[0.18.1700] Can't name settlement

Started by dismar, October 24, 2017, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

The event to name the settlement /group never comes. When I use dev tools to force it I get an error.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NeverPire

There was an issue with the ancient ruin problematic which had this consequence :
Further information in this thread :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33345.0

If the cause is the same, it's strange. It is supposed to be corrected for A18.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

MikeLemmer

I've gone an entire season on my new colony and it hasn't asked me for a faction/colony name yet. Is this working-as-intended?

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - This and the following 7 posts were split from the A18 feedback thread (and merged with an existing bug thread about this issue).

freemapa

Quote from: MikeLemmer on October 24, 2017, 06:30:06 PM
I've gone an entire season on my new colony and it hasn't asked me for a faction/colony name yet. Is this working-as-intended?

Now that you mention it, I noticed this, too.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: freemapa on October 24, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

Did you Save and Quit on your 2nd/3rd day, too? I suspect it's either a universal bug or it breaks you Save & Quit before it pops.

Nameless

Quote from: MikeLemmer on October 24, 2017, 08:17:29 PM
Quote from: freemapa on October 24, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

Did you Save and Quit on your 2nd/3rd day, too? I suspect it's either a universal bug or it breaks you Save & Quit before it pops.

This was a thing in A17 that is caused by mechanoids spawning in ancient ruins. It is suppose to be fixed in A18 though.

freemapa

I may have saved and quit too early - which is why I didn't think anything of it. But actually, come to think of it, I played long enough to get to my first raid, during which I captured a pawn, threw them in a makeshift, swampy, prison (my butchering hut) during a 54+ degree heat wave; causing them to quickly get heat stroke and an infected gunshot wound in their arm. Recruited them while still nearly dead, drug them into a proper medical bed in the cool part of the base, treated the infection (which got to 85% before immunity) and got them healed up. Now they're wandering around complaining of having no pants.

Add all that up - start of the game, raid, heat wave, infection healing - and it seems like the faction name prompt should have triggered at some point. I'm positive I didn't save/quit during this time. I mean, not a big deal really, but when I saw someone else mention it, I thought I should back up the observation.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: freemapa on October 24, 2017, 09:01:17 PM

I may have saved and quit too early - which is why I didn't think anything of it. But actually, come to think of it, I played long enough to get to my first raid, during which I captured a pawn, threw them in a makeshift, swampy, prison (my butchering hut) during a 54+ degree heat wave; causing them to quickly get heat stroke and an infected gunshot wound in their arm. Recruited them while still nearly dead, drug them into a proper medical bed in the cool part of the base, treated the infection (which got to 85% before immunity) and got them healed up. Now they're wandering around complaining of having no pants.

Add all that up - start of the game, raid, heat wave, infection healing - and it seems like the faction name prompt should have triggered at some point. I'm positive I didn't save/quit during this time. I mean, not a big deal really, but when I saw someone else mention it, I thought I should back up the observation.

This is how you get zombies....

Anyways, if you want to see if it is the A17 bug, find the ancient danger, open it, kill the mechs, and when the threat ends the name dialog will pop. I suggest you spawn support with the console.

I had it pop 3 years in in A17.

freemapa

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on October 24, 2017, 09:41:08 PM
Anyways, if you want to see if it is the A17 bug, find the ancient danger, open it, kill the mechs, and when the threat ends the name dialog will pop. I suggest you spawn support with the console.

Will do. If it pops, I'll submit a bug report.

freemapa

Quote from: freemapa on October 24, 2017, 09:48:30 PM

Nah, this wasn't it. Killed everything in the ancient danger and waited several game hours... unless it takes a day or two. But my 12 or so new pawns were causing so much confusion in the colony that I couldn't really wait much longer without taking time to give everyone proper beds, etc. If I do the test again I'll just banish them afterwards. :)

Nameless

Also does your music becomes permanent battle music as well?

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: freemapa on October 25, 2017, 12:56:33 AM
Quote from: freemapa on October 24, 2017, 09:48:30 PM

Nah, this wasn't it. Killed everything in the ancient danger and waited several game hours... unless it takes a day or two. But my 12 or so new pawns were causing so much confusion in the colony that I couldn't really wait much longer without taking time to give everyone proper beds, etc. If I do the test again I'll just banish them afterwards. :)
In the A17 version of the bug, the box opens up shortly after the combat music ends. Was the ancient danger insects or mechs. If it was insects then there might be a second one on the map.

MikeLemmer

I don't think it's Ancient Ruins; there's no visible ancient ruins and very few hills.

ison

Could anyone please upload a savefile where this is happening? I couldn't reproduce it.
The ancient temple bug should be already fixed.

@dismar The error looks like another bug. Could you upload your savefile?

//edit: nevermind, already fixed, thanks for reporting