"Dismiss Trader" context menu button

Started by Harry_Dicks, February 14, 2018, 07:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Super simple idea. Something I've thought about for a bit. When I hit a certain point maybe around late middle game, I will have to be calling in bulk trade caravans from my allies 24/7 to buy steel or components or whatever. This means that I will almost always have around 1-3 trade caravans on my map, just putzing around. They may be programmed to not take up that much CPU, but I am usually playing on the threshold of what I will still find acceptable performance. This means that every little bit counts. If I can get rid of anything extra on my map that I don't need anymore, that's unnecessary, then I will do so without a second thought.

When you right click the trader on your map, and it brings up the context menu, could we have a new entry to "Dismiss Trader" please? :)

Alerter

I remember similar topic named "let me alert a faction that their caravan should evacuate due to danger". Although you have another reason to add this feature, it still would be nice to have such option in RimWorld.

Dargaron

First off, +1 to the idea: especially when playing modded games with Lovecraft stuff, but even in Vanilla, I'd really like to be able to tell traders "Go away, there's like, fifty angry squirrels that want to eat your face!"

Maybe there could be two parts to the feature: You can tell already-present traders to go away by talking to the leader of the caravan, but the Comms Console could also have a toggle on it labeled "Hazard Warning" that, while active, would stop traders from entering the map. That way, you wouldn't have to send a pawn out to tell some newly-arrived visitors to GTFO while waiting out a Manhunter Pack.

gipothegip

I agree, the ability to dismiss a caravan would be welcome.

I dislike it when they just hang around and make a mess out of everything as their pack animals wander through the hospital not giving a damn.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?