[B18] Kirby's Hats & Helmets [11/25/2017 Release - Riot helms & Round Helms!]

Started by Kirby23590, November 25, 2017, 03:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

What?
A very small mod that add two hats or rather helmets into the game. Currently it's only two helmets for now.
This mod has...

• - Round helmets. Based on the WWI & WWII brodie helmet. A cheaper version of the simple helmet, but it has a small amount of defense and lacks psychic protection against psychic drones.
    Stats: Cost to make, 50 Metal stuff. Work to make, 75. Armor - Sharp 22%, Blunt 24%. Stat offsets - Movement Speed -0.02%
  • - Riot helmets. Protects the entire face when wearing it. It's somewhere in the line of the advanced helmet and the power armor helmet. but unlike the power armor helmet it has better protection against blunt attacks but the sharp armor is in the same value with the advanced helmet though.
    Stats: Cost to make, 75 Metal stuff, 4 Components, 10 Plasteel. Work to make, 367. Armor - Sharp 40%, Blunt 42%. Stat offsets - Movement Speed -0.06%

The helmets from this mod were meant to be released with a weapon mod i was making. Only the helmets are only thing i can easily throw into B18 since the combat has been changed and revamped.
And the graphics from the mod are meant to fit into the game art style.

Important!
-This mod can be added into a ongoing save. but make sure you make a backup first!

-This mod also adds a patch. Only for the advanced helmet and the power armor helmet. Don't worry it's only for it's commonality! Since the riot helmets albeit weaker than the power armor helmet can also take the role of protecting against headshots! So the power armor helm and the riot helm are going to share the same commonality [ 1.4 ].
While the advanced helmet has been less common with the two new helmets including the vanillas helmets. because of this, it has been made to be a bit more common in raids [ 1.2 commonality].

Screenshots!

Oh hey it's fontaine from bioshock :p

Download Link
B18 Google drive : Click Me!

Changelog
V1.0 - Release.

Feel free to modify it for your personal needs if you like.
But if you want to use this in your modpack and to modify them to the public, ask me first and please put me in the credits as well putting a link to this mod.

If you found this mod interesting or you liked this mod. then check out my other mods! 
- Playable settlers & scenario! [B18/A17]

Credits:
Tynan Sylvester and ludeon for creating this great game and for the art core which i modified with to make the helmets with.
GIMP which is the program that i used to make the helmets with.
My family and my dogs and friends for keeping me happy and focused.
The font being used is Harlow Solid Italic. just to let you know ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ohdeer

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kirby23590

Making the graphics for the Riot Helmet was a challenge for me, Since i was using GIMP with a mouse using some of my pixel art knowledge that i learned, and used the RimWorld Core Art using the Kevlar helmet's textures ( Before it was called the Advanced helmet ) as a template for the Riot Helmet. Drawing the front and the back was alright and fine. But drawing the side view of the Helmet was something like an challenge and was kinda tough.

After making it and making some edits to it and trying to make it fit into the game's art style until i was satisfied. 

And making sure in-game that the helmet is not off the character's head or misaligned.

In the end results, All i can say that i'm happy and kind of proud what i made. :)

Thanks!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.