[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Madman666

Ideal would be a kind of beacon to show those guys where to drop. Dropping in the center of colony always wrecks some stuff :( Dropping them on map edge is fine i guess, but enemies usually are up your ass already way before they reach you to help out.

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

Rimmu-Nation - Weapons

- RN Rifleman Bench re-added
- All AK Style rifles have been added and categorised
- Current AR Style weapons now categorised
- Many AR Style weapons have been renamed (might show up as errors or missing defnames, this is normal)
- All existing rifles are now properly weapon tagged, no more pirates with spec ops looking weapons apart from a rare selection.
- SW MP15 (M&P15) added, M202 FLASH added, TT-30 added
- Mod is now on stable. No more further renames or changes to the defnames anticipated.
(Note: Any defs missing or possible game breaking updates have seen it's last in this latest version. No more should be made hereafter)

- Melee needs to be done
- Bullpup and other rifle variants need to be done
- Grenades need to be weapon tagged and categorised

Mod is about 75% complete.
5% - All AR Styles added and categorised
5% - Bullpups added and categorised
10% - Other rifles added and categorised
5% final stretch - All melee weapons added and categorised
Quote from: Madman666 on October 25, 2018, 08:25:50 PM
Ideal would be a kind of beacon to show those guys where to drop. Dropping in the center of colony always wrecks some stuff :( Dropping them on map edge is fine i guess, but enemies usually are up your ass already way before they reach you to help out.

Not that simple man. I already owe Albion a favour, and this request of revisal is just an icing on the cake of an already unpaid favour. Gonna have to stick with whatever's practical in terms of time and effort rather than what makes it easier for people in-game.

Besides, it's not the edge of the map, it's just not the center. If you test it in dev mode by triggering a friendly raid, the drop pods aren't at the edge

Madman666

Figured as much. Most convenient things can't be done without fiddly c# patches. Oh well. Feel free to do it the most time-effort efficient way, man. Its still really damn nice to even be able to call in friendly patrols.

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 25, 2018, 11:46:43 AM

Quote from: sumghai on October 25, 2018, 07:54:27 AM
Really enjoying the updates to Red Horse Furniture and RN Weapons, looking forward to the full release.

Just a general heads-up for everyone else - the (unfinished and unstable) RN Weapons is not yet compatible with the 1.0 prerelease of Prepare Carefully, and will crash the game if you try to customize your colonists' inventory and supplies, as it cannot handle uncategorized weapons.

RN Clothing and Prepare Carefully still works fine, though.

Huh that's odd, I'm using the current Steam version and it all works there, is it because that version of Prepare Carefully is not up to date? The categories are still there, just that they're using vanilla categories and not my own.

To clarify, when I have both Prepare Carefully and RN Weapons activated in the modlist:

- I can load existing savegames

- I can start new colonies if I skip the Prepare Carefully option

- The game freezes and crashes if I attempt to customize colonists/inventory for a new colony with Prepare Carefully

I have reproduced this issue on a heavily stripped down game with only Core, Prepare Carefully and RN Weapons as active mods.

I am running the 1.0 prerelease of Prepare Carefully from GitHub, but I have also reproduced this issue with the 1.0 Steam version.

Changing the mod load order also makes no difference.

tl;dr - I can and will keep using RN Weapons for existing savegames, but I cannot start a new customized colony.

Skynert

Hey, those tanks are some kind of "mechanoid"? Becouse there is mod that allow hacking mechs. And I want that FUNVEE :D

Madman666

Quote from: Skynert on October 26, 2018, 05:04:51 AM
Hey, those tanks are some kind of "mechanoid". Becouse there is mod that allow hacking mechs. And I want that FUNVEE :D

I am pretty sure those are coded to explode upon getting downed, so i doubt you ll be able to hack yourself a tank with WTH.

Valter Jr

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- Fixed categories for all existing weapons
- Fixed weapon tags for all existing weapons
- Balanced which rocket launchers and grenade launchers will be craftable

Note: Still broken with prepare carefully. I highly assume it's got something to do with category sub-menus I.E. pistols and revolvers under handguns, which RN: Clothing didn't have.

