[1.4] Medical Dissection - Train your medicine skills

Started by Heremeus, March 17, 2018, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tocato

3000 exp for under 2 hrs seems like a lot. Ill give it a try. I did notice on the steam page it says not safe to remove mod post dissection so ill have to be careful when updating

Heremeus

Quote from: Tocato on September 11, 2019, 06:56:27 PM
3000 exp for under 2 hrs seems like a lot. Ill give it a try. I did notice on the steam page it says not safe to remove mod post dissection so ill have to be careful when updating

I thought so as well but it's balanced against vanilla tending. You get 500xp for tending 600 ticks (about 14 minutes) whereas dissection gives you 3000xp for 3750 ticks (0.83 vs 0.8 xp per tick). Tending also saves/helps your guys whereas dissection costs you resourced (can destroy the corpse).

Edit: You can tweak the xp value in the settings if 3000 feels like too much.

The problem with removing the mod from a save is that Rimworld doesn't handle missing tales (the stories for artworks) very well. I'll see if I can add an option that allows you to safely remove the mod.

Heremeus

Updated to v2.1. The new version fixes a compatibility issue with Harvest Organs Post Mortem and adds a setting to always destroy the corpse after dissection. See the changelog in the original post for full changes.

vovik

Btw, as far as i understand any instance that has a body is considered as pawn in code, and bodyparts are dynamic and have similar parent - and as far as your code uses parent methods of all bodyparts to dissect it can dissect anything with a body, in this case human limitaition is comepletely arbitrary. Otherwise its easy to remove limitation - just use higher level abstractions that all bodyparts and bodied items derive from.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Heremeus

Quote from: vovik on September 16, 2019, 01:24:57 PM
Btw, as far as i understand any instance that has a body is considered as pawn in code, and bodyparts are dynamic and have similar parent - and as far as your code uses parent methods of all bodyparts to dissect it can dissect anything with a body, in this case human limitaition is comepletely arbitrary. Otherwise its easy to remove limitation - just use higher level abstractions that all bodyparts and bodied items derive from.
That's sounds like a good option to allow dissecting other alien races. I'll keep it in mind if I ever come across non-humanoid aliens to dissect :)

Hjkma

What about if colonists could extract organs, implants and skin during dissection? As additional recipes, the same as dissection, but with increased working time and a lot of negative mood debuff.

Heremeus

Quote from: Hjkma on September 17, 2019, 03:25:27 AM
What about if colonists could extract organs, implants and skin during dissection? As additional recipes, the same as dissection, but with increased working time and a lot of negative mood debuff.
Harvest Organs Post Mortem does that already. Medical Dissection has a compatibility patch and let's you use the same research (Basic Autopsy) and Workbench (Autopsy Table) for both things.

Heremeus

Updated to v2.2 to fix some issues :)

Changelog

• Fixed dissection on autopsy table not working correctly sometimes
  • Fixed redefining Main Research tab
  • Fixed dissection option on people waiting for surgery (EOPE conflict)
  • Disallow colonist corpses for dissection by default (No longer accidentally destroying bodies of colonists you wanted to resurrect)
  • Fixed dissected hediff not being removed on resurrection
  • Changed "Study Medicine" work type label to "Dissect"

Heremeus

Medical Dissection has been updated for v1.1 :)

Ruisuki

Heremeus

Medical Dissection has been updated for v1.2!

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Wolpeti

QuoteHarvest Organs Post Mortem
The mod contains a patch for Harvest Organs Post Mortem (HOPM). If HOPM is installed, you can add dissection bills on autopsy tables. The required research changes to Basic Autopsy. The dissection table is still available but can only be used for dissections, not for organ harvesting.

can you enhance that patch so that i can use the Medical Dissection Table for the Organ harvesting?
The MD Table has a great look and the harvest table is just a grey medical bed and looks totaly lame. In fact its the main and only reason i deactivate the Harvesting Mod over and over again in favour of Dissection, because the table just looks like crap.

vandal

any update into the other wip features?

Heremeus

Medical Dissection has been updated for Rimworld v1.3!

Please let me know if you encounter any issues (especially with the new DLC).

Quote from: Wolpeti on May 16, 2021, 03:49:11 AM
QuoteHarvest Organs Post Mortem
The mod contains a patch for Harvest Organs Post Mortem (HOPM). If HOPM is installed, you can add dissection bills on autopsy tables. The required research changes to Basic Autopsy. The dissection table is still available but can only be used for dissections, not for organ harvesting.

can you enhance that patch so that i can use the Medical Dissection Table for the Organ harvesting?
The MD Table has a great look and the harvest table is just a grey medical bed and looks totaly lame. In fact its the main and only reason i deactivate the Harvesting Mod over and over again in favour of Dissection, because the table just looks like crap.
Quite a late response but I'm currently only providing bug fixes and version updates. It should be possible but I'm not doing any Rimworld modding at the moment so would take some time for me to figure out how.

Quote from: vandal on July 20, 2021, 03:05:41 PM
any update into the other wip features?
Which features are thinking of specifically? The only thing I remember that didn't make it into the mod is having an "autopsy room" that gives some kind of buff depending on cleanliness (kind-a like hospital rooms).

Wolpeti

QuoteI'm not doing any Rimworld modding at the moment so would take some time for me to figure out how.
You can do it like EPOE No Table
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2210925683
and instead integrating into harvesting mod overwriting it with a OperationReplace Patch. Please just take 10 minutes to wrap it up cause harvesting was brought up to 1.3 recently and its still the same absolut garbage table.