[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebrius

I'm using this on B18 and I think I found a bug with Save our Ship. I started a new game with SoS and one of my colonists is an Android, I woke him from cryosleep and now he never rests. His rest need slowly goes down to zero but he never rests or collapses, though I do get periodic "Aaron has collapsed" notifications. Also of note is energy is pegged at 100% and doesn't move. Any thoughts? Maybe something isn't getting triggered when the android is woken vs printed?

[edit] I damaged the pawn to down and that seemed to help, he now sleeps but his energy still never goes down

ChJees

AllenWL

I tried to make a droid-only colony, and quickly found out that droids really suck at crafting.
A surprising amount of crafted goods where locked behind crafting skill 5+, which droids can't make, and since droids can't social, I couldn't buy those either.
The biggest problem out of them all were components. Droids use up a lot, and with both crafting and buying them out of reach, the colony expansion ended up completely stalling within the first quadrum  due to a lack of components.

I've ordered a mass-mining project, and hopefully, that gets me enough components to build droid mining teams I can send out to other parts of the map. Eventually though, I'm probably going to have to raid outposts for weapons and resources This is going to be... interesting.

ChJees

Quote from: AllenWL on September 07, 2018, 11:06:45 AM
I tried to make a droid-only colony, and quickly found out that droids really suck at crafting.
A surprising amount of crafted goods where locked behind crafting skill 5+, which droids can't make, and since droids can't social, I couldn't buy those either.
The biggest problem out of them all were components. Droids use up a lot, and with both crafting and buying them out of reach, the colony expansion ended up completely stalling within the first quadrum  due to a lack of components.

I've ordered a mass-mining project, and hopefully, that gets me enough components to build droid mining teams I can send out to other parts of the map. Eventually though, I'm probably going to have to raid outposts for weapons and resources This is going to be... interesting.
Hehehe, Droid only colony. Droids are mainly meant to supplement labor shortage early to mid-game. But Saint of Grey (Can find em on my Discord for now) is working on a solution to this with a Add-On mod that let you make Droid only colonies :).
Want to play with it myself when they finish it.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ChJees on September 07, 2018, 11:32:42 AM
a Add-On mod that let you make Droid only colonies :).

• Same
  • Total expansion mod with the goal of using a suite of droids and androids to terraform a dead/toxic world for human population when?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Yoonic

Hello, I encounter something and do not know if this is a bug or intentional. It is that when I open the caravan screen, the picture showing my android colonist is kind of strange like the picture beneath.

[attachment deleted due to age]

AllenWL

Quote from: ChJees on September 07, 2018, 11:32:42 AM
Hehehe, Droid only colony. Droids are mainly meant to supplement labor shortage early to mid-game. But Saint of Grey (Can find em on my Discord for now) is working on a solution to this with a Add-On mod that let you make Droid only colonies :).
I am here to say, a droid only colony is feasible with just the Android mod and some scenario tweaking.
The base scenario I used was the sole mechanic scenario that comes with the mod.
What I did with it was:
1. Unlock all research. Necessary as droids can't research. Probably not a very well balanced, but considering how A: All food-related research is redundant B: Most item(armor, weapons, etc)-related research are unusable due to the droid's low crafting and C: Most comfort/medical related research is redundant, I'd say it's not too OP or anything.
2. Disable every scenario that A: requires social skill B: requires animal skill C: has something join the colony

Right now, the colony is consists of 7 combat droids and 14 worker droids for a total of 21 droids. We outnumber most raids and haven't had a problem with them so far.
Components are sort of a problem, but turned out to be less of a problem than I'd originally thought.
While we can't make any ourselves, mining out the entire map turned up enough to build around a dozen droids or so including 3 combat droids, and falling spaceship fragments give about 8~9 components per piece, which isn't bad either.
Finally, I tried raiding a nearby outlander settlement. I sent 6 combat droids and 2 worker droids, and they won with just 1 combat droid as a casualty. After the worker droids dismantled the base, we managed to get 50+ components and a new mortar.
The only problem I can see is that while I'm not desperate for components, I still use tons and don't really have any to spare for 'expendables'. However, with some of the earlier generations of droids showing signs of wear, I'm eventually going to have to start making droid repair kits, and I'm not sure if I could secure enough components for those needs as well if it ever becomes a problem.
Anyways, point is, I feel an android-only colony is largely possible as it is now because all the things androids can't do, androids generally don't need to do. For example, the fact that androids can't make good weapons is countered by the fact that they're armored, never suck at shooting/stabbing things, and can loot weapons from defeated raiders.