Prepare carefully is also having numerous issues with EPOE and other mods, so I assume this is not RN: Weapons' fault
(at least I bloody hope not so I dont have to work on fixing anything)

Gonna go run outside, still got 9 miles to go.

Quote from: sumghai on October 26, 2018, 04:21:58 AM
tl;dr - I can and will keep using RN Weapons for existing savegames, but I cannot start a new customized colony.

Just ran the test now. I'm certain this wasn't happening before until I started making weapons go to their respective categories and benches. I believe it's got something to do with Prepare Carefully conflicting with the category system I made for the weapons, it's odd that it works fine with clothes.

The biggest torture of all is there's no bloody way to know what's wrong cause Mary Jane Rimworld decides to crash without telling us what the major malfunction is.

I'm hoping EdB fixes this soon, if not, there's gonna be a loss on Rimmu-Nation's part just for trying to be organized and tidy, and I see a lot of people departing from the mod because they are being stopped from using the all-time go to mod for Rimworld.

I'm 100% certain now that it's got nothing to do with weapons being uncategorised, I just tidied up grenades and misc weapons to not spawn in the vanilla category. This issue only appeared since the changes to the benches and CQB weapons being moved towards their respective category.

Quote from: Skynert on October 26, 2018, 05:04:51 AM
Hey, those tanks are some kind of "mechanoid"? Becouse there is mod that allow hacking mechs. And I want that FUNVEE :D

Yes they are, I think so, they will definitely be hackable. Now the issue is when I make all tanks and stuff available and you do get your hands on them, when they die you will have possibly hostile infantry units coming out and people will wonder "Were they always in there? I owned that Bradley IFV for like 2 years"

Quote from: Madman666 on October 26, 2018, 05:14:41 AM
I am pretty sure those are coded to explode upon getting downed, so i doubt you ll be able to hack yourself a tank with WTH.

That was early B18 Madman, you forgot that they don't all explode to oblivion anymore. Albion made them die and spawn with infantry units fleeing from the vehicle.

Quote from: Valter Jr on October 26, 2018, 07:10:24 AM
punching bags for military furniture  :D

You'd be surprised how minor seeming features like these are a pain in the butt. Needs C# to make pawns hit the thing, a job class driver of some sort. It's not worth the time for me, or risk owing someone more money or favours. Like I said, I already owe Albion my time for assisting with reinforcements, the tank coding and the mission board. As for Jecrell, I cannot afford his services all the time

Sorry compadre but these type of features are gonna have to sit it out

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- EdB Prepare Carefully compatibility issue has been fixed (what a bloody miracle!)

As consequence, the category system seems less tidy, no use of sub-menus within sub-menus. My assumption was right. (The bug happens due to sub-menus within sub-menus) Even though it's less tidy, at least the bloody mod works just fine and the sacrifice wasn't too bad, people can still tidily sort out weapon stockpiles if they really care.

Quote from: Skynert on October 26, 2018, 01:47:15 PM
Infantry comming out? Pff, more hats.

If they're friendly Marines just trying to have a peaceful time living inside the Funvee then you're not very nice turning them into hats

Side note: I left this issue to EDB's steam page for bugs. Hope this helps him sort some bugs out.

sumghai

Mucho Gracias as always, CP. I'm back to planning my next colony again :)

Let's hope EdB updates Prepare Carefully to support nested categories.

EDIT: Incidentally, how do you feel about adding the Panzerfaust 3?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 06, 2018, 04:07:02 PM
Okay, okay I know I said I was gonna update DOOM first guys, but I got complaints about the armor not being "Symmetrical" for the UAC and it just put me off because now I have to make all the UAC frikkin armors again.

Instead of that, I am re-making Umbra Company and they have a new uniform

I also got voice lines from a voice actor, I will animate the origin story that I originally made as a gif, hopefully it comes out great

Okay, okay I know I said I was gonna update Rimmu-Nation first guys, but I got very tired of looking at the several amounts of rifle + melee I have to do and it just put me off because now I have to code all that crap after a long day of coding.

Instead of that, I am re-making Umbra Company again and they have a new uniform again.

