[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Madman666

Hm a note for the future - you probably should lock RN clothing behind some kind of research)) Also raiders in your armors are quite durable. I need to start making some friends fast.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 02, 2018, 06:11:56 PM
02/10/2018: Fixed the backpack issue, thanks to Jecrell.
Finished Early Access mods:
Note: May be awaiting additional content or release for Steam.

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Sorta finished mod:
Note: Pretty much finished on it's own, no known bugs. Might however be merged with "Military Furniture"

A phone call away

Description:
Enables calls through the red phone to ask for free reinforcements upon +70 relations, and a mission board that allows you to pay silver to recruit or start missions.
THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Unfinished test mod:
Warning: Contains unfinished coding, will be messy, might break saves when official version is released.

Description:
Lots of work need to be done on workbenches, research, weapontag balancing and need to add all weapons. I don't know when it's gonna be finished, I won't put deadlines down anymore.
THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

Links are pretty much the same for Rimmu-Nation Clothing, but I separated the test pack just so I don't have to zip them over and over again. Backpack issue is fixed, if it has broken saves then they should now be working, Jecrell did quite the work there.

Rimmu-Nation weapons have most of the old AK style weapons done, few new weapons added, such as:

SNIPEX-75

Okay I'm too tired to list any more and it's 11PM. Just know that this rifle uses a stronger cartridge than .50 BMG and I just had to add it in.

Preview Art:
Concept for Rimmu-Nation + Chicken Mitchell hairs

"The Evil Within"

"Resident Evil"

"Left 4 Dead"

"Tomb Raider"

"John Wick"

"Last of Us"

Edit: Rip, thought this post would be page 12, guess not. Oh well, I'm gonna sleep before I die tommorrow, if anyone's save was broken by the backpack issue, it's fixed now.

(Quoting just so it's in front page)

Quote from: Madman666 on October 03, 2018, 12:26:18 PM
Hm a note for the future - you probably should lock RN clothing behind some kind of research)) Also raiders in your armors are quite durable. I need to start making some friends fast.

Armors are behind flak vests research, as for helmets, since for some reason advanced helmets and simple helmets are craftable with the smithing table now they are always available.

I should probably add research for the bench, I've bloody forgotten all about it all this time, woopsie daisy!

And yes, this is why I'm waiting to patch up Rimmu-Nation Weapons before official release, because the weapons are the equaliser to smash these raiders. I might ban them from the IBA or the RN500 stuff, I might not.

I'd like some opinions here, what clothing would you like for them to have?

Madman666

I opt for variety - which means - let them have all of it!) With the ability to call for help and with use of advanced weapons it isn't really that big of deal - i managed to kill them off with some clever maneuvering and playing with lines of sight, so that they always had to move instead of shooting. So - let them have the armors. And clothing makes them look damn unique too) I like it a lot.

Madman666

What would also be nice - is to add a defensive bonus to camouflage suits (ghillie suits) that confers a small penatly to aim again pawns wearing it. It makes sense, that you ll have trouble hitting a guy in a ghillie suit hiding behind a bush in a forest. That d require c# most likely though.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on October 03, 2018, 02:10:44 PM
What would also be nice - is to add a defensive bonus to camouflage suits (ghillie suits) that confers a small penatly to aim again pawns wearing it. It makes sense, that you ll have trouble hitting a guy in a ghillie suit hiding behind a bush in a forest. That d require c# most likely though.

Yeah, it obviously does. I figured that the game's mechanic with missing your target is already heavily affected by the cover system and trees so hopefully it won't be too necessary, I have had many simple sounding features like this that are actually very complicated to do for Jecrell or Albion that are also costly since it's a headdache for them.

The Auger WS for example is bloody broken because the devs decided that bullets that fly overhead now need to explode, otherwise they won't hit anything, so now I have to omit the bloody gun cause Albion took about 2 weeks and he still couldn't code for it work.

Updated Rimmu-Nation Clothing to have this new OnSkin outfit:

Adds 0.10 move speed, 0.10 dodge chance for melee, 0.05 social impact and 0.05 melee hit chance.

I made it mostly cause I was trying to create Cassie Cage's alternate outfit from Mortal Kombat, but knock yourselves out (pun not intended) with more waifu kit.

I have added smithing research to be necessary for PASGT and FAST helmets, they also have their own crafting skill requirements now. M1 also needs smithing, but it doesn't have as high skill requirement as the newer helmets.

I also allowed RN500 civilian version to be researched by smithing, you won't have to wait for flak vests research, but the catch is, it's not as tacticool as the other vests, which is a major downside even though it doesn't take as much research requirements.

