Question about star wars mod...

Started by Thangunis, March 17, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thangunis

I am just starting with RimWorld (so far I am really exited and love the game). My friend who got me hooked told me to play the star wars mod. But he is a bit of a star wars geek. Is the mod balanced and ready to play? Or should I rather start on the vanilla game and maybe tweak that with mods?

Chicken Plucker

Hey there Tangunis, welcome to the forums!

Well, I've played with the Star Wars mod a lot, it's well coded and the art is beautiful, I recommend you play vanilla first and learn the bitter taste of losing your entire colony to something as silly as a flu or a mad squirrel attack, cause then when you start using mods that help life become easier you won't get too dependent towards them.

As for the Star Wars gear, the weapons are stronger than vanilla because it tries to follow lore, the blasters plow through generic armor, there's an AT-ST walker unit for the Galactic Empire and they're crazy difficult to kill and their blasters just plow through anything. That's the kind of stuff that ends games, nothing in vanilla could compete.

Thangunis

Is there a source where I could read up on the "tiers" or specific uses of the different "star wars weapons". I don't really know if one blaster is better than another. Sure I can look up a range or damage. But how all that calculates up to dps on certain ranges is a puzzle to me.

I can look it up for vanilla, but don't know how to calculate it for this mod.

Thangunis

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 18, 2018, 09:27:24 AM
As for the Star Wars gear, the weapons are stronger than vanilla because it tries to follow lore, the blasters plow through generic armor

Would you say that it is deadlier because of it? I am also under the impression, that the force is really strong (even with just 1 level).

Canute

Yes force user got special abilities which made them very strong.
Together with lightsaber, like at the movies, they can reflect most of the incomming fire.