[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Is it strange, that my only concerns about the storage is that 1x1 feels to small ?

building the textile storage was the best thing ever for me.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Don't you know the Kiame's excuse ? :-)
He isn't an artist and don't got nice textures for all his projects.
But with the energy cost, i feel this a bit balanced even with the 1x1 size.

But like i mention at the textilstorage, you just can expand the size by yourself :-)

Edit:
Another Issue.
I just notice a constructor only request the items for the current blueprint.
But when build a wall or floors this is very annoying. He just get the material for 1 wall step and can't deliver material to the other segments.
This will cause him to move alot.

Similar issue for crafting.
Want to craft a shield belt, 50 plasteel/50 uranium/ 6 comp.
The storage got 230 plasteel/140 Uranium/57 comp.
But can't craft, say "need material".

Kiame

Oh good catch about the walls... hmm i'll need to look into that.

I had noticed that at times more resources than needed were getting dumped. Haven't seen the issue that they cant take the items though.

Just an fyi i probably won't be too productive today, got a nasty stomach virus last night so taking it easy today.

I've also seeen that pawns are favoring infinite storage even with lower priority. I need to figure out what's going on there...

SpaceDorf

I report that I successfully switched from Textile and Bodypart Storage to Infinite Storage
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kiame

Update:
Haulers will now take items to the proper places instead of always the infinite storage

Looking into the minified items problem next

Kiame

Update:

Minified things can now be stored in Infinite Storages

Next up i'll probably look at having a max stack spawn when a wall or door is being made.

Canute

QuoteNext up i'll probably look at having a max stack spawn when a wall or door is being made.
Don't forget floors and furnitures.
You should allways drop a stack if a material is requested.
Don't forget material request for crafting currently don't work too.

Minified works now, but Appareal/weapons still get thrown out.

Edit:
Something is wrong with the mass calculation.
I notice my light is flickering again, because of low powergrid but i just enable another generator shortly.
I just empty the Inf. storage, and it suck it up shortly and needed less power then before.
After loading a safegame the mass get new calculated, then it allways works. I think this happen when you running it a longer time with serveral in/outputs of the storage.

Kiame

Thanks for the continued feedback Canute!

I am doing more testing now to make sure it all seems to be working and I'll get another update out shortly.

I think i have the other points covered now save for the mass calculation. I'll keep watching for when i may get off.
To make sure this mod does not add too much overhead CPU wise I've decided to update the calculation on each add/remove. I've double checked my add/remove methods and i think i found the culprit

Kiame

Update:
-Weapons and Apparel can now be stored correctly
-Corpses can no longer be stored. Any corpses that were stored will be next to the Infinite Storage they were in.
-Weight calculations should (hopefully) be correct. Let me know if it seems off still.
-When requesting a resource for building buildings (walls, doors, floors, etc) at least a stack of the requested resource will be dropped
-Rewrote how bill ingredients are removed - should be much better now!
-Added an 'Apply Filters' button. After changing the filters for an Infinite/Textile/Body Part filter, hit this button to have items that no longer match get dropped to the floor

I'm still debating the last one. I want to keep this mod as light as possible on the cpu and there's no easy way to tell when the storage settings are changed w/o doing a less than trivial compare (also uses more memory).  To that end I decided to go the manual route of a button to press after updating the storage settings.

Depending on feedback I'm thinking any filtered items will first try to be placed in other Infinite/Textile/Body Part storages on the map and if they cannot then they'll be put on the ground.

Canute

The extra button isn't realy needed.
After i changed the filter setting, i just click empty&collect.

QuoteI'm thinking any filtered items will first try to be placed in other Infinite/Textile/Body Part storages on the map and if they cannot then they'll be put on the ground.
I don't think they should transfered, i am against these kinds of cheats.
Just drop them on ground, and let the hauler do the job.
I think one TARDIS is enough each colony.

Canute

Me again,
Weapons still geting thrown out. I got 2 clubs and 1 minigun laying next to it, and no weapon stored.
When i press collect they got scooped in, and geting  thrown out.

Appareal works fine so far.
Crafting and construction looks good.
Priority works for haul to storage.

But it never get hauled out of the storage to a stockpile.
Like when you want some small forward stockpiles for far away constructions, or just some stockpiles for weapon/appareal next to the door.
Hauler never take stuff out of the storage to fill any stockpiles.

Further request,
could you maybe add subcategories for the "view storage" window ?
At last the main categories would be useful.
And maybe a search box.

Edit:
And another issue i found.
When you create a caravan, items at the storage don't appear at the caravan selection.

And one thing i notice, since appareal is working now.
The sorting at the "view storage" is alphabetic, but this don't include the material of the appareal.
Racoon leather bowler hat is before components.

I am notice the Textile storage from this mod, droping textiles and i don't see any crafter/constructor that use them.
The textile storage will collect all after a while, and start to drop them again.
Infinity storage is exclude for textiles.
I don't saw this before this release.

Some idea about the power/storage managment.
The inf. storage only accept new items, when the powergrid got at last 100W free power, to prevent an overload of the storage.

Kiame

Yes the View window is still a work in progress  :)
I would like to have categories and find a better way to sort things. I had not thought of a search but that should be doable and helpful

I have not been able to reproduce the weapon collection issue. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Hauling out-of Infinite storage is something i will need to look into. It's currently a manual process of pause game->View->drop item to haul->tell pawn to haul->Collect

I'm having difficulty with caravans as the items are getting reclaimed as they're not getting reserved by pawns. I'm leaning toward haulting auto-collection until the caravan reaches the world map.

As for textile storage. This same thing was happening for other people w/ the other mod and I have yet to track it down. It seems like there is a process that keeps checking whether there's textiles available but never uses them.

I do like the power suggestion. Maybe i'll add that as a setting

Kiame

Update:
-Fixed an issue where pawns would try to use material stored in Infinite Storages in other maps
-Added a "Search" box to the View window
-Added a "Power Buffer" mod setting to prevent haulers from overloading Infinite Storage and causing brown-outs
-Items stored in Infinite/Textile/Body Part storages will now be available when forming caravans

Note: Until the pawns in the caravan either exit the map or are told to cancel the caravan, auto-collect will be turned off so that items can be collected.
If something goes wrong and the items are not collected, let me know and to start auto-collection again manually click the "Collect" button on the storages.

As of now if the Cancel button is used from the Form Caravan window, items will neither be collected nor will auto-collect turn on. This will likely remain the case for the time being due to limitations in modding tools. To correct this either manually select each Infinite/Textile/Body Part Storage and press the Collect button OR form a caravan then immediately cancel it by selecting a caravan-member pawn and use the Cancel Caravan button.

Canute

Just wanted to say, weapon stay at the storage now.

Kiame

Update:
-Infinite Storage will now drop a component when a tool needs to be fixed