetou

I don't know, for now,
1. look around
2. deconstruct the plank making make do saw.
3. if nothing else works, che... dev edit it in.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Thalur

Great mod!  I really like the core idea that you have to get the advanced parts from traders, not just from bashing two lumps of iron ore together and magically getting a geothermal power plant :)  I am looking forward to the new version.

Iwillbenicetou

The only thing that upsets me is that you have to manually construct it. I wish it would be made automatically. Or maybe have requirements, if you have this building, you can craft this.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!