What is going on in those tombs?

Started by Shurp, January 06, 2018, 01:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

I noticed my map shaking for no reason with no notifications, so I started looking around to see who was lobbing grenades and discovered a tomb on fire (see attachment).

Any idea how this happened?  I haven't poked my nose in yet but I figure either mechanoids or cryptopod pawns or both are shooting at each other inside.  Or maybe the pods are just spontaneously detonating?

Either way, flammable steel will soon reveal what's going on inside.  More to follow! :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Shurp

Oh, that's no fun... whatever happened in there, it's all gone.  There's just two lumps of gold, a psychic animal pulsar, and four concrete pads where cryptopods once stood.  No idea what did all of that.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Hans Lemurson

Maybe a drop pod crashed through the roof, but because it was an unrevealed location there was no notification, and a fight broke out between the invaders and the pod occupants which started a fire which grew hot enough to incinerate all the bodies?

Did you grab a save of when you first noticed something was going on so you could check it out in Dev-mode?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on January 06, 2018, 03:20:07 PM
Maybe a drop pod crashed through the roof, but because it was an unrevealed location there was no notification, and a fight broke out between the invaders and the pod occupants which started a fire which grew hot enough to incinerate all the bodies?

Did you grab a save of when you first noticed something was going on so you could check it out in Dev-mode?

I can't believe how logical and reasonable some people can sound! >:(

StoneWolf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 07, 2018, 03:59:58 AM
Quote from: Hans Lemurson on January 06, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

I can't believe how logical and reasonable some people can sound! >:(

Even when Rimworld is, seemingly, at its most illogical point, there is always someone who can explain the illogical logically. I guess that's an effect by the game. The game is so wast and contains so many different scenarios that what may seem impossible is actually explainable. That's one of the reasons why I love this game!

Shurp

Good point, I should have saved it... but it was probably too late already.  I didn't notice anything until the explosions, which were probably the cryptopods blowing up.  So the fire had already been burning a while.

glob

ArguedPiano

I once had lightning strike a pod (in an unexplored mountain), and it opened all the pods.

Although when this happened, the area immediately became visible, and I got to watch Mechanoids and Pirates fight it out in hilarious fashion.

The surviving pirates then dug a line straight into my base, but were quickly taken care of.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

khun_poo

I once got tornado on ancient danger. After it dissipate, I poke it and found a lot of corpse and loot. All cryptosleep casket  are in bad shape though.

Hans Lemurson

Given that:
Quote from: ArguedPiano on January 07, 2018, 07:55:45 AM
I once had lightning strike a pod (in an unexplored mountain)...the area immediately became visible

I agree that:
Quote from: glob on January 07, 2018, 06:11:10 AM
likely mechanoids and infestation

Although do we know for sure that Infestations would not reveal their location?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.