[B18-1.0] Monster Mash (v4.0.4) (Changed Frameworks and Dependancies)

Started by ilikegoodfood, February 01, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikegoodfood

Quote from: wwWraith on February 18, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
I think about that as a method to narrow down the issue or get some other (hopefully more useful) error message :) For the latter you can also try to execute these operations outside any sequences at all. The reason I'm thinking about it is suspicions of some internal mechanics that work per file: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33656.msg343922#msg343922, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32874.msg381068#msg381068; I saw a more detailed info somewhere but can't find it now.

Also just found another interesting post: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33186.msg341261#msg341261 :)

I must be better at this than I think. It took a little patience, but it is now all fixed and released.
I've also spotted an error, already, so expect a hotfix shortly.

EDIT: False alarm on that bug...

EDIT 2: Do you know of a mod that plays about with spawner mechanics?
The only one I can think of is the TiberiumRim, and that is a very complex mod.
And why do I always have to set myself hugely complex creature designs..? That's a rhetorical question, it's because they're awesome...

ManagerZ

ilikegoodfood

ilikegoodfood

Judging by the state of my own, rather successful ironman save, I have accidentally broken any running game that includes an InferfonBeetle. It may also effect other monsters.

If you load a game using Monster Mash, pause immediately or quit without saving (ALT + F4 works on ironman), then reload the game paused. Using the dev tools, kill all monsters on the map (Inferno Beetle and Land Kraken).

The dev tools can be activated in the options menu, both in and out of game. A series of icons will appear over your character protraits,. The fourth from the left is labelled "Open debug actions menu".
Open it, and use the "Tool: Damage to death" button at the top of the central row. Then go to each monster in turn and click on them.

To anyone who has already lost a save as a result, I appologise for your loss.
I believe taht I know why the issue has arrisen and it shouldn't happen again.

EDIT: So much for successful. Everyone's dead.
May not have happened if I still had my three fully-trained Inferno Beetles, but oh well...

ilikegoodfood

The Combat Extended Patch is nothing but frustration.
It's wonderful when it works, but it makes some bizarre error reports and requires endless amounts of trial and error.

I have finished the Polar Colossus and I added it to the Combat Extended Patch and started performing tests on it again, only to discover that all of the Melee attacks are returning a null exception when trying to get the armorPenetration value and thus not working.
That is, all except for the Land Kraken's attacks, which work perfectly, but I genuinely can't find a difference between them.

Here's a link to the patch file again, it's now too large to add to a post, so if someone would lend me an eye, that'd be great.
Thanks.

When CombatExtended becomes officially available for B18, i'll have to rebuild it too. When that time comes I'll probably sub-divide it into separate files, imitating the way CombatExtended's own patches are built.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: ilikegoodfood on February 22, 2018, 11:44:32 AM
When CombatExtended becomes officially available for B18, i'll have to rebuild it too.

Didn't this just happen yesterday?

ilikegoodfood

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

It did? Okay, I suppose I'll just rebuild it then over the next few days.

ilikegoodfood

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 22, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

Oh, this is perfect. I just tested it using the new version of CombatExtended and everything worked flawlessly.
It's seems that the problem was at their end, not mine, so I'll get the update out soon.

Harry_Dicks

Not sure if it is of any help to you, but I was browsing Genetic Rim's source files and there is a ranged animal attack verb unlocker in there. Might be worth checking out!

ilikegoodfood

The ranged animal unlocker is actually a very simple and clever tool (I took a peak at the code using dnSpy).
How it works is that it gathers all of the verbs from the core game using a Harmony powered patch, filters them for those that contain the "ranged" property and then adds them to the list of available verbs for animals.
It then does the same for the behaviors, a slightly more complex step that I didn't look into.

Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make is, the animal range unlocker works perfectly, since it is essentially copying vanilla code into vanilla items. I don't imagine that different version, assuming Genetic Rim's isn't derived from the same one I'm using, will have any significantly different features, as they should all work in much the same way.

It's an interesting thing that I'll keep in mind, but am unlikely to look into further.

If you were refering to my previous frustrations with Combat Extended, that seem to have been to do with the fact that I was patching for the pre-release development version (with was rather unstable), now fixed and officially out, and was with the melee verbs rather than the ranged ones.

Either way, thanks for the information. It is interesting.

Also, on an un-related note, I'm taking a few days off, both from RimWorld and D&D5E prep, since I have been doing too much of both. Once I get back to it, knowing me that'll be sooner rather than later, I'll be re-configuring the ranged capabilities of the Polar Colossus and splitting out the Combat Extended Patch.
I suspect that the update will be out before Wednesday, as it's actually fairly simple, but don't hold me to that.

Monster Mash now also has a monster for every biome.
After that, I'm not sure if I'll try and invent another monster or if I'll contact the developers of the Tiberium mod to ask about spawn mechanics for the multi-organism organism idea. Their mod makes heavy use of them.

Harry_Dicks

Alright, wasn't sure. I honestly haven't been reading all of the posts on this thread that in depth, and wasn't sure if you were still having any issues with it. I was just browsing the files for it and saw that, and it made me think of you :)

See, you've already got a special place in my heart! :P I just wanted to throw it out there that I guess there are other ranged animals in Genetic Rim, and thought it might help to have some other reference material if you were still having issues.

ilikegoodfood

Versions 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 are now both out.

That includes changing the Polar Colossus' ranged attack from a triple-shot incendiary attack to a single sniper-accurate, high damage single shot weapon, more akin to the charge lance it's based on.
The CombatExtended patches have now been split into individual sub-patches, which should make it all easier to read and bugfix.
Three new mechanical body parts have been added to the Polar Colossus. Unfortunately, I can't connect the ranged attack verb to a body part group, so they're entirely aesthetic in nature.

Harry_Dicks

Minor suggestion: give your mod a base folder that it extracts to when downloading from DropBox.

ilikegoodfood

The program I use is set to create one by default when un-ziping, so I tend to find that annoying, but you're right that that's a choice with my setup and it will effect others differently.

Fixed.