OMG! Launchable Ship?

Started by Nerek21, June 12, 2014, 05:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerek21

Just saw this on the change log. Anyone know anything about this?!?!?!

Is this the end game? Research and build a ship to get off the planet? Is this a ship you can build and have them attack raiders (i.e. drone)??

Either way, sounds like pure awesomeness!!

Tynan

It's the first endgame (besides death): build a ship and get off the planet!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mattorious

Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

a89a89

nuschler22

Quote from: Tynan on June 12, 2014, 06:03:05 PM

Amazing.  Thank you!

Celthric Aysen

well theres now a new goal, get the hell out of this planet that is full of mechanoid centipedes and raiders and move to a new planet and start making a federate army that will conquer the whole galaxy.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Battlemage15

Will there be an endgame in the future where your settlement becomes THE power on rimworld?  Like, you destroy all hostile factions, destroy the mechanoid hive and either forge alliances with or destroy the other (friendly or neutral) factions.

Because that's what I'd like to pull off.

Pulaskimask

I like this. Thank you Tynan.

Col_Jessep

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Neone

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ivia

Uh.. since it's a endgame, can I use these settlers and resources I bring on the ship again?
I'll be happy to see the old face of my people building a new base xD
Even in a new planet?.. like.. planet need life supports? I really liked the life support system in the prototype ><

Ramsis

Quote from: Ivia on June 13, 2014, 06:36:46 AM
Uh.. since it's a endgame, can I use these settlers and resources I bring on the ship again?
I'll be happy to see the old face of my people building a new base xD
Even in a new planet?.. like.. planet need life supports? I really liked the life support system in the prototype ><

I'm with Ivia on this; let us win the game then let us new game + it with our old stuff on a new planet if anything.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Sion

This is how we can implement multiplayer!  8)

something like:
Each player have a world, then when you reach end game you can travel to other players.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Jotun

Personally I would kinda hope for maybe an expansion or something where you get to build your ship, then fly it around, landing on hostile planets and going on the offense for once, to steal resources from enemy bases and using them to upgrade your ship more.

Bonus points if you have space battles with having to manage the crew and assign them to work systems and weapons.