[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsof69

Can the wargs become zombies ? because it would be cool if it can

SuperJeck

Hm. maybe i don't get it, but, for example, when my colonist got bitten in torso and the zombie infection grew up to "extreme" but after that nothing happend. Should he turn into zombie or he should turn in some time? Because i'll have to treat his infection every time, that is quite sad and time-consuming. Did i miss something?

Temeez

Quote from: SuperJeck on June 18, 2015, 07:56:37 AM
Hm. maybe i don't get it, but, for example, when my colonist got bitten in torso and the zombie infection grew up to "extreme" but after that nothing happend. Should he turn into zombie or he should turn in some time? Because i'll have to treat his infection every time, that is quite sad and time-consuming. Did i miss something?

Did the colonist get 100% immunity?

Justin C

Quote from: SuperJeck on June 18, 2015, 07:56:37 AM
The infection should eventually kill the colonist. If you treat him it will take longer to kill him, but he should eventually die from it.

Nurichbin

Do the zombies die from starvation after some time? because i got some trapped behind my base and i want to know if i have to deal with them personally ^^

Justin C

Quote from: Nurichbin on June 19, 2015, 10:47:55 AM
Do the zombies die from starvation after some time? because i got some trapped behind my base and i want to know if i have to deal with them personally ^^
Nope. They stick around until someone kills them. :P

Daman453

Doesn't seem to be working! I made a new world and i started it in the mod menu. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Daman453 on June 21, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
Doesn't seem to be working! I made a new world and i started it in the mod menu. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

You have to explain what isn't working. You have to activate the mod, then make a new world with the mod active and then create a new colony on the new world with the mod still active. Then again, if you have other mods you have to tell us which ones.

lord rabies

I wish the zombies could break walls and doors tho, right now they're too easy to trick.. I can use my inner court and they dont get agroed on me, so basicly all that happens is if I get sieged/raided the zombies take care of it while I can just go on my own business (I do have the weapon crafting mod tho and the walls you can shoot through, so basicly I just have shooting practise once in a while).

Justin C

Quote from: Daman453 on June 21, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
It now takes a few days for the zombie outbreak to kick in. The event should fire within a day or two of naming your colony, and then you will see the "Zombie Virus Active" that was there from the start in previous versions.

If it's not working, make sure you activate the mod first and then create a new world and a new colony on that world afterwards.

Justin C

Quote from: lord rabies on June 21, 2015, 06:56:48 PM
I wish the zombies could break walls and doors tho, right now they're too easy to trick.. I can use my inner court and they dont get agroed on me, so basicly all that happens is if I get sieged/raided the zombies take care of it while I can just go on my own business (I do have the weapon crafting mod tho and the walls you can shoot through, so basicly I just have shooting practise once in a while).
Yeah, those walls that you can shoot through seem to make zombies ridiculously easy to deal with. I'm not going to balance the mod against other mods. I'm mostly concerned with how difficult they are to deal with in vanilla RimWorld.

Azrail

Don't know if this is already an implemented feature or not as i haven't had a chance to test it. But, if you have a bionic or artificial limb and its bitten are you still infected?
Shouldn't think so but I'm not a coder so I don't know how the script will work.

Justin C

Quote from: Azrail on June 21, 2015, 08:57:56 PM
Don't know if this is already an implemented feature or not as i haven't had a chance to test it. But, if you have a bionic or artificial limb and its bitten are you still infected?
Shouldn't think so but I'm not a coder so I don't know how the script will work.
Bionic limbs shouldn't get infected. But bionic limbs don't reduce the chance of infection, they will just change the location of the infection. So I guess bionic limbs could increase the chance of getting infected in a fatal location.

I'll have to look into making bionic limbs reduce the overall chance of getting infected.

Kaballah

There is still at least one zombie attack message that says "hoard" and not "horde".

Also, zombies are still pretty vulnerable to freezing to death.  This is a bigger deal now that ice sheet is an official biome and not just something you can mod in.

Dragoon

Quote from: Kaballah on June 22, 2015, 09:38:41 PM
Also, zombies are still pretty vulnerable to freezing to death.  This is a bigger deal now that ice sheet is an official biome and not just something you can mod in.

Being a zombie doesn't and should't make you more resistant to cold frostbite can still happen and since zombies don't have warm blood flowing though their bodies to keep them warm they would be at greater risk.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.