Keeping predators out of the light

Started by rjord2018, January 23, 2018, 07:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjord2018

For the Pitch Black mod I am working on I am adding the predator Bioraptors from the movie into the mod ..... and one thing I need these bioraptors to do is to sense the characters and move towards them but stay out of the light.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a mod that keeps creatures out of the light.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Maybe contact jecrell at his discord.
Basicly it is a similar behavior like vampire do , to stay out of the sun.

rjord2018

I am having a look at this event mod  for ideas..... Darkest night SK   
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907844006

Description of mod.
============
Darkest Night is an event mod for Rimworld, that will make your heart pounding much faster! A lot of impressions by SK Team, Guaranteed.
In this event darkness has come to Rimworld and with it, death.
Your colony must survive a darkness, so black, nothing can be seen. It is also inhabited by flesh craving creatures. No defenses can save your people. Only the light can keep them at bay.
Once the Darkest Night starts, you will be given a small window to prepare. How you prepare is up to you.
Will you huddle around a campfire or the kitchen lights while your battieries run dry?

Canute

Yeah, but thats not what you are looking for.
At these darkness event, alot of manhunting shadow's spawn, and they get damaged/destroyed by light.
They don't avoid the light, they run like Lemming's to you pawn.

wwWraith

1. Find some dark cell near target character (the closest one if it won't be very resource hungry).
2. Make your bioraptor move to this cell instead of that character.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

rjord2018

Quote from: wwWraith on January 23, 2018, 07:25:14 PM
1. Find some dark cell near target character (the closest one if it won't be very resource hungry).
2. Make your bioraptor move to this cell instead of that character.

I will have to work out how to do that.