Taking mod request

Started by americany13, May 09, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

americany13

I'm new to modding and I have only one other mod, MagicRim. I've been looking to make another one, but I couldn't think of anything, so I decided to ask you guys. I can only do XML stuff, so its best if its simple. It can be large or small. If you have an idea, PM me and ill look at. I'm open to pretty much anything.

a89a89

A muffalo that fallows you around like a pet

WorldOfIllusion

Quote from: a89a89 on May 09, 2014, 07:47:58 PM
Highly doubt that will be doable from just XML. Pets would be cool though... and then to put them to work!
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

americany13

Its not possible. at least for me.

pidggit

Quote from: WorldOfIllusion on May 09, 2014, 08:14:52 PM
Highly doubt that will be doable from just XML. Pets would be cool though... and then to put them to work!

*Incoming Shameless Plug :)*

I am working on a mod to put dogs in the game. You'll be able to tame them and they'll hang around the colony and do some odd jobs like haul things around and what not.

I'm not far off now. I just need to implement dogs actually doing work and I'll release the first version, I think.

collinp

i got a great project for you add horses into the game and make it so you can ride em ;D .

Girlinhat

On the simple side, I'd like stone statues that add a LOT of pretty value, and perhaps a few types of silver statues of different sizes that give significant pretty.

Also something fun might be if you added a letter panel, which shows one a-z or 1-0 character, and has a button that can scroll through different characters.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Girlinhat on June 25, 2014, 08:28:59 PM
On the simple side, I'd like stone statues that add a LOT of pretty value, and perhaps a few types of silver statues of different sizes that give significant pretty.

Also something fun might be if you added a letter panel, which shows one a-z or 1-0 character, and has a button that can scroll through different characters.

As for scrolling through colonists, you can already do that with the , and . keys. But I do like the idea of stone statues giving pretty values. Maybe even a basic/fine/exquisite statues made using the same system as basic/fine/lavish meals.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Girlinhat

No, sorry.  It scrolls through the alphabet, not through colonists (though those hotkeys are good to know).  So instead of writing letters using blocks of different colored carpet, it'd be a single letter or number on a single tile.  It could look like spraypaint or road paintings and be an item with a menu that lets you choose the letter displayed.  NOT making 26 different items, but 1 item with different texture items.

The Clutter mod has tables that change appearance.  Just make that, but it's a floor-level item that changes appearance to a different letter.

StorymasterQ

Ah, I misunderstood you :p
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

P_anders

hi

uhm .. if you want to make a mod for rimworld, maybee i have an idea. i miss a option to change the name of all my colonists, not only the 3 guy at the beginning, but every new member, that i get top the colony. i dont know. maybee a edit button in the profile .... it spwans in the moment i recruit a prisoner or a travelever joint my colony and already have the button. that would be great.

in the past a had a colony where i get 2 girls from capturing enemies. both girls had the same name .. it was a little bit irritating ^^

Jathomas

Hey guys, made a list of idea if youre interested. i like the one for changing the names though, ill add that one to the list!

I advertise all mods you ask me to and will test, rate, reccomend, help and support you as you make one. Heres the post! http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!