[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Madman666

Also i really like new furniture additions! Keep up the good work. The finished Red Horse Project will be nothing short of an amazing expansion of the game.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 06, 2018, 07:22:05 PM
Great news! Waiting for the release of rimmu-nation(and in less importancy british&us military) for my non-horror colony/gameplay.

I like to mix horror with tacticool gear, because nobody in horror movies ever brought a fireteam complete with grenade launchers and LMGs to take down some monster fishies from some deep dark parts of the ocean. Aquaman I'm looking at you.

Quote from: Madman666 on October 06, 2018, 07:24:36 PM
Also i really like new furniture additions! Keep up the good work. The finished Red Horse Project will be nothing short of an amazing expansion of the game.

Thank you, I'm glad you like everything so far! I want some el opinions on the next onions here, especially the last one since I wanted a way for pawns to make some money at home.

PC Comms Station

Description: Will function as a comms console, without the research cost for multi-analyzer and whatever. If you wish to do trading, it's gonna use the mailbox trade beacon, however, the downside is that you cannot be detected by orbital ships since mailboxes can't quite reach them.

PC Research Station

Description: Will function as a superior research workstation than even the huge one with a multi-analyzer, having extremely fast research speed, the downside is the research tier only goes up to tier 2 since the technology of this station is too limited to explore spacer tech.

Black Hat Station

Description: A station for black hat hacking activities. Clients line up with jobs, usually hiring hackers for security, information or cheating in bloody CSGO for a price. The clients would be outside of the Rim planet, which means the FBI or any three letter agency can't come knocking down your door since they would be outside of legal jurisdiction to do so.

The black machine called "Rainmaker" is designed to warp physical payments in order to complete the anonymous transactions.

Now the Black Hat Station is pretty much a workstation that takes up the pawn's time, and they end up making silver for free, aside from the time they have spent. There's also gonna be an intelligence cap for the Black Hat Station, so you can't just go around farming silver with anybody.

I might add multiple options, with different time consumption and payoff for this station.

dninemfive

Love the idea for that black hat station! It would be pretty cool if three-letter agencies did come knocking down your door, though. I  think I'd be able to implement that, if you want.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: dninemfive on October 06, 2018, 11:01:57 PM
Love the idea for that black hat station! It would be pretty cool if three-letter agencies did come knocking down your door, though. I  think I'd be able to implement that, if you want.

Oh my! How would that work?

I'm just about ready to make a NOOSE and FIB outfit right now.

Would it be a simple chance of raid?

I was gonna do multiple options for the black hat station:
- Tester jobs [Requires: 2 intelligence] (10 silver per hour)
- Coding jobs [Requires: 3 intelligence] (20 silver per hour)
- Cyber security tester jobs [Requires: 5 intelligence] (40 per hour)
- Steal and sell information [Requires: 6 intelligence] (500 per 5 hours chance of agency level 1)
- Steal funds from organisations [Requires: 8 intelligence] (1000 per 5 hours, chance of agency level 2)

So far these are estimates, I'll set the work to make and see how much silver I can pay out later. This is just for a rough idea now.

The FIB would come in for the level 1 incident, with some NOOSE personnel and they wouldn't be hostile, they come at your colony and they will warn you somehow, either a text or we could just trigger a one-time visitor event "come back with a warrant next time lol"

If you dont stop stealing and selling information, they will send an immediate attack of a NOOSE team, I'll make them sport proper black kits and balaclavas with their M4s and stuff, it'll be sweet.

As for the level 2 one, they get to just send a raid with no warrant or warning at all.

If the player manages to annoy the unseen faction, which is the FIB, they will now be hostile towards the player and the player will face random raids from them from now on. That would come off naturally like with the unseen mechanoid hive, though this time the FIB starts off friendly until you ignore them or steal stuff from them

Rocket_Raccoon

Hm, sounds like a lot of work for a joke( no offense meant) Not my thing really.
On a side note, the military furniture and vip table are looking really nice. Maybe i will test the unstable version later on a new colony, depending of how prone to error throwing it is.

Madman666

I am also all for the yet another way to make some bucks, but yeah i also think it should bring some trouble to you and probably eat power a LOT (like bitcoin mining rigs). So that you basically sell your pawn's time AND power with a potential risk of bounty hunters coming for your hacker. That ll be real nice addition.

Chicken Plucker

I really have to update the front page sometime, and the Military Furniture preview, it's gotta look more fresh than it does now.

07/10/2018: Fixed RN:C bench facing the wrong way.
Finished Early Access mods:
Note: May be awaiting additional content or release for Steam.

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

(no changes to chicken mitchell hairs, just re-posting for this page.)

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

07/10/2018: Initial release, merged with "a phone call away" test mod.

THE HUGE DOWNLOAD BUTTON

What's the catch with the new Military Furniture? Well, it's stable really. High in memory due to multiple songs, I will delete songs later, That will not break gamesaves so it's all stable. By high memory I mean like 50 MB, it's not really high in a sense of messing up performance, I mean just in comparison to other mods

Missing features to be added:
Vending Machines
Vending Machine food and beverages
Floors
HESCO Barrier
Classy 1x1 table

Plans:
Delete some songs to lessen the memory of the mod
Add some songs for crying out loud, needs more Johnny Cash and Marty Robbins

Guys the freakin' black hat station works and its awesome! I even threw in a typing sound effect!

I added a 0 intelligence job, it's tech support. Enjoy. From what I have seen, the average time a pawn does earn silver is per hour, it takes longer the lower intelligence they have.

I added these new buildings that help with PC Research and the Black Hat Station:

Server Tower

It speeds up research speed and workspeed by 15% for those two buildings only, and you can have up to a maximum of 10 server towers, increasing your productivity significantly.

Enjoy all, I'll be getting ready for my 1 week trip to the Armored Air Corps now, won't be doing any updating then. In the meantime, please don't end up stealing my minecraft password when you guys use the black hat stations okay? There's no FIB around to arrest anyone, so this will be a mutual trust thing.

Edit: Hasn't even been a minute yet, I already screwed up. Uploading update now.
Accidentally left the double sleeping bags to use wood, stone and metals instead of cloth, how's that for a camping trip?

Quote from: Madman666 on October 07, 2018, 06:59:33 AM
I am also all for the yet another way to make some bucks, but yeah i also think it should bring some trouble to you and probably eat power a LOT (like bitcoin mining rigs). So that you basically sell your pawn's time AND power with a potential risk of bounty hunters coming for your hacker. That ll be real nice addition.

I made it just cost about 200 power, it takes an engineer with 6 construction to build and it needs microelectronics to build. At 200 power for one station you won't be making much profit until after some time, so the build up of multiple stations and people working will end up accumulating. Thanks for the input lads.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 07, 2018, 06:43:03 AM
Hm, sounds like a lot of work for a joke( no offense meant) Not my thing really.
On a side note, the military furniture and vip table are looking really nice. Maybe i will test the unstable version later on a new colony, depending of how prone to error throwing it is.

I'm happy you like the stuff so far, so I released a stable build with just a few missing features but no known errors and gamebreaking issues whatsoever. I'll be away for a week, and the FBI thing wasn't really a joke, I did want the FBI to be there to balance out the fact that you're gonna make a crapton of money stealing stuff behind a screen.

Edit again:

Minor typo issue on the black hat station's description, bloody hell I can't catch a break. Been locked in my room for the whole day doing this and I am still slipping, someone slap me awake please or I'll end up eating crayons tommorrow.

Updated

Rocket_Raccoon

I think you got me wrong. Joke concerning the whole hacker/fbi thing. That is what i meant. Will test out when i have some time.

Madman666

Oh, the server units for speeding up money production! Nice. Now we only need a hidden faction, that has a chance to raid you after some time of working on it!

Chicken Plucker

I screwed up again for crying out loud.

So I just nerfed the last black hat job to take more time since it was way too fast, also the jobstrings will now say "Stealing funds" for example, instead of always saying "Software testing".

Quote from: Madman666 on October 07, 2018, 02:35:01 PM
Oh, the server units for speeding up money production! Nice. Now we only need a hidden faction, that has a chance to raid you after some time of working on it!

Yeah I know right?! I'm happy you like the servers, they also add up to the electricity cost and gives you that homey office feeling

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 07, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
I think you got me wrong. Joke concerning the whole hacker/fbi thing. That is what i meant. Will test out when i have some time.
Oh I think I understand what you meant.

Tell me the truth Racoon, you just don't want the FBI to find out you've been pirating Netflix shows, right?

Military Furniture updated once again, this time I hope it's final, pls

Edit one more time:

Wall of Shame joygiver fixed, people wont ignore it now

sumghai

I totally dig the server racks, and the computer desks as comms console and research benches are neat (although I'd have preferred LCD flatscreen monitors rather than CRTs, but that's just me).

As for the songs, I'd prefer if you didn't delete anything and instead kept adding to the collection. I'm not the least bit bothered by the large filesize of the mod, and if anything, it means more songs and more variety.

Rocket_Raccoon

Who needs pirating when you can (ab)use other peoples payed netflix? :D
On a  totally unrelated sidenote, my hard drive needs an urgent microwaving round  :-X

FeltTapestry

With the desks and server towers, I will be designating a room The Office

drd23

This all looks brilliant.  It will definitely be the basis of my next play through

Chicken Plucker

Hi guys. I am at the Army Air Corps base near North Camp getting told to do some press ups in wet dirt while wearing short shorts at the dead cold darkness of night due to some troublesome jacks raiding us in their underwear at night with ski masks yelling "Allahuakhbar". Bloody dying as always. Standard. I miss home a lot, bloody miss the Rimworld.

I'll be back home Friday adding back vending machines. Please give me feedback on your el opinion on balancing (lol what's that when it comes to my mods?) if you like the current rate of earnings for the black hat station and etc. I know when the vending machines are back worrying about food will be a thing of the past as long as you have customer support people grafting for silver.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 08, 2018, 08:54:24 AM
Who needs pirating when you can (ab)use other peoples payed netflix? :D
On a  totally unrelated sidenote, my hard drive needs an urgent microwaving round  :-X

Oh so that's why my Netflix password changed huh

Quote from: FeltTapestry on October 08, 2018, 11:06:49 AM
With the desks and server towers, I will be designating a room The Office

This went from "Military Furniture" to "Scrubs" and now "The Office" making rimworld some lighthearted sitcom

Quote from: drd23 on October 08, 2018, 11:01:27 PM
This all looks brilliant.  It will definitely be the basis of my next play through

Happy to hear you like the stuff, will love some feedback while I'm away unable to touch my computer for ten billion years, listening to some guys fitter than me count how much chicks they banged before while I was sobbing myself to sleep over drawing rimworld naked body textures all by my lonesome