Caravan Glitch

Started by tymur999, February 17, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymur999

For some reason, when I make a caravan during the Winter -- where there are no plants to eat -- my food constantly starts to disappear. When I go out, somewhere half-way it says I ran out of food, even though I calculated every correctly (hopefully). I'm not sure, but do pack animals or colonists just eat the food reserved for the caravan, or they consume what is actually remaining in the colony?

Also, do bedrolls work as portable beds during caravans, meaning people don't get the "slept on floor" debuff when using the bedroom during a caravan, or do they just keep it in their inventory?

Lys

Quote from: tymur999 on February 17, 2018, 09:44:37 PMI'm not sure, but do pack animals or colonists just eat the food reserved for the caravan, or they consume what is actually remaining in the colony?
Uh, what do you mean by that? Why wouldn't the caravan eat the food that is "reserved" for it? If pack animals can not graze due to winter, then yes they will also eat your food.
The most common mistake is to forget that the food can rot. You will only want to carry survival meals or pemmican if you need to make long trips. I think it is currently bugged that the food rots during winter (when the temperatures are actually below freezing) but if I remember correctly it will be fixed for future patches. (Looked it up from what I remembered: this thread)

Regarding bedrolls, their only purpose on a caravan currently is if you make a stop somewhere and want to plop it down manually.

Canute

Bedrolls don't count toward your caravan members comfort, but they don't mention about this anyway.
But you should have some joy drugs like beer/joints.