Bug with AI

Started by reisman17, June 01, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reisman17

Just downloaded the new version tonight and although there are lots of goodies in this patch there seems to be something wrong with the firefighting AI. To give you an example I had lightning hit my base and some walls and battery caught fire. My 4 colonists totally ignored the fires and keep doing other things. The battery and walls got so bad that they exploded. I opened up the character screen to make sure they all have firefighting checked (they did) but they are definitely not responding to fires properly. This is the only bug seem so far although it is a pretty big one. Thanks for your hard work. I am really enjoying your game more and more. Hope you can fix this soon.

Reisman17

reisman17

And just to clarify I did have the area set as my home zone. Thanks.

Reisman17

ItchyFlea

I'm unable to reproduce this. Could you post the savefile with this bug occurring?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

reisman17

OK i am sorry for the late reply - have been playing and have not been hit by lightning however I did experience a bug with fire still. This time the scenario was that my colony got attacked by a enemy with a grenade launcher (the one that when it hits produces a four/six way circle of fire around the area it hit at). I was able to kill the enemy (with difficulty) but my team members would not put out the fires and they got worse. Unfortunately when I stopped to save it started to rain and put the fires out and only then did my team members venture out to put the last few remaining fires out. I hope you can track this down. If you need any further info please let me know. I will be home a good portion of tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in figuring this out.

Reisman17

ItchyFlea

Next time this occurs, please save the game and post it here. Also include all 5 autosaves, as they may also help narrow down the exact cause. It's highly likely that those saves will be to large to post here, even when zipped. If that's the case, upload them somewhere (I use Mediafire) and post the download link here.

No worries about the late replies, as I've also been busy playing the game in my free time. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

Thank you for the saves. Unfortunately even with the saves I'm unable to reproduce the bug. The colonists are reacting to fires correctly on my end.
Perhaps another tester will have better luck at reproducing the bug.

drb89

I gave it a try as well and couldn't reproduce your problems. From your Rimville-save, as soon as I un-drafted the colonists, they took very good care of the fire. Also made some additional fires, but still can't find any problems.

iame6162013

what version of rimworld is this?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

drb89