Now it's 0730 hours and I am supposed to wake up in 0800 to deliver some papers for a job application. Guess I can't go today because I'm dying over here. I still have the voice lines from the voice actor, I suppose it's gonna be good getting to finally animate their origin story eh?

This current/final design went back to their roots. Their design is based on "Shadow Company" from Modern Warfare. Now I have the accurate helmet type, being the PT A-Bravo carbon helmet.

Side note: I have an ex-army armorer who is a weapons expert, knowledgable in calibers and boolets balancing Rimmu-Nation bullets as we speak. Projectile armor penetration and stopping power. Everything we have now is gonna change significantly, I was hoping he wouldn't get carried away with the realism, but I guarantee some weapons are gonna hurt more now. (I'm trying to prevent them from hurting too much.)

Kinda feels like De Ja Vu. I'm pleased with this new Umbra Company look, lookin' tacticool as frick. I am confident this will be their last and final rendition, perfect for 1.0 and their origin story on the big screen.

Quote from: sumghai on October 26, 2018, 09:40:17 PM
Mucho Gracias as always, CP. I'm back to planning my next colony again :)

Let's hope EdB updates Prepare Carefully to support nested categories.

EDIT: Incidentally, how do you feel about adding the Panzerfaust 3?

Haylo, happy to hear it improves your experience. As for another rocket launcher, as cool as the history is and look of that weapon I think I'm gonna take a pass for now and maybe keep it as a possibility when I finish. There's enough launchers, not all of them will be used by NPCs because they're just ridiculously overkill as it is and I made them more as a defensive measure for the player if they run into something big.

As you can see, my hands are full at the moment, and I try to minimize new features now (ironically)

sumghai

Chicken Plucker

Umbra Company Progress Report
(not in-game content, pawn is edited-in for simulation)

So I decided to say goodbye to the outdated A17 "Spectre" uniform. I got too sentimental and lazy at B18 to sort it out, but now that we have new shrubbery and new textures, the sniper unit for Umbra Company is being re-done.

Goodbye ol' pal, we don't need yer frickin hairbands and ace of spades over here anymore. This is the big leagues now.

Outdated A17/B18 Spectre Helmet

1.0 PT A-Bravo Helmet "Reaper"

Outdated A17/B18 Umbra Ghillie Suit

1.0 Reaper Ghillie Suit

You notice the main difference is material here, I don't want a copy pasted vegetation for the ghillie suits now. I want them to differ in environment, so the Reaper ghillie suit is more earthy and perhaps could work more effectively in the desert as opposed to this old version, or even the Rimmu-Nation ghillie suit here:

Weapon:

Going back to the ol' A17 roots of a camouflaged weapon unique to this unit. I got a class all about camouflage from the Army Air Corps trip a few weeks back as of this post. We were shown some "find the sniper" images, and what gave away one guy was his rifle sticking out.

Intervention - Reaper Version (if I told people this was another rifle they'd believe me, goodluck recognising the bloody thing)

Will be designated to this lad over here, new name, new uniform and.. perhaps something else that will catch many of you off guard. The Reaper unit is mainly for assassination now, so their weapon is always gonna be an AMR (Anti-Materiel Rifle). This means you're gonna lose limbs and colonists if they get land a hit on your guys wearing industrial armors. This is what I was talking about, the pirates won't have .50 BMG or other kinds of AMR, but these hombres will.

I will designate the DMRs and other bolt action to the yet-to-be-remade Spec Ops units.

Will stand-by if I decide to share the info on how the Reapers will go on about assassinating your colonists. For now I'm very strained from full-speed ahead updates for rimmu-nation to the point of neglecting bloody health and job so I'm trying to take it slow by enjoying some art.

Rimmu-Nation 'feels' finished anyway, aside from some more assault rifles and melee, so I'm not too bummed about disappointing anybody.

Quote from: sumghai on October 27, 2018, 05:01:15 AM
No worries, CP. You do you :)

Here, I did me. I hope you are all spooked by the skeleton facepaint man in the woods with his woody suit.

Madman666

I think saying these things look absurdly good is needless.