The only things I wished might have been changed was:
1. Combat droids seem a bit too expensive. While their combat powers are definitely amazing, they cost over twice the components a worker droid has for way less usage. I mostly found myself printing 2 worker droids and arming the both rather than printing one combat droid more often than not. I think lowering the cost of combat droids, having worker droids unable to do violence, and having combat droids have a bit less armor/skill to account for the cheaper cost would be better. As of now, worker droids seem a bit too jack-of-all-trades-y
2. The caravan doesn't calculate a droids power needs at all, so it's really hard to calculate if your droids have enough power for a trip. Last time I sent a droid caravan, I had to send another one to meet them halfway on the way back to resupply them because they ran out of fuel. The game also didn't warn me they were running out of fuel until one droid died of a power shortage, which was annoying as well.

Not sure if you really need to mod anything for a droid-only colony. I mean, I guess you could add a crafting-focused droid for crafting components or a research-droid so you could research things the 'good old' way, but I don't really think it's all that needed.

LonerStarz

rawrfisher

@Allen  While its not gonna fit with an All droid colony you could add Misc robots and ++ to it which would eliminate alot of the crafting issues. 
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Ncates1234

So umm, is there an EPOE patch out anywhere? I couldn't find it. Probably I'm just blind.

Michalec

Getting this in B19 on 19.2009

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Androids.HarmonyPatches ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Harmony.HarmonyInstance' from assembly '0Harmony, Version=1.2.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Severik

Hi, i found an irritating error. Droids do lose experience instead of gaining it while doinga job. I dont know what happened, i didnt change a single thing and it happens in all saves. Dies anyone know this phenomenon?

AllenWL

Quote from: Severik on October 07, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Hi, i found an irritating error. Droids do lose experience instead of gaining it while doinga job. I dont know what happened, i didnt change a single thing and it happens in all saves. Dies anyone know this phenomenon?
Droids shouldn't be losing or gaining experience at all.
Do you have any mods that might mess with exp gain?

Severik

Quote from: AllenWL on October 08, 2018, 06:25:36 AM
Quote from: Severik on October 07, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Droids shouldn't be losing or gaining experience at all.
Do you have any mods that might mess with exp gain?

well yes they shouldnt get any XP but losing some is even worse.... i dont think i have any mods that do something to XP gain. its my second play thru in this setting with only "deep Rim" getting added and it worked for one play thru and about 20 days of the one im on now.

i gave the the trait "fast leerner" with dev mode to compensate the XP loss so i can play while im looking for a solution.

i first noticed the XP loss when one of my droids was doing nothing despite the mass of mining work to do.

here is a list of all the mods i have installed:

Alien Race framework
Allow Tool
Androids
Anesthetic Gun
Animalö Accessory
Better social Skills
Cleaning Area
Collapser
Colony Manager
Dead Mans Clothing
Deep Rim
Easily Craftable Components
EPOE
Genetically Engineered Plants
Genetic Rim
Glittertech
Glitterworld Prime
Hugs Lib
Impassable Map Maker
Infinite Storage
Jecs Tools
Mend and Recycle
Miniaturisation
Mining Priority
Misc_Core
Misc_Robots
Misc_TurretBase
Misc_WeaponRepair
Misc_BeeAndHoney
Naturte is Beautiful
Profitable weapons
Rimfactory
QualityBuilder
QualitySurgeon
Questionable Ethics
Rimatomics
RimFridge
Rimsenal
Rimsenal_Security
Rimworld-Schields
RT_Fuse
RT_SolarFlareShield
Safely Hidden Awaay
StackXXL
Turret Expansion
Vegetable Garden
Weapon Storage
What the Hack

BrotherCavalier

I'm getting what seems to be the same error as Michaelc posted. The only mods listed are Core, Human Ailen Races 2.0 and Androids. The in-game effect is that droids have the rest need and behave like colonists. I am running the 0.19.2009 64bit version of RimWworld. Any suggestions?

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Androids.HarmonyPatches ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Harmony.HarmonyInstance' from assembly '0Harmony, Version=1.2.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()