Alpha 4F: The Boomrat Blues

Started by Col_Jessep, June 10, 2014, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_Jessep

Cassandra Classic, day 53:
I constantly get mad boomrats. Sometimes a second one while the first boomrat is still making its way to my base (medium sized map). A couple of squirrels like to help out if the rodents with the explosive temperament are feeling a little under the weather.

PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP, Tynan!!! I had between 8 or 10 boomrat attacks in 50 days. I'm beginning to hate those little, furry critters with a passion... -.-

Can you implement a sanity check for incidents with major annoyance potential (boomrats, squirrels, blight, electric discharge), please? Those incidents are usually not dangerous but get annoying if they happen repeatedly.

Oh, one other thing. Can you please remove the messages like "Joe Sixpack from the village Tears in the Tornado is derping around in your base". He is standing right there. I can see him just fine. He's taunting me. "Dare to arrest me and see what happens when the folks at home hear about it!"
You don't have to rub it in with a little message box on top of that...  ;)

PS: day 53, 13h: mad squirrel

PPS: day 55, 16h: mad muffalo; Thank Ceiling Cat, not another psychotic rodent!

PPS: day 59, 1h: another boomrat... -.-

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

minami26

I think its CUSTOMEVENTS to the rescue!

use customevents mod if you want more events than just more animal insanity! :D but they could be overpowered. hahaha.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Col_Jessep on June 10, 2014, 08:49:11 AM

How did I guess that you of all people would praise Ceiling cat.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Untrustedlife

Cassandra Classic, day 53:
I constantly get mad boomrats. Sometimes a second one while the first boomrat is still making its way to my base (medium sized map). A couple of squirrels like to help out if the rodents with the explosive temperament are feeling a little under the weather.

PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP, Tynan!!! I had between 8 or 10 boomrat attacks in 50 days. I'm beginning to hate those little, furry critters with a passion... -.-

Can you implement a sanity check for incidents with major annoyance potential (boomrats, squirrels, blight, electric discharge), please? Those incidents are usually not dangerous but get annoying if they happen repeatedly.

Oh, one other thing. Can you please remove the messages like "Joe Sixpack from the village Tears in the Tornado is derping around in your base". He is standing right there. I can see him just fine. He's taunting me. "Dare to arrest me and see what happens when the folks at home hear about it!"
You don't have to rub it in with a little message box on top of that...  ;)

PS: day 53, 13h: mad squirrel

PPS: day 59, 1h: another boomrat... -.-

Dont worry good sir, there will be more events later :P, i actually like animal insanity... (Its different, yaknow)

(Though it does seem to happen MUCH more frequently in this version)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Tynan

You mean individual animals going insane, right? Not mass animal insanity.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

sparda666

s like "Joe Sixpack from the village Tears in the Tornado is derping around in your base". He is standing right there. I can see him just fine. He's taunting me. "Dare to arrest me and see what happens when the folks at home hear about it!"

I feel like single wanderers like this should be capturable without their village knowing about it.

Even if they knew that Joe Sixpack was scheduled to visit your colony and didnt return, how do they know that he didnt fall into a geyser or get lost and starve in a cave? oh..? whats that you say? This room? oh.. no one is in there. Definitely not Joe Sixpack. Please move along.

Col_Jessep

Quote from: Tynan on June 10, 2014, 10:58:47 AM
You mean individual animals going insane, right? Not mass animal insanity.
Just single animals but after 9 or 10 it's beginning to get to me. For comparison, I only had one power overload and two or three blights during that time.

The mass animal insanity is more interesting because it can be a challenge but a single boomrat is rather boring.

Quote from: Coenmcj on June 10, 2014, 09:21:57 AM
How did I guess that you of all people would praise Ceiling cat.
That obvious? ,,,^..^,,,~

Col_Jessep

Quote from: minami26 on June 10, 2014, 09:13:03 AM
I think its CUSTOMEVENTS to the rescue!

use customevents mod if you want more events than just more animal insanity! :D but they could be overpowered. hahaha.
This looks like a very interesting mod. Not sure about Black Void though...