Bring Back Blasting Charges

Started by Psyckosama, June 12, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

I think with sieges incoming the enemy playing blasting charges to try and down your walls would be a good idea, as would using them to set traps. I know they're seen as unbalanced because they can mangle enemy assaults so easily... but I think there's an idea that could make it much more balanced with a simple change.

Just make them targetable. That way traps would have to be carefully planned out.

Might also be a good idea to add a spot chance probability for hidden items... like proximity mines.

SlimeCrusher

Another workaround would be making it so that they explode when a pawn steps on them, and not a wait-till-they-get-close-and-detonate-manually thing, and also adding the targettable if detected thing too!

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Psyckosama on June 12, 2014, 05:33:25 PM
I think with sieges incoming the enemy playing blasting charges to try and down your walls would be a good idea, as would using them to set traps. I know they're seen as unbalanced because they can mangle enemy assaults so easily... but I think there's an idea that could make it much more balanced with a simple change.

Just make them targetable. That way traps would have to be carefully planned out.

Might also be a good idea to add a spot chance probability for hidden items... like proximity mines.

You could just use the mod.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Mattorious

Step 1. Open Rimworld
Step 2. Click on mods
Step 3. Click on "Blasting Charges"
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit

:)
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

Battlemage15

For a slightly more 'honest' application of blasting charges, check out the IED mod.  It's still very overpowered, but thematically it makes more sense.  You can rig a missile or shell to blow with a simple radio device, a receiver and some wires.  I only hope the mod author implements some of the features (such as graphics of half-buried shells and missiles, a proximity fuse).

StorymasterQ

Step 1: Place Blasting Charges within range of each other all over your base
Step 2: Detonate one of them
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Restart
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Psyckosama

Quote from: Mattorious on June 13, 2014, 08:33:07 PM
Step 1. Open Rimworld
Step 2. Click on mods
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit

*facepalm*

I was saying bring them back as part of the game and not an "official Mod".

I create MODS. I think I know how to turn them on...

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Psyckosama on June 23, 2014, 05:13:51 AM
Quote from: Mattorious on June 13, 2014, 08:33:07 PM
Step 1. Open Rimworld
Step 2. Click on mods
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit

*facepalm*

I was saying bring them back as part of the game and not an "official Mod".

I create MODS. I think I know how to turn them on...

But they are OP, that is why they were removed.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK