[MOD] (Alpha 6) Trap Pack (v .45) -Now compatible with Apparello's gas-masks!

Started by superpirson, June 10, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: superpirson on August 03, 2014, 12:16:15 PM
I have great news, a big update is on the way, waiting for alpha 6!
Amongst many a fix, I have also added in gas bombs that poison colonists. In addition, I have improved textures for many different things, with more improvements on the way!
with that said, I want to know now what you guys want to see done in the next version of TrapPack! Now is the best time for me to implement new and crazy ideas!
Gas masks! =P

LZPanzer

i am reminded of the pressure plate and shot gun trap from the fallout games. pretty simple trap requires a few pieces of wood and a spare gun id limit it to shotguns and pistols though and the trap should have a very limited range.

superpirson

Quote from: Shinzy on August 03, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
Gas masks! =P
I had a similar idea! I will try to do that for the next update!
Quote from: LZPanzer on August 03, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
i am reminded of the pressure plate and shot gun trap from the fallout games. pretty simple trap requires a few pieces of wood and a spare gun id limit it to shotguns and pistols though and the trap should have a very limited range.
:o
How the heck did that not occur to me before! This is something I have to do!
making it actually take a gun would be difficult, but now I really want to figure that out!
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

superpirson

OK peoples, this latest version is a rather big jump in quality. we have new textures from somz, new mines and conduits from myself, and new ways to kill people!
In this update are gas bombs, directional mines, and other goodies! there are still a few kinks to work out, particularly if you guys get any errors with the claymores or the shaped charges, I want to hear about them!
Also, I want to hear if you guys like/dislike the gas texture effect. I am a little iffy on it as of right now.

Huge thanks to somz for his crazy good textures and his awesome endurance. You rock man!

LZPanzer

Just a suggestion but what if you explosive dump or laid mine field should catch fire would the dettonate.

this would add some balance to the mod as it would be a very bad idea to store large quantities of explosives or or have your stock pile in a unsecure (perimeter) location. and having laid mines explode would mean that if you wanted to keep your mine field you would have to fight any wild fire that should occur in the field.

bug fix?

your trap table doesnt seem to allow me to (build up to X ammount) it only lets me set a number to make at that time. so i cant have a constant stock pile of boom boom juice.

superpirson

Quote from: LZPanzer on August 15, 2014, 10:19:31 PM
Just a suggestion but what if you explosive dump or laid mine field should catch fire would the dettonate.
most modern explosives are extremely stable under most circumstances, meaning that this would never happen in real life. (C-4, for example, can be set on fire or even shot without triggering.
That being said, I agree that things like the firebomb and FireFruit should explode when damaged. I will try to add this in.

Quote from: LZPanzer on August 15, 2014, 10:19:31 PM
bug fix?
your trap table doesnt seem to allow me to (build up to X ammount) it only lets me set a number to make at that time. so i cant have a constant stock pile of boom boom juice.
This doesn't make any sense to me either, I will have to fish around in the game code to figure out why it's doing that. I may have to ask for help on this one! Has anyone else solved this problem?

123nick

im using this with T,s BetterCrops, and i think it replaces the standard rimworld berries with blackberrys and raspberrys or something like that, and im not sure what to do. should i just edit it to use blackberries? i want to use both mods.

superpirson

Quote from: 123nick on August 16, 2014, 11:45:45 PM
im using this with T,s BetterCrops, and i think it replaces the standard rimworld berries with blackberrys and raspberrys or something like that, and im not sure what to do. should i just edit it to use blackberries? i want to use both mods.
If you know how to edit it, then you can go ahead. In the next update, poison will be created useing a new trappack plant. If you can wait till then, that will fix it as well.

Zeta Omega

Can you make the gas masks or is it luck of the raiders on this one...

superpirson

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 19, 2014, 06:25:17 PM
Can you make the gas masks or is it luck of the raiders on this one...
As of right now, luck of the raiders.

Wait a little bit though, I have been talking with Shinzy about using the Apparello gas masks, and it looks like that will be how gas protection will work in the future.

superpirson

ok guys, I have another major update coming, this one should improve usability tenfold by highlighting where the detonation triggering tiles are for each mine in-game, as well as highlighting the target tiles for fragmentation.
also in the works is are arrow traps, good for early game trappers!
there should also be adding some more texture improvements by somz.
are there any problems that need fixing now? what else needs work? is anything off balance? this is the best time for you guys to tell me!

Zeta Omega

Question, can you add more traps that wont kill raiders...more free colony growth

superpirson

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 22, 2014, 05:28:49 PM
Question, can you add more traps that wont kill raiders...more free colony growth
Ehh, I kinda wanted to do that with the electrified floor, however I am worried about balancing that sort of thing. After all, It would hardly be fair if you could just knock attackers out and assimilate them.

That being said, I kinda want to do this anyways. I may add a anesthetizing poison or gas, that would disable people without killing them.

Iwillbenicetou

Or maybe have the floor, but it would have to have charge up time and use tons of energy.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

superpirson

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 22, 2014, 06:03:34 PM
Or maybe have the floor, but it would have to have charge up time and use tons of energy.
Actually, I really like that idea, but I may modify it a bit. the way I think I will do it is have a research project that allows you to switch the electrified floor into incapacitation mode. I'll try it now!