Alpha 18 unstable test build is released

Started by Tynan, October 24, 2017, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

SpaceDorf

Thats quite a List of now obsolete Mods  ;D ;D ;D

and it sounds so awesome, that I'll be willing to launch steam this evening ..

Quote from: fluxfaraday on October 24, 2017, 06:00:44 AM
I pulled up the combat log and discovered that the Minotaur had picked up and equipped a sock

Holy Shit .. thats how he massacred your whole fortress !!
You should read up on the offensive power of Fluffy Wamblers.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

XeoNovaDan

Ser Kitteh

Remember to back up your screenshots, guys!

lighthoof

Quote from: Daimonin on October 24, 2017, 03:41:09 AM
Quote----Resurrector mechanite superdose

Is that... does that... that sounds like... a way to resurrect a dead pawn? Probably under some rather strict conditions (Or just super duper rare?)

Im really excited to see those new quests myself. More reasons to leave the base are always good.
Most likely, it will infect the pawn with luciferium. That's the least adequate price I can think of

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Crow_T

AWESOME! I look forward to more pain and suffering, destruction and rebuilding.  ;D

It looks like EMP mortars no longer exist, do the antigrain ones replace them in some way?
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Princetondog

Great update but you went overboard on cave generation

rjord2018

I love the caves..... started in an area with no harvestable food in the forest and had to head into the caves to harvest fungi which will keep my colonists going until first crops are grown.

Endoric

i will miss my mods... yet endure the long wait for their updates.

buts its good to play vanilla again

saulysw

Played for a few hours - no issues to report. Having a wonderful time, as usual. Great game, great game.

yannisk

Infestation will need tweaking. I like playing in mountainous regions (though never build inside mountains) and I strive to keep the 30 tile rule. With so many caves around, this is now impossible.

Maybe add as a prerequisite to be "inside".

Calahan

@ yannisk - Please read or re-read the OP, in particular the following extract (my underlining and bolding for emphasis).

Quote from: Tynan on October 24, 2017, 01:45:47 AM
Please only post feedback specific to things that are new in A18; long-standing issues, suggestions and discussions should not be posted here please.

TheMeInTeam

I certainly have reservations about the agency with tornadoes and some of the mental breaks.  We'll see how it works in practice though.

Grishnerf

all hail tynan lannister.  :P

seems to be the first update that includes "fluff" stuff.

i like.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist