[MOD] (Alpha 5) Giant Boars Mod

Started by XanderDox, July 22, 2014, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XanderDox

Giant Boars Mod
This Mod adds one new creature, the Giant Boar. It is a large mammal, and when I say large, I mean rivalling Muffalo in size, it can be hunted, butchered and cooked into the three regular meals, and into a special "Boar Stew" . It is a solitary creature and can be found roaming the shrublands alone.
Please be sure to comment any suggestions/questions/bugs you have! I'm more than happy to respond!

Download Button

Planned Features
-Make a smaller Boar race

Kudos to Shinzy for designing the texture of the Boar!
Kudos to Jamieg for designing the texture of the Stew!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
For those who don't know, this license basically means, you may use this Mod in a Modpack ect, but it may not be redistributed if it has been modified unless such modifications are either cleared with me, or are there to ensure compatibility with other Mods in the pack., you must also credit me and provide a link to this page on the Modpack release topic.

Minato

Somz

Yeah I like the model too but... I miss the boar's tusks. Why doesn't it have tusks? :D
But still, I think I'll wait 'til someone makes a 'pets' mod. Then for sure I want giant boars. Hell I want to ride them too. Ride and shoot, baby, like true raiders. :D
In any way, after squirrels, muffalos and boomrats, you could just talk with Tynan or his associates, this could be core Rimworld material. The boar texture, that is.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Shinzy

oh my god he's huge! haha
(maybe I should have scaled him down a notch *embarassed*)

Anyway! for such a pig (oh the puns) and rare creature, he drops very little meat
and the recipe in the oven (cook boar) threw me off a bit for cupla minutes
first off I tried to cook him in the corpse form (which shows how big of an idiot I can be sometimes =P)
then I realized it requires some potatoes aswell
so I'd find it nice if the recipe thing was called 'cook boar stew'
but this is just small nitpicking now so I'll get off your back!

I like this!

Edit: Attached .Zip file for Xander

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

XanderDox

Quote from: Shinzy on July 23, 2014, 01:54:23 PM
oh my god he's huge! haha
(maybe I should have scaled him down a notch *embarassed*)

Anyway! for such a pig (oh the puns) and rare creature, he drops very little meat
and the recipe in the oven (cook boar) threw me off a bit for cupla minutes
first off I tried to cook him in the corpse form (which shows how big of an idiot I can be sometimes =P)
then I realized it requires some potatoes aswell
so I'd find it nice if the recipe thing was called 'cook boar stew'
but this is just small nitpicking now so I'll get off your back!

I like this!

Yes, he turned out quite large, so I had to make do, so, woo, Giant Boars, I do need to configure the amount of meat he drops and the recipes label. Its on my list.

Lancer447

Woo, Shinzy has excellent texturing talent! Only... where's the tusks? Ah, well, a great mod that has good combined textures and xml stuffs. Awesome.

Got a question, though, XanderDox, is this creature carnivorous or have ya still not found out how to do that? Just wonderin'.
Outdated mods: Lancer's Mods Bundle.
Shamless advertising mods and stories... Penana.

XanderDox

Quote from: Lancer447 on July 24, 2014, 03:24:32 PM
Woo, Shinzy has excellent texturing talent! Only... where's the tusks? Ah, well, a great mod that has good combined textures and xml stuffs. Awesome.

Got a question, though, XanderDox, is this creature carnivorous or have ya still not found out how to do that? Just wonderin'.

I'm still trying to figure it out, once I learn C# it shouldn't be too hard. But until then, its Omnivorous, it wont purposely kill other animals for meat, but it should eat raw meat on the ground ect..

XanderDox

Also, whoever else downloaded the "Pigs" textures, you need to ask Shinzy to use them, as him and I are the only people with rights to them. And my rights are only to use them in my mods :p . So yeah, check with him. He's Mr. Owner of em.