[B19] Longer precious lump time limit + resource spawn in encounters.

Started by Pwnna, December 12, 2017, 12:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwnna

This mod basically extends the precious lump time limit to 30 days as opposed to the original 10 days. I always find that in 10 days I can't get enough things mined with deep drilling before I'm forced to leave. 30 days should be enough as a precious lump is generated every 30 days.

This is my first mod. The operations is really simple, just a PatchOperation on the XML. Maybe in the future, I'll figure out how to make this configurable (along with all the other world sites).

**Updated for B19**
This mod is now updated for B19. With B19, Rimworld no longer generates resources on encounter maps. This means if you want to transport the precious resources like steel/jade back, it becomes very difficult as you either have to caravan back, or you have to send steel to the temporary map to build launch pods, whereas previously you can try to get resources locally. This mod reverts the behavior such that resources still spawn in encounter maps in addition to lengthening the time. Ideally, this should only spawn some steel, but then the mod will have to be much more sophisticated.

Ozymandias

Thanks a lot for this. In the same vein of things, would you happen to know how to increase the chunk drop probability to 100% for each tile mined? I like to build massive bases, and run out of blocks far too quickly.

Pwnna

Quote from: Ozymandias on December 12, 2017, 08:21:18 PM
Thanks a lot for this. In the same vein of things, would you happen to know how to increase the chunk drop probability to 100% for each tile mined? I like to build massive bases, and run out of blocks far too quickly.

I'm not sure about this. AFAICT it is definitely nowhere near where the code that defines the duration for the encounters.

Pwnna

This mod is updated for B19. B19 do not generate additional resources on encounter maps other than the precious lump itself. This mod reverts that behaviour back to the B18 model, such that you can mine basic resources like steel to create launch pods.