Creative Rewards Guidelines

Started by Tynan, October 24, 2013, 12:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I haven't seen any information on the work disables (or I may have missed it). Are these just work which our characters won't perform, and skills that they won't increase during gameplay? So if I didn't want my character to mine, I can 'set' that as disabled, and they would never do it?
Tony Gibson

Tynan

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2013, 12:28:09 AM
I haven't seen any information on the work disables (or I may have missed it). Are these just work which our characters won't perform, and skills that they won't increase during gameplay? So if I didn't want my character to mine, I can 'set' that as disabled, and they would never do it?

It's types of work they'll never do. They don't map 1:1 to skills, though, because skills can map to multiple different actions, and will do even more in the future.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

AgesBeyond

Quote from: Tynan on October 26, 2013, 12:32:22 PM
Sadly no, just because transanimals aren't really on the horizon for actually being in the game.

No worries, I have a few other character ideas in mind that will likely fit in a bit better. Thank you for the quick response!

Quick edit with a question: Will PK tier donations have the ability to choose the appearance of their character's sprite? Nothing too specific or specialized though, body type (thin, large) and hair colour?

Tynan

You can choose your body shape. The clothes, of course, will change during the game. There are 5 shapes planned: fat, thin, hulk, male normal, female normal. The first two work with either sex.

(edit: hulk is unisex if you really want it to be)

AgesBeyond

Quote from: Tynan on October 29, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
You can choose your body shape. The clothes, of course, will change during the game. There are 5 shapes planned: fat, thin, male hulk, male normal, female normal. The first two work with either sex.

Excellent, thank you again for the quick and concise answers!

Kyphis

Where do we send/post our character names for Pirate tier?

theandychrist

Quote from: Kyphis on November 04, 2013, 03:58:16 PM
I was wondering this myself. Will it come at a later time? Or are we just missing something?

JEBWrench

You can choose your body shape. The clothes, of course, will change during the game. There are 5 shapes planned: fat, thin, male hulk, male normal, female normal. The first two work with either sex.

Curious, even though this doesn't effect me, but why is "hulk" restricted to male?

Sky_walker

Can we pick hair color / facial hair / long-short-medium-ponny tail hair cut?
Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

Tynan

Quote from: JEBWrench on November 05, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

Curious, even though this doesn't effect me, but why is "hulk" restricted to male?

I suppose it doesn't have to be. Changed.

Ograv

A question about names for Pirate tier: NPCs in the game seem to go with last names that work with either sex (I could be wrong here). Can we specify the name to a single sex (for example my full name), and can we provide unisex names (my Norwegian surname, for example)?

JEBWrench

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 11:52:24 PM
Quote from: JEBWrench on November 05, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

I suppose it doesn't have to be. Changed.

Kudos, sir. A lot of people might've just shrugged that off.

Hypolite

Quote from: Sky_walker on November 05, 2013, 04:40:56 AM
Can we pick hair color / facial hair / long-short-medium-ponny tail hair cut?

Not yet, it's not that precise at the moment, however I don't know if Tynan wants to put in more details.

Quote from: theandychrist on November 04, 2013, 04:31:24 PM
Quote from: Kyphis on November 04, 2013, 03:58:16 PM
I was wondering this myself. Will it come at a later time? Or are we just missing something?

Kyphis and theandychrist, I have good news for you, you can now submit your creation using the brand new RimWorld Creative Reward Management System!

Quote from: Ograv on November 07, 2013, 07:17:24 PM
A question about names for Pirate tier: NPCs in the game seem to go with last names that work with either sex (I could be wrong here). Can we specify the name to a single sex (for example my full name), and can we provide unisex names (my Norwegian surname, for example)?

When your are submitting the name, your can choose if the character you create will be Male, Female or Either. So you can do either of your scenarios :)

Tynan

Bear in mind the system is still in the testing phase.

Foxador

So in the guidelines you say that you can't use obvious internet handles which I take it to assume that you can't use your youtube name for example right? That's what I was hoping to do for fun when I got it only to find out afterwords that it looks like I can't. Since it did say put in any name on the main page I took it to assume that I could.