Chicken Mitchell hairs patch notes:
Updated the Wallaby B unisex hair to move down a bit, it looked way too high giving the appearance that whoever had this hairstyle had a massive forehead.

Separate patch note for Detailed Body Textures II:
Made the left side of the fat body nipple less transparent, that was pretty much all I patched.

Madman666

<!-- Oi Madman what are you doing here?! Stop fiddling around you cheeki monkey -->

Awwww, how nice of you to leave a pointer! Thaaanks, CP, i adore you xD

<!-- Oh my days I warned you, turn back- BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! -->

Wut? No way! It already late.

<!-- Now you've done it. You have officially annihilated balancing in all of gaming. I hope you are proud of what you've done here. -->

Just today, i got gut worms event two times, followed by fibrous mechanites and a plague, all over 3 in-game days timespan. Most my people got insta downed due to pain, my medic had a mental break "Give up and leave" from all the pain. And that ruined a year old colony with all the chances to last eons like without any slight chance of revival. Balance? Never heard of it. No such thing in Rimworld.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on October 04, 2018, 03:03:52 PM
<!-- Oi Madman what are you doing here?! Stop fiddling around you cheeki monkey -->

Awwww, how nice of you to leave a pointer! Thaaanks, CP, i adore you xD

<!-- Oh my days I warned you, turn back- BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! -->

Wut? No way! It already late.

<!-- Now you've done it. You have officially annihilated balancing in all of gaming. I hope you are proud of what you've done here. -->

Just today, i got gut worms event two times, followed by fibrous mechanites and a plague, all over 3 in-game days timespan. Most my people got insta downed due to pain, my medic had a mental break "Give up and leave" from all the pain. And that ruined a year old colony with all the chances to last eons like without any slight chance of revival. Balance? Never heard of it. No such thing in Rimworld.

So I see you deciphered my super secret messages buried within the matrix, you still went for it though.

I feel as though the more you post Madman, the more we uncover the truth within you that you hate lots of things about game's mechanics, one of these days if I keep pushing we might find out that you stole a Cadbury bar from someone's office in Croydon, which lead to the unfortunate beasting of many poor souls.

So far the B19 update has been fast with this military furniture mod, the radio is working again and so is the fridge thanks to Jecrell and well, me having to bloody copy paste some new .xml renamed stuff.

"Wall of Shame"

Description: In military tradition, the wall of shame shows photos and memorabilia of soldiers' loved ones and special or goofy occassions for morale boost.

(Okay, maybe not in real life, but we try to keep it PG here in Rimworld.)

I made the wall of shame, which acts as a joy item, like the television but without electricity. I initially wanted it to act like the Psychic Emanator but that needed C# and I didn't wanna pay more money for a simple feature.

There's also now a rotatable view of the IV Support, I lost the original files so I just improvised and used the original image to make it seem to change positions.

I also slightly adjusted the stand and how it looks.

As for the Wall of Shame, here are some artwork, I had to put some into the wall, besides some of the stuff I already posted here.

(Already seen by many from Prisoner outfit mod, but leaving it here for those who haven't)

Posters from the rear view:

The others are the Rimmu-Nation previews.

The biggest tragedy of all, is that the Wall of Shame's true purpose is for you to put the picture of your cheating spouse or partner on, and other disgraceful individuals. I suppose this ended up being all kid friendly eh?

What a heartbreak.

Madman666

Heh, while i do love this game way more than i probably should (more hours played than any other game in my life, which is crazy), i do hate some of its mechanics to a teeth grinding point for being illogical and downright unbalanced, never really tried to hide it xD Luckily our gracious and allmighty modding community more or less lets us mold the game into what each and every separate person wants it to be, which is really a wonderful thing.

Nice updates, CP, thanks for keeping us posted! Can't wait to enjoy full might of what all factions and RN Weapons can offer. Vanilla arsenal is just nowhere near enough.

PS - I did change backpack's capacity to be 50-60-80, which actually didn't really affect balance as much as it seems. You still have to send a decent contingent if you don't want it to die off half way, you still need to bring those disgusting smelly muffalo, cause 3-4 people can't drag 2k steel back home even with best backpacks on. But the overall decrease in demand for filthy animal services left me deeply satisfied. Climate cycle with which i usually play limits the food production, so having fewer mouths to feed helps a lot.

Chicken Plucker

The Wall of Shame description really put me in a bloody bad mood yesterday, I don't wanna make light of it anymore since it came off the wrong way just for me.

here's the new description:
In military tradition, the wall of shame shows photos of cheating partners and "Jody" which is a nickname of soldiers given to men that seduce their partners.

Sometimes soldiers place photos of their friends as a joke, not necessarily worthy of being shamed but for humiliation.

I thought it would just be almost an insult to say "soldiers' loved ones" when there are dozens of stories out there of Jody taking away girlfriends and wives. I'm happier with this new one.

Anyways, progress has been good for Military Furniture. I have merged Rimmu-Nation Camping stuff with it along with the Red Phone. I hope nobody prefers if they were separate because I'm just about ready to choke someone running around having to update this and that.

The biggest challenge will be the vending machine, several food and drug items have to be re-coded and whatever, along with their crafting recipes. Ugh.

Here's a new double sleeping bag by the way, for partners. (Complete with woobie blanket!)

Instrument table is now rotatable just like the IV support as seen in the photo, I'll go get some dinner now, cheerio.

Quote from: Madman666 on October 05, 2018, 06:52:39 PM
Heh, while i do love this game way more than i probably should (more hours played than any other game in my life, which is crazy), i do hate some of its mechanics to a teeth grinding point for being illogical and downright unbalanced, never really tried to hide it xD Luckily our gracious and allmighty modding community more or less lets us mold the game into what each and every separate person wants it to be, which is really a wonderful thing.

Nice updates, CP, thanks for keeping us posted! Can't wait to enjoy full might of what all factions and RN Weapons can offer. Vanilla arsenal is just nowhere near enough.

PS - I did change backpack's capacity to be 50-60-80, which actually didn't really affect balance as much as it seems. You still have to send a decent contingent if you don't want it to die off half way, you still need to bring those disgusting smelly muffalo, cause 3-4 people can't drag 2k steel back home even with best backpacks on. But the overall decrease in demand for filthy animal services left me deeply satisfied. Climate cycle with which i usually play limits the food production, so having fewer mouths to feed helps a lot.

Well, the intention wasn't to haul thousands of steel back home, it was to have enough extra rations on the back, along with medicine and some sleeping bags to stay up longer for extra days going out on missions.

I do like Canute's recommended stats, they work well for that, but maybe one day we'll have a mod with.. Tanks.

Tanks don't need to eat, they don't poop and moo all over the place, they just freakin shoot and do as you ask with plenty of carrying capacity. I love tanks.

Madman666

Cmon, who doesn't love ... tanks. Its TANKS! For Pete's sake. They blow shit up, trample shit, pulverize stuff with machinegun fire and look awesome while doing so. So i d be glad to have tanks, but at this point its but a distant dream. At least if we are talking about proper vehicles, not "pawns in disguise". Vehicles that can take up more than 1 tile of space (and thus won't sqeeze in through 1 tile wide doors. Someday people will add vehicles, i am sure of it. But i doubt that ll be anywhere in the near future.

It'd require basically a whole part of the game coded and added from scratch, that adds new "entity type" rather than "a pawn" or "a building" with its own rules of placement, behaviour, status and etc. Even for someone like me, who just started digging in c#, its obvious it'll be a massive project.

dninemfive

Was the Vehicle interface of Jec's Tools not ported from B17/18? If it was, it's actually pretty easy iirc.

Madman666

I believe that framework still uses "pawn" system. Which means even a giant truck will behave just like a centipede and can pass through 1tile wide doorway, which frankly isn't immersive at all. Its better than no vehicles, but i don't really consider it a solution to lack of proper vehicles in the game.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on October 06, 2018, 04:32:50 PM
I believe that framework still uses "pawn" system. Which means even a giant truck will behave just like a centipede and can pass through 1tile wide doorway, which frankly isn't immersive at all. Its better than no vehicles, but i don't really consider it a solution to lack of proper vehicles in the game.

In all fairness muh friend, every pawn can enter a 1x1 door. Let's look at those huge Thrumbos, Muffalos and Megatheriums (megasloths, rip forever cooler name.) heck, not counting the dinosaurs and giant monsters from other mods. They walk in and out of fridges whenever they feel, poop all over the place, they take your job, they ask out the girl you are interested in and the next thing you know this damn colossus that can fit inside 1x1 doors has everything you ever wanted, and instead of feeling happy for them you are fuming in anger ready to butcher them for a simple meal.

Centipedes too, they're supposed to be pretty big, but they can fit in 1x1 doors.

Anyways!

Military Furniture progress, I have been getting carried away expanding, my bros.

New hospital equipment, new medical bed and medical stretcher. I was torn with trying to make the equipment work with the vanilla hospital bed, but I just went "you know what? I'll make my own."

Medical Stretcher

Higher quality than the improvised one, I might remove that and leave this in, but it would be nice to have emergency stretchers in the field. The thing with this one is the stats are just a bit below the vanilla hospital bed stats, and its compatible with all the medical machines I'm adding in.

Medical Bed

The real freakin deal, you can mess around and raise the bed up and down, but you probably won't if you're bleeding out or succumbing to infection. It's slightly better than the vanilla hospital bed, and it's compatible with all my machines, while the vanilla one isn't.

It's also more lightweight for transport, like the stretcher above. The idea is to have it ready nearby if you want to make a small camp before a raid, so you have a whole temporary clinic ready in case stuff goes down and you don't want to lose lives.

Besides the IV support and the old Instrument table, here are some new machines. I have heavily nerfed the IV and instrument table, and made it so that it would be desirable for the player to use more than one or two of these machines if not all. Even if someone only had one or two beds, the quality of treatment would be so good that you can send them off to their normal beds after, assuming it's not some infection that hasn't been treated, or some kind of injury that affects the brain functioning normally.

Medical Ventilator

Vital Signs Monitor

Ultrasound Machine

They are meant to be more than just display, they will actually help improve treatment and speed up the process. I don't wanna go into detail on what each one does besides increase some medical related stats, ventilator not actually being able to affect breathing due to the game's C# crap, but let's assume they make the doctor's job a lot easier since affliction to the pawn are more easily diagnosed and the doctor is assisted by machines.

New Office Lamp since the floodlight didn't fit in the hospital or office look I'm going for:

Got a fancy drop down menu style for different colors, in case anybody wanted to party with purple lights and all that, and you decide to not invite me to the party so I feel sad when you gossip about it with your friends.

Redesigning this comms table:
Old

New (WIP)

Note, the scale seems different but I assure you, it will be the same size in-game, I just used the actual 1x2 table size for the new one in order to better match vanilla textures in-game. I know some people like the military look of the old version, but we can keep that for the research PC, cause this comms console is supposed to be for commanding officers and I wanted it to look the part.

Armchair Commander

New armchair being worked on to match the new comms PC, so you can make a lovely office for the guy that sits at base leading everybody to their deaths while he gets to sip some tea and eat all the lavish meals. I thought it would go with the Chairforce, but one step higher.

That's all for now, might release a working unfinished version by Sunday, or hopefully the finished version here. I messaged an old voice actor to help me make a trailer for this update, he's the same VA that played Arnold in the US Military Kit trailer, and he's back.

Still have that pending John Wick trailer for the hair mod, and Rimmu-Nation, they'll all come together in one release which might come in 2 weeks time starting next week.

Madman666

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 06, 2018, 05:48:36 PM
Quote from: Madman666 on October 06, 2018, 04:32:50 PM

In all fairness muh friend, every pawn can enter a 1x1 door. Let's look at those huge Thrumbos, Muffalos and Megatheriums (megasloths, rip forever cooler name.) heck, not counting the dinosaurs and giant monsters from other mods. They walk in and out of fridges whenever they feel, poop all over the place, they take your job, they ask out the girl you are interested in and the next thing you know this damn colossus that can fit inside 1x1 doors has everything you ever wanted, and instead of feeling happy for them you are fuming in anger ready to butcher them for a simple meal.

Centipedes too, they're supposed to be pretty big, but they can fit in 1x1 doors.

Yeah, precisely. They all can fit through tiny doors like nothing and one person can carry a giant thrumbo on his own, while he can't even lift more than 35 kg (balance reasons be damned) when heading out. All those are limitations imposed by pawn system. And while for animals its more or less fine, we got used to it, but for vehicles it would be really nice to have them actually be vehicles and not pawns. There are already mods that add vehicles and mechanical units, that use mechanoid pawn base and to be fair it feels way too false to consider them true vehicles instead of recolored mechanoids.

I mean tanks you added are a good example. They spice things up and are interesting to fight, but with the way they move, make centipede sounds and fit through tiny spaces, i can't say i see them as vehicles. They re more like mechanoids to me. Mechanoid based vehicles are fine really and if you just add a possibility to construct and control them, use as transports and etc - that d make for a nice and popular mod. But somewhere deep it ll still feel like an easy way out.

Rocket_Raccoon

Great news! Waiting for the release of rimmu-nation(and in less importancy british&us military) for my non-horror colony/gameplay.