Multi Level Building

Started by DerpFaceCake, February 21, 2018, 03:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerpFaceCake

So i've been thinking and i wonder if anyone has any plans to mod/incorporate the idea of RimWorld having multiple levels of building? What i mean is something such as being able to build buildings with more than 1 floor up and the idea of having a basement or being able to build a skyscraper? It would be nice to see that you can start building upwards instead of expanding outwards. I have several ideas for balance such as building upwards needing a hefty amount of research that increases exponentially as you build taller and taller. And also the idea of having a mood boost/penalty when a colonist is standing on a floor high up (The implementation of new character traits such as acrophile or acrophobic), or you could even make it so that there is a risk that the floors above may collapse and kill colonists of the supports fail (like the roof system). I do agree that it may take a lot of effort to code something like this into the game but im asking for the developers or any mod creator to consider this idea. ;D

Bolgfred

I guess you didn't use the search.

Don't want to be negative, but there are many threads around this topic, and in the suggestions thread it's the secodn entry in the "no way" section: >>View here<<
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Calahan

Do you know, I've started to think for some time now that there's a direct correlation between people who suggest Z-Levels and Multiplayer, and that person's inability to use the search function. Or maybe it's just selective memory on my part due to how many of such threads I have to lock/merge.

@ DeepFaceCake - Z-Levels / multiple level building have been suggested to death. There's even a thread on the 1st page of the suggestion forum right now for this suggestion (that you clearly failed to notice). Plus this suggestion is not happening in the base game, and I'd say never happening in the base game ever. The only chance this has is if there is a RimWorld2 (but even then I wouldn't put money on it happening).

We do not need yet another thread regarding a suggestion that is never going to happen, and one which already has several other open threads for discussion (for those who like wasting their time). Thread locked.

Please use the search function in future to check for existing suggestion threads before creating a new one, and especially take time to check the threads on the first few pages!