[1.0] Wandering Caravans (v2.4.1) [10/08/19]

Started by general2231, October 16, 2017, 11:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Just out of curiosity is the download link updated? I haven't tried the mod out yet, but when extracting it, it says the last time the file was modified was November 22. Is that not correct, or am I just being overly cautious? Thanks!

general2231

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 23, 2017, 10:27:23 AM
Just out of curiosity is the download link updated? I haven't tried the mod out yet, but when extracting it, it says the last time the file was modified was November 22. Is that not correct, or am I just being overly cautious? Thanks!

Every time I update the mod on Dropbox I just drag the most recent .rar file into my files, which overwrites the previous .rar (old mod version) because they have the same name, which apparently doesn't change the date modified (Dropbox bug maybe). Also, the date modified is in the UK format (11th December, not 22nd November), just so you know :)

I just downloaded the .rar from the link on this page and it downloads the most recent version, so its just a Dropbox issue, enjoy :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

Owner of G223 Productions

My mods:
Wandering Caravans

Harry_Dicks

I understand the nuance of different date formats, but 11-22 could only mean one date, since there aren't 22 months in the year ;)

general2231

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 23, 2017, 10:57:34 AM
I understand the nuance of different date formats, but 11-22 could only mean one date, since there aren't 22 months in the year ;)

Oops, my mistake, for me it says 11/12/17 so I just got confused thinking 11th meant November. Enjoy the mod anyway :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

My mods:
Wandering Caravans

Mr_Man

Having an issue where enabling this mod stops me from being able to generate new worlds. Here's the error:

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named WanderingDromedary found to give to Verse.PawnKindDef WanderingDromedary
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind()
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named WanderingMuffalo found to give to Verse.PawnKindDef WanderingMuffalo
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind()
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor()

This sequence repeated 5 times in the log. Thanks!

Kori

Mr_Man when looking at the CE thread you seem to have a lot of mod incompatibilities. I'm playing with wandering caravans for a long time now and never got this error.

Mr_Man

Yeah... I've had to uninstall the game and install individual mods one by one. Will try this again and see what's going on.

RyanRim

What kind of mod incompatibilities would be possible with this mod though? Cant really think of anything, running smooth for me. Really nice mod.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

TryB4Buy

I like this mod. But even if it only fired in rare circumstances, its essentially like getting a trader you can attack without worry (save man-hunter). This makes it an 'easy mode' mod. It trivialized my ice sheet run with free meat. I won't be using it in its current form next time.

general2231

Version 2.3.5 of Wandering Caravans is now released!
Hey guys, sorry I have been inactive on this forum, I've moved on to many more projects since I stopped releasing new versions of this mod. Keep in mind I will always keep updating this mod so it remains playable with the latest Rimworld versions, so enjoy Wandering Caravans for Beta 19 :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

My mods:
Wandering Caravans

junchan

I was wondering what, if anything I could do to make this mod spawn wandering caravans of pack animals from other mods.

For example.  If i have both this mod and More Monstergirls installed, would it be possible to somehow set things up so that included in the usual caravan animals (muffalos, dromedaries and alpacas) I could also get the pack animals from More Monstergirls to spawn too.

general2231

Quote from: junchan on September 11, 2018, 08:33:09 PM
I was wondering what, if anything I could do to make this mod spawn wandering caravans of pack animals from other mods.

For example.  If i have both this mod and More Monstergirls installed, would it be possible to somehow set things up so that included in the usual caravan animals (muffalos, dromedaries and alpacas) I could also get the pack animals from More Monstergirls to spawn too.

Hi, the mod allows any pawn to become a wandering caravan as long as they are a pack animal, which is defined in their XML data. For example, if you go look at the XML data for a muffalo, in it's race properties it has the string "<packAnimal>true</packAnimal>". The only way to allow More Monstergirls to spawn as wandering caravans is if they have this attribute; you could set this attribute yourself I don't know what consequences that will have on their texture/behavior etc. If you go ahead and try to edit the data then I hope it works out for you :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

My mods:
Wandering Caravans

junchan

Quote from: general2231 on September 12, 2018, 03:40:07 AM
Quote from: junchan on September 11, 2018, 08:33:09 PM

Hi, the mod allows any pawn to become a wandering caravan as long as they are a pack animal, which is defined in their XML data. For example, if you go look at the XML data for a muffalo, in it's race properties it has the string "<packAnimal>true</packAnimal>". The only way to allow More Monstergirls to spawn as wandering caravans is if they have this attribute; you could set this attribute yourself I don't know what consequences that will have on their texture/behavior etc. If you go ahead and try to edit the data then I hope it works out for you :)

Ah, if that's the case then there's no problem, since as I said previously that mod has pack animals and obviously that means that "<packAnimal>true</packAnimal>" is set in the XML.  Thanks.

Griphaha

Thanks for the mod man.... for some odd reason, one of my favorites, lol. Cheers

general2231

Quote from: Griphaha on September 12, 2018, 07:32:05 AM
Thanks for the mod man.... for some odd reason, one of my favorites, lol. Cheers

No problem, I appreciate it :)
"Last chance, Etrius"

My mods:
Wandering Caravans