A17 Can Pirate factions be befriended

Started by XxDrinkBleachxX, November 15, 2017, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxDrinkBleachxX

Never attempted it personally because I enjoy stripping them, healing them and then after they recover from the lost lungs and kidneys turning the AC down to negative 30 Fahrenheight and watching them pay for the sin of attacking my colony, but can you befriend a pirate faction the same way as you can befriend other factions? IE releasing healthy prisoners?

CannibarRechter

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

CannibarRechter

It's a fairly simple mod, IIRC. I did it a while back, because I wanted all late game raids to be mechs. BTW, the last time I tested this was A14/A15, although looking at the Pirate faction def now, if I am understanding how it is written, then I'm correct for A17.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpookCrow

Nope even if you try to call them to improve their relationship, they will throw insults at you and abruptly hang up
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

lauri7x3

sure u can. even without mods. if u free prisoners with in full condition, the relationship will improve

Araxiel

Quote from: lauri7x3 on November 15, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
sure u can. even without mods. if u free prisoners with in full condition, the relationship will improve
I don't think that works with pirate factions.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Araxiel on November 15, 2017, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: lauri7x3 on November 15, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
I don't think that works with pirate factions.
It used to be a thing you could do, but now pirates are always hostile no matter what you do. Issue was people did this so they'd only get mechanoid raids, which are probably the most profitable raid for a mid-late colony due to the free plasteel and sycther blades.

gipothegip

I'm not sure about A 17 (I don't think they did), but I know for certain releasing prisoners doesn't do anything for pirate factions in A 18.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Kirby23590

No they don't, because...

They are space pirates! releasing prisoners back to them doesn't help or improve relations with them.
They are just here to stab you and kill stuff and loot your colony for their personal joy! Releasing them back to em' means that they will have their revenge against the colony...

They're hard coded to be hostile to you... always there to kill your poor colonists. Unless you have some mod or modified them that makes them friendly.
In the XML faction code they this tag in that makes them permanently hostile towards you and the most of the factions including other pirate factions. <appreciative>false</appreciative>

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Mutineer

My personal advice is to capture them and use them to train your medics by instaling peg legs and then realising them. They will be back, but a bit slower then before.

sadpickle

What happens if you eradicate all their settlements? Do they stop raiding, or does the faction vanish? Nothing?

Quote from: Shadow_SlayerX on November 15, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Nope even if you try to call them to improve their relationship, they will throw insults at you and abruptly hang up
Just like my ex-wife...

Kirby23590

Quote from: sadpickle on November 16, 2017, 08:46:06 PM
What happens if you eradicate all their settlements? Do they stop raiding, or does the faction vanish? Nothing?
Testing in on the 5% world with one pirate base there with dev mode...

And throwing every mechanoids in there... And destroying their last base, yup eradicating them from the planet does make them not raid you at all, and further testing that the raids were replaced by the only hostile tribe and then making them friendly only to be replaced by a mechanoid hive instead... In the faction tab the pirate's name has (defeated) underneath their goodwill, meaning they will never show up! never!

But removing the pirates face's from the rimworld by destroying their last base makes them homeless and they probably didn't survive the wilderness, meaning they ran into a giant horde of manhunting yorkshires or they were too disorganized and only self-destructed by doing what pirates do best. But some smart surviving members ran into nearby outlander vilages taking in disguises as friendly wanderers joining in. Well now you know...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.