[A17] Tribal Smoke Signals (Low-tech Comms Console)

Started by Cryusaki, August 25, 2017, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryusaki

Description
     This mod adds two new buildings to the game; the 'Signal Fire' and the 'Tribal Trade Beacon'. Tribal colonies were never able to communicate with other factions in the game so this mod will allow you to do just that. The SignalFire is built, looks and requires to be refuled just like the campfire but pawns can interact with it as though it is a comms console. You cannot communicate with orbital trade ships, just ground factions.
     The Tribal Trade Beacon acts just like the Orbital Trade Beacon but does not require power and is built with wood.

Author
Cryusaki

Download
GitHub Link
Steam Link

Canute

Ohh smoke, there allready was a similar mod with birds ! :-)

But i think there should be a limit to these kind of communication.
Either range, only can call these faction they got an outpost 20 tiles around your colony.
Or only can call tribal faction, since the other faction just think ohh someone raid these colony and it is burning now.

And the use of these kind of communication should give a good percent chance to launch an raid then next few days.

Modraneth

i like this mod but just make it work with other tribal colonies.
people with electricity dont really will understand smoke signals

Pink Photon

Quote from: Modraneth on September 01, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
i like this mod but just make it work with other tribal colonies.
people with electricity dont really will understand smoke signals

I think that if some of your major trading partners communicated solely by smoke signals, you'd take the time to learn how to understand them.

Modraneth

well not everyone
if u think about american Indian and the Americans, not much white man understand smoke signals, just a little tinny bit of the population
and sometimes american Indians and the Americans trade things, but just when face to face

Canute

And how much modern people understand morse-signals ? :-)

Kastuk

Great idea. Must be limited chance of communication by sunlight percent and weather.
+Message and then caravan interception, so you must talk with faction's member about smokecodes for lower chance.

Modraneth