[MOD(s)] (Alpha 5) Lancer's Mods (Untalope, Dustrat, CO2 Generator, and more)

Started by Lancer447, July 14, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancer447

Lancer's Mods Bundle

I am on a current stalemate for mods due to life... problems? obstacles? ... life stuff, so I need someone to help XanderDox with texturing in the Creatures Galore mini/mod-modpack and join the team. That's... basically all. Thank you.

Waiting for the Antelopes mod to update? The Less Explosive Turrets mod, too? Are you looking for an alternative to the vanilla Geothermal Generator? Looking for a mod that makes boomrats non-explosive, but also make them more lore-appealing (such as changing their names n' such)? Do want to snipe enemies from afar while they try to mortar you without having to scavenge for or buy a sniper rifle? Did you think its odd that during raids, tribes don't have any slave fighters (there's bound to be a few)? Are you awesome?

If you answered 'no' to the last one, then you'd better get out of here. Go, shoo. For those of you that answer 'yes' to any of the above questions, I have your mod(s). (All pictures so far not included.)

Planned Mods with a 'modpack' mods-thingy!
**Color code: almost done, already started, just a thought.**
Gatling Gun Turret & Gunpowder Weapons
Hivemind Mechanoid Slaves
Wabbit Season!

Check out the Creatures Galore mini-modpack! It has a bunch of awesome creature mods (including untalopes and mockingsnakes!), all in one single place! GO! HURRY! Before it's too late!! No, wait, it's a trap! ... wut.

Untalope Mod

Adds a new creature: the untalope! This mod is still in the middle stages of development, as I'm too lazy to add custom sounds and such, so the untalopes currently sound like muffalos. Oh well, suck it up.

But hey, they have lore!

"The untalope descends from the antelope. It has grown to be taller than their neighbor muffalo, mainly because of the muffalo's competition. While the untalope may be tall, it is weaker than that of a muffalo. Say, compare a Lee-Enfield to a Desert Eagle. The rifle is good when dealing from afar, but the handgun is deadly in close-quarters combat. Untalopes are agile and evading, but muffalos are tough and head straight-on.

Untalopes travel in herds of around 50-100, so that they have strength in numbers. When they settle down for a while, they spread out in small herds of 5-10 in a large kilometer radius; near enough to each other just so that they can hear each others' cries and calls.

The untalope has two goat-ish-like horns, one longer and one more compact. The compact one it used as a mace and as a berry gatherer. They just hit a bush a few times and some berries fall out, and the hardness of the horn could fracture a human skull if one's not too careful. The longer horn is used as a sword of sorts, used to fend off predators with thick hides, or competitors such as the muffalo. The sharpness of the longer horn is deadly enough to be used as a genuine scythe. Untalopes have pinkish hides that are slightly resistant to fire, but it can't breathe out sweat. However, the untalope has small blue patches that sweat, keeping the body temperature stable.

There is a common child's story, the Three Willy Untalopes Bluff, where three untalopes- one shy untalope, one arrogant untalope, and one friendly untalope- try to cross a mountain valley controlled by the local Alpha Muffalo. They all end up dying horrible, bloody deaths and this teaches children... something?

There have been sightings of tribespeople walking with untalopes as pets, but that may just be a rumor. (Hint, hint.)"

Original idea from the outdated Antelopes Mod. You should also take a look at the Alpha Muffalo and Giant Boars mods for other kinds of creatures added to RimWorld.

Known issues:
-No spawning so far. At all. All fixed. However, Untalopes don't spawn on every new world. They will eventually come around, though, if not at first.
-Sound like muffalos. If anybody has some antelope/deer/elk/moose/ANYTHING sound files on them please send 'em to me. I don't want to have to surf the internet for those files... too much work.

Smaller Explosions for Turrets
Title says it all. Must I explain? ... Fine.

Improvised turrets, mortar turrets, and mortar incendiary turrets now only explode in a 1.3-block radius (three block diameter). Original idea from the outdated Less Explosive Turrets mod.

Works perfectly well.

Carbon Dioxide Generator
Adds the Carbon Dioxide Generator to the game. It gives an output of 475, and is a one-block building. It doesn't transmit power like a power conduit (to make things balanced). It costs 80 metal and 10 wood to make (cheap, eh?). The CO2 generator so far just has the geothermal generator texture.

You need to research the Hydroponics, Enhanced Plant Mimicry, and Oxygen Electricity Generator projects before being able to construct the CO2 electricity generator Enhanced Plant Mimicry and Oxygen Electricity Generator are projects in this mod. Both have to have 4000 research points to complete them.

I highly recommend the Atomic Power mod instead of this one. It's less cheaty.

Works perfectly well.

Dustrat Mod
This mod simply renames boomrats to 'dustrats' and removes the annoying explosion on death.

Works perfectly well.

Manned Sniper Turrets

This mod adds the Enhanced Sniper Nest, a manned turret that can shoot really far, but has a longer cooldown than regular turrets (and only one shot per burst (I think...)). To construct, you first need to research the Enhanced Sniper Tech project, then you have to have 300 metal. That's it.

Known issues:
-Graphics go to hell when a colonist mans the turret, and game crashes without clear warning and the game window stay open. If this happens, manually close the window, reopen RimWorld, and load a save before the manning of the turret.

Tribal Slaves n' Slavers
Tribal Slaves n' Slavers adds slaves, slave fighters, and slavers to tribal raids. Slaves can either be naked or have tribal clothing, with no weapons. Slave fighters can either be naked or have tribal clothing, and have tribal weapons. Slavers will have tribal clothing with tribal weapons.

Slaves and slave fighters will be easier to recruit once you capture them (I mean, why'd they want to go back to being a slave?), and slavers are extremely hard to recruit because, though they enjoy having slaves, they don't like to feel like one (ya know, work for people you don't know, etc., etc.).

Works perfectly well. I think.

Hydroponically Farmable Cacti

Basically allows players to farm saguaro cacti and pincushion cacti at hydroponic tables. Both yield wood when harvested, 1-3 for saguaro and 0-2 for pincushion. They grow a little faster than their wild counterparts.

Works perfectly well.

Mockingsnake Mod
This adds a little critter called the mockingsnake. It, too, has lore:

"The mockingsnake was once used as a tool of war, after its brethren, the boomrat, failed as the rats made too much noise on stealth missions. The soldiers on the mockingsnakes' scientists' side fabricated stories that it was a sin to kill a mockingsnake, much like the common mockingbird, but the Space God would send fire to those who dare kill one. This made the enemy refrain from killing the red little snakes, until on blew up on one of their bases. Soon, though, the mockingsnakes had won many battles and missions for the science-ish side, since they were faster and quieter than their cousin-in-arms boomrat.

Mockingsnakes are very small, loveable pets, until it blows up in your face. Scientists have been able to breed a mockingsnake and a garden snake species to get rid of the explosion on death, but there are still many mockingsnakes that explode on death living on rimworlds, in the uninhabited bits of the galaxy.

Mockingsnakes are small, reddish creatures that eat plants and the occasional insect. They tend to not be bothered by human presence, and only attack if they become mad.

Overall, mockingsnakes are a force to be reckoned with, but they also make for a nice environment, so long as they are kept alive.

Works perfectly well. Additional download for no explosion on death.

Downloads

Or download the full modpack on Mediafire or Dropbox
Full changlelog for all the mods.

I'm willing to take suggestions any day.

Installation
Simply download the .zip(s) and place the contained folder(s) in your (RimWorld directory)\Mods folder. Run RimWorld, click on the 'mods' option on the main menu, then click the red X by the mod(s)'s title to change it into a green check and close the mods option. Load or make a new colony and there you go!

Simple, really.

Redistributing my Mods:
Basically, a NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (not Free Culture) License. ((BY-NC-SA license without CC.))

You can use my mods how you wish, and may redistribute them as you wish. I would like it if you add my credit for it, though, somewhere in the content (even if it's a little easter egg). Legally, you can go without crediting me. But don't do that.

You can't redistribute this as a commercial product (keep this free for everyone), and you have to allow others to redistribute the material under these same terms (but you can have people credit you; CC). You may accept donations.

If you take the mod from someone else and are unaware of the conditions, I will forgive you. That is, if you don't follow the conditions.

If you have inquiries about business/personal stuff/really any stuff/unicorns then please email me at [email protected], and I'll get back at ch'ya in a while. As in 1-48 hours. Or 123.67+(-51)*85/untalopez hours. kthxbai
Outdated mods: Lancer's Mods Bundle.
Shamless advertising mods and stories... Penana.

Lancer447

Remember: suggestions are welcome. If it's in my power, I will attempt to create the mods. I'm constantly trying to make new mods. A little note, though: I use only vanilla assemblies and .dll files. I'm not good with making those by myself... not good at all.

Geoblazer5

I have been looking at this for a little while now and I would really love it if you could fix the untalope mod because i have been eagerly awaiting the update of the antelope mod and this is the next best thing. Keep at it! :D

Lancer447

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 15, 2014, 10:05:33 PM
I have been looking at this for a little while now and I would really love it if you could fix the untalope mod because i have been eagerly awaiting the update of the antelope mod and this is the next best thing. Keep at it! :D
Fixed the Untalope Mod problems; tested it several times and everything. You should be able to use it now without any problems. (Unless if there're compatibility issues with other mods I don't know about.) Hope you enjoy the mod!  ;D

Lancer447

So I forgot to notify peoples about all the updates I did. Whoops.

For anybody that has downloaded the full mods bundle, if you downloaded it before 10 August 2014 then you'd best update. I've added more mods over the time, and I've fixed/updated a few mods, too, especially Tribal slaves n' slavers; I've also fixed a few things that seemed to be wrong with the bundle itself. Also, it is suggested you don't use the sniper turret; it only brings problems. Tribal slaves n' slavers has been updated a bunch since the first release, and I haven't seen many downloads for that compared to its initial release. I had the recruiting difficulty all wrong, so it's best you update that, pronto. Untalopes has been okay for a while now, including everything else 'cept for Co2 Generator. For that, it's been updated 16-7-2014, but I'm sure most people have it updated. Now, let's see... anything else that I missed... wabbits are coming out soon. Couldn't think of a better name for them...

I would be glad if anyone's who's good at drawing to help out the Creatures Galore team. Go on, what'ya waiting for? Go message Xander about joining. No, but seriously...

Not going to be modding for a while... A6 mod updates won't come around for me until maybe even after A7 is released... help?

Okay, that's all folks. Enjoy the